Mana troops

Or a medium Khagan…

Not to my knowledge. That’d be very useful. Needs to be done in raiding, of course, because we don’t know the mana speeds of bosses. Even familiar bosses like Gato may differ from their card value.

1 Like

Thank ye all for comments. Much appreciated!

6 turns, fires after 7th turn. (as they don’t fire immeditaly after gainin mana from “no tiles”) each hero gains 1 tile worth of mana at the end of each turn as the defenders bonus.

4 Likes

Isn’t it 11% for very fast? Also, how does the 0.5 work. (6.5). In the formula above 6.105 < 6.5.

No, the bonus doesn’t influence the amount of mana needed to charge but the tiles that charges the special:

1,09 * 6 = 6,54 so > than a very fast special

1 Like

Nvm, I see my error. I was looking at troop level as a percent and percent as troop level. :slight_smile: Thank you for the clarification on the 0.5. Love your chart.

1 Like

Currently, the only talent grid I can see is for a 3 star ranger so I don’t know if this is true for all heroes.

He has one diamond +2% “mana recovery.” Having this would be the equivalent of 4 troop levels, right? Do other classes or levels get different diamond options?

post on talent grids ( linky, linky)

All classes get mana bonus. The following have final node +4%

Monk
Sorcerer
Druid

The following get mana bonus late ( you might skip it to save emblems ):

Monk
Sorcerer
Paladin

Druid
Cleric
Fighter

1 Like

Doing them for defense is a LOT of work, and honestly won’t tell you much beyond initial combo hits… you might find that your Guin charges with 4 “initial hit” combos instead of 5, but that’s about it. Reason being you’d also have to take into consideration that consecutive combos give the defense less mana until they basically give nothing after the 10th or so. (10% drop each combo?) So you’d have to set it up as well to max charge after whatever you determined would be most common… 2 combos… 3 combos… as well as turns where the defense is given a % of their mana… all to get down to see if you can max out, ON AVERAGE, in a turn or 2 less. It wouldn’t be a static figure, it’d be dynamic and you would hope to find where it covered the most situations.

1 Like

Look at it more as questioning how many times have you seen an opponents hero that one turn or shred of a turn away from going off on your offense.

If they had mana troops 1-7 levels higher then they’d be going off instead of at the threshold.

Maybe that matters and maybe not. If Kunchen or Guin start firing from deaths doorstep and you would have killed them next turn then the case can be made that the troops did the job. 75% of the levels they gain improves their survivability or makes them fire sooner. 50% of the levels a Crit troop gain improves it survivability, but unlike mana troops, the Crit troops favor two key defensive attributes instead of attributes which are somewhat derivative.

The answer then is purely subjective and entirely dependent upon the hero sporting the troops in constant reference to a players team as a whole.

Confused and disappointed in lack of a clear cut answer? I’m impressed that there appears to be none.

1 Like

Thank you for the link. It’s very helpful/

Can you please update this now that we know that some have an available +2% mana and others have an available +4%? This would be a huge help as it looks like a slow hero may come close to shaving off another tile at +4%.

I didnt create it. Someone else will need to do it.

Nice! So with lvl 11 mana troops, and ranger talent 2% mana, and Seshats 4% i will shave down to 7 tiles huh

1 Like

Yup, that is correct.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I realize this ha s probably been asked but can someone put a pic of what a Mana Troop is please? I’m just starting out here and would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance. To be more precise, what is a Level 11 Troop? Are those in Summon?

Mana troops look like this (circled in red)

They are a type of four star troop available in the troop Summon portal. The other type, also shown here, are generally known as “Crit” troops as they boost critical chance rather than mana

Troops can be trained up in a barracks by feeding other troops to them. Once you have done that for a while and you can get a mana troop to level 11, that troop can be allocated to a very fast hero to make their usual 6.5 tile charge go down to 6 tiles, which is only two three matches. That is why people target getting their mana troops to level 11 or higher

Once they get to Level 23, they shave a full tile off average speed heroes, meaning they are 9 tiles instead of 10, which is only 3 matches

Hope that helps

And just so you are clear, on the Summon portal you have a one in ten chance on each pull to pull one of the four star troops, no guarantee on which type you get if you are so lucky

Your formula isn’t making sense to me. (Number of tiles normally needed to charge) times (mana boost in %) is going to give a bigger number with a bigger mana boost. It should be giving a smaller number – fewer tiles for a bigger boost. Can you explain?

I want to figure out whether my existing (or any) mana troops would make any difference for heroes that are sitting beside Khagan or not, so I need to know how the math works. Khagan adds a 24% boost, and this chart doesn’t go up to 24% or above.

Example. You attack with an average hero (needs 10 credit to charge special). It has a mana troop granting +13% mana generation. You match 5 tiles in its color and it gets credit for 5.65. Then you fire a hero that increases its mana generation by 24%. It now has +37% mana generation for the duration of the effect. You now match 3 tiles and get credit for 4.11. Total charge is now 5.65+4.11=9.76 and your hero isn’t charged yet.