Manipulating individual warscore

Wasn’t that canceled since it actually made matchmaking worse? They tested that and it lead even bigger missmatches. Or do I remember wrong?

The first implementation was bad because it didn’t have any history. They fixed that by doing the obvious thing — populate the individual history from the team history.

I would have gone further and left the old algorithm in place while populating the individual history behind the scenes for a month, which would also let you run an A-B comparison on old algorithm vs new to ensure it worked as expected but… :person_shrugging:

Can you find me post about that? Since all I can find is them testing new algoritm and cancel it, because it worked worse.

They have updated the war score description. It now says “adjusted by their past performance in the Wars”…

Previosuly it used to read “adjusted with the past performance of the alliance” as can be seen in the screenshots here… hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20210609-185940~2

3 Likes

Parody staff response below.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. To summarize, individual war scores are being manipulated to obtain easier matchups.

After careful consideration, we have decided not to adjust the scores for the players who utilizied this faulty programming. The main reasons are as follows:

The players played the game the way it was coded.
We are unable to retroactively adjust war scores.
Even though we’re talking about a war score exploit, it does not break the war system so it will be adjusted when it’s more convenient.

Here’s the follow-up post you are looking for.

Basically, the first time they did something and it was completely bad. That’s when they cancelled it.
Then they decided to do the obvious thing and copy the alliance’s war history onto the player’s history and continued from that point with the player history.

2 Likes

There is a very simple solution to this problem.Your participation only counts when war ends and you cannot leave your alliance at any point during the war. If you leave at any point, then your participation will not be registered.

4 Likes

Didn’t they have it set that way before? I recall joining war and it advising you cannot leave your alliance or join another alliance until the war is over? When did that change?

1 Like

If you leave you can’t use any more flags and you don’t get the loot for the win/loss. That’s all still true.

The wrinkle is that you do still get credit towards the war chest, which seems an oversight to me.

4 Likes

This just reminded me of something regarding the staggered war starts. I recall that this came up when some players completed the PoV earlier than expected. Basically, not all wars/matchmaking started at the same time, so it was possible to participate in 2 wars. You can do 3 attacks in the first war, leave and then join your second alliance before that war started and you would complete the second war as normal (6 attacks). It was a way to get 9 attacks credited for the PoV instead of 6.

I don’t know if people are still doing this.

The only other drawback/pushback you may get from players are those who want to titan merc to fulfill their PoV requirements.

Seems like if the algorithm can track these participants’ war chests then it should be able to include those wins in the war scores. It may just need a slight change in the war score calculation.

Anyone leaving an alliance before war is over should still get that win or loss included as part of their war score :woman_shrugging:

I recall reading about one player who did this in three alliances per war. Sucked to be in one of the first two where he only used three flags, and they would have been the higher-ranked of the three. Because the staggered times could be two hours or more (s)he could time it just right.

1 Like

Yes - 1000% Guv is correct. My alt didn’t war for a few weeks and visited different alliances. When I returned to the last alliance I had participated in war, I opened a war chest. A nice surprise :innocent:

2 Likes

If they can’t fix the loophole in the coding….

The least they can do is notify all players not to exploit this loophole… and punish them accordingly if they do.

Isn’t it their responsibility to enforce game rules?

They acted super quick on the Morlovia glitch and punished the exploiters…. But maybe this isn’t a big deal to them if it’s not costing them money.

LETS SEE HOW QUICKLY THEY RESPOND

2 Likes

Then the solution is simple, SG should change it so that participation is only counted if the player never leave the alliance untill the war is over.

1 Like

I thought of that too, but then again, would there be issues with trolls who participated in the war and then they leave just to screw with the team. Is that even a thing?

Maybe just disable the „leave alliance“ button while you‘re actively participating in an ongoing war (you‘re signed in, the war has started and you got your first 3 flags). You would be locked in the alliance for 24hrs :slight_smile:

1 Like

But then we won’t see any rage quitting… :laughing:

5 Likes

In a previous war, there were 3 ex-members on the other side before the war started. No idea what happened.

You know, we play the game because it’s fun and competitive. To find “loopholes” is exciting at first but after a while, it’s easy to lose interest and eventually quit playing altogether. I rather the competition of playing a fair battle and taking my chances of winning or losing based solely on fair gameplay than finding some glitch in programming and utilizing it.

3 Likes