Mana reduction, worth it?

I assume reduce mana by 20% or 25% is of the enemies current mana production. Lets say average of 10 tiles for 100% is 10% a tile. So a hero hit 8x should have 80% mana. 20% would be 16% leaving the hero with 64%. So instead of 2 more tiles for for 100% you would need 4x more hits to reach 100%. Lets go fast at 7 tiles for 14.285% each. Lets say you hit 6x and the hero has 85.71% mana. 20% is 17.142% leaving the hero at 68.568%. 2x tiles should put the hero at 97.138% which means should takes 3 tiles to reach 100%. All this is under the theory of no mana boosts from buffs or troops. If we throw in these modifiers you can basically reduce all the tiles need by 1 or 2x easily. So now you have casted your skill and need 7, 10 or even 12 tiles to regenerate your mana reducing hero and you have actually put very little hurt on the opposition. So now the bane of our existence. NINJAS! and these newer heroes that build mana tiers. I know mana speed says charge, but in ninja tower they take all sort of hits before charging. Floor 4 took 10hits per tier. Floor 5 took 12 hits per tier. Either way. Mana reduced vs a ninja is like trying to sneeze to put out a fire. Check following pics of Chao vs ninja.

Now checkout Chao vs ninja with Guinevere followup

Anyway… looks like mana is only reducing vs a single tier. Very disappointing. Feel like mana reduction needs be reworked…

Two things happening here:

1 mana cut is off the 100% not the amount they’ve gained. So if a hero has 20% mana and you hit them with a 20% mana reduction they’ll be left at zero
2 time stops remove 100% mana but against ninja it only removed the current charge build up. This is an extra mechanic that makes ninja heroes “better”. It seems to be intentional and seems to be a way to give them extra power.

2 Likes

mana reduction is to prevent hero from firing its skill next turn so you can match some tile to fire your skill(s) before it. It doesn’t matter how many tiles it actually reduces.

Mana cut (Guinevere) and mana steal (cChao) reduces the current mana in the bar but doesn’t slow down generation, i.e the number of mana per tile that hits the hero.

For that, you need the mana slow skill eg Sorcerers, Telluria, S4 fiends

Ok I know it doesn’t reduce production. And are you saying that Guinevere 20% should remove 1/4 worth of mana regardless of how much they have? This something bothering me long time as during raids it barely removes anything. Please elaborate vs ninjas… thanks

Hard to tell from a pic but looks like guin took about 20% from all. So, at higher levels is mana cut worth it?

Well, 20% is 20% whatever the bar level. The purpose is to delay it reaching full for a turn or two. It’s actually less effective if the mana bar is less than 20% as you are not getting the full benefit of the special.

The easiest way is to imagine the mana bar like a fuel tank. Ninjas have 3 tanks. When the first one is full, the second one gets filled, and so on.

When you use a time stop on a ninja, the 100% it removes is just the full amount of one tank. So if the ninja was at 50% of tank 2, then it becomes 50% of tank 1.

This is an advantage for boss ninjas, but a drawback if you have one in your team. Super mana potions will only fill one tank amount, so you can’t go from 0 to 100% like a very slow hero

1 Like

I think using “%” for the mana bars is not very convenient, I always prefer to think about mana points. You have to reach 100 mana points to charge your special. Ninjas can go up to 300 mana points for 3 charges.

When you use a special that reduce (lets imagine) 50% of mana, and your opponent has exactly 50%, your opponent won’t end with the half of 50% (25%), your opponent will end with 0%, bar empty.

Instead if we say that the special reduces 50 mana points and the opponent has exactly 50% of mana charged (50 mana points) it’s perfectly clear that your opponent will end with 0% of mana bar (0 mana points).

Maybe thinking it that way helps.

1 Like

This is all discussed in detail on the above thread ^^

Please continue over there.