[Mar 20, 2019] šŸ”µ Trials of Shadows Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

anybody notice how much XP it gives for completing the final (ā€œChallengingā€) round? Iā€™m 3,888 from leveling and donā€™t want to go over yet

1. 20 charactersā€¦
2 Likes

purrrfect, thank you! I will scroll up next time :sweat_smile:

Same team as last time, and Ammeona on the bench.

I took a bit of time to have an average board for the final and it was done easily. But I am lucky to have those 2 guardians for this trial.

1 Like

I was lost, really need Sabina for healing, with her instead of Skittle could have been less painful and less expensive.
Started with an ok board, which got better by the third round but got worst till boss lvl. Always full of yellow and blue, made a couple of diamonds just to get rid of them but they kept coming :worried: [look at the screen, it was just like that].
This trial without Sabina is really a pain and with the v20 increased difficulty they talking about i wouldnā€™t have made it.

Scarlett 4/70 0 // Domitia 4/80 2 // Skittleskull 4/70 0 // Domitia 2/60 // Skittleskull 3/60.
9 health potions, 0 mana, 4 bombs at boss stage and 4 axes, 1 bomb and 1 axe at mob lvl.

4 Likes

This is one of the trials were it is really annoying that I never got Rigard and Sabina. Had to this one without a healer, too. To make things worse, I accidentally picked mana instaed of healing potions for the hard stage. Morganā€™s self healing is awesome, though. She basically soloed the bosses, with some help from items.

Skittleskull 4-70
Morgan Le Fay 4-80+1
Scralett 4-55
Domitia 3-70
Kelile 3-60

4 Likes

I only have 1 team I can use for this one.

Nat (70), Nat (80 +2), Khiona (80 +2), Scarlett (70), Sabina (60)

Not too difficult but wish I had other options. Kellile at 60 and Amonea unleveled is it.

1 Like

Scarlet 4/70, Sabina,3/60, skittles skulls 3/60, G. Jackal 4/70 and Kelile 3/55. Axes and dragon attack,
Got some crappy board at the final stage so ended up using 4 axes and 2 dragon attack. Guess I lost Sabina, and Kelile, but was left with Scarlet, G.Jackal and skittles at completion.

I wanted to complete it with version 19 because this is one of the worse trials for me, but that 3* trainer as reward (blue one for me) changed my mind :sweat_smile:

Health of bosses went up from 3763 HP to 3907 HP (+3,83 %). So, no need to be afraid of ir. And were they hitting harder? Regular hits were about 300, Domitia did around 800 (to Marjana). All bosses had decreased attack by the Gil-ra or bomb effect all the time.

Ameonna is really cool, she ā€œtookā€ two specials from Domitia and a lot other attacks while in ghost form. With help of Sabinaā€™s heal I ended up with using only 3 bombs and 4 mana pots. If I knew it is not that much harder I would bring antidotes. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/lLZzoA8Tfeg Stage 1

https://youtu.be/q2Espn0W-V4 Stage 2

https://youtu.be/mA7yYLKFmxw Final stage

1 Like

GIRL GANG!!!

5 Likes

Thanks for checking that!

Did you take a screenshot of the new HP stat by chance?

1 Like

Current Team

Scarlett 4*+6 ( improved since last time )
Kelile 4* 3.60
Guardian Jackal 4* 4.65
Sabina 4* 4.16
Thoth-Amon 5* 2.60

Used 5x Antidotes, Attacks- 2x Dragon, 4x Bomb and zero 100% mana

I brought Sabina but she was not needed a lot until the Bosses when she was taken out early. However with 42% heal I might just not have noticed.

Everyone dead except Scarlett with 524 HP

Emblems

Saving sorcerer for Sabina ( currently leveling too many purple 4* heroes ). Scarlett now 4*+7

Empires version 19

Still checking the Apple App store.

This time the Sorcerer bosses - Quintus and Skittleskull - did not have a talent listed when you clicked on them. Do not know if it was a v19 visual bug or mechanics bugs. Hopefully v20 will fix it.

2 Likes

Bosses still had 3763. Iā€™m on V19.

Decided to go carpeting this time, since I just researched dragons to be crafted.

Team same like last time. They arenā€™t my 1st choice dudes, so I only did a little bit of last minute leveling.
The booted kitty was fun to play. Sabina, Musashi and Kelile did the work, while Danza also was very helpful, even though he froze twice. Watch my vid.

Achieved by the first try and used nearly all items.

2 Likes

Very interesting observation, thanks!

1 Like

I tried to, but the popup with their health and other information is showed when you tap on them and I had trouble to screenshot that :innocent: But the health number definitely is correct, I double checked it on all three.

1 Like

V19

Won last stage with the following team:

Kelile 3.60, Scralett 3.21, Ameonna 2.22, Dawa 3.50, Sabina 3.60

Used 5/10 healing pots, 0/5 mana pots, 4/5 dragon, 5/5 bombs

Did not loose a single hero.

I suppose that will be harder in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use screencasting.

When I am screencasting I hold down the tap for 5 seconds. When done, I replay the video, pause at the pop up and screenshot the paused video.

1 Like

I am on version 20. I couldnā€™t tell that it was that much tougher than the only other trial I fully completed pre-update (rogues and barbarians). The blue 3* trainer hero at the end was a nice perk, though. I didnā€™t read the whole thread, so this may have been mentioned, but the trainer hero doesnā€™t show up on the level select screen as a reward. It just pops up at the end like other acquired troops/heroes.

I completed with:

• Sabina 4^70+4
  • Danzaburo 4^70+3
  • Kelile 3^60
  • Skittleskull 3^50
  • Jahangir 3^50

Compared to last time, Sabina and Danzaburo probably have more talents, but both were already maxed last go-round. I acquired (and leveled a bunch!) a Skittleskull, who replaced my 3^50 Graymane. I also leveled Jahangir from 1^17 to 3^50. Neither of those were specifically because of this trial; they just happened to be the next best options for me to level in their respective colors. (I was kinda hoping Iā€™d get Ameonna ready in time, but alas.) I knew I didnā€™t have a chance at the final stage last time, so I didnā€™t even attempt it, but the quick ascension of Skittleskull and having defeated the barbarians and rogues quest in the interim, plus the promise of a nice trainer hero, motivated me to give it a shot this time.

Danza threw swords during the mob waves a few times, which helped, but of course threw consecutive snowflakes during the boss wave. Made it to the boss wave with everyone standing and only having used a couple of minor health potions; left with only Danzaburo standing and in critical health. Used all my minor health potions, 3 dragon attacks, 5 axes, and 2 bombs. Challenging, yes, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Iā€™ll probably try to complete this one and rogues/barbarians going forward. Donā€™t really have the bench to get close to completing the others right now.

2 Likes

That could work too. I did some Googling and found out that my phone can do a screenshot by pressing lower volume + power buttons for few seconds.

2 Likes