Mana Class Talent and Costume Mana Bonus DO Work in Defense - Staff Response Post #90

The hp, defense and attack bonuses are totalled and displayed on the card. Mana bonuses aren’t totalled and displayed.

1 Like

If it’s working as intended, there’s a lot of faith lost in how this game operates.

If it’s not working as intended then fix it.

1 Like

Yo, SG, can I please get my emblems and ham back for this intentional negligence on your part to reveal information that, had I known it, I would have made different choices?

Everyone makes mistakes. Just make up for it? Give your people their stuff back and apologize, maybe?

Just a suggestion.

3 Likes

I sense several reset emblems, food and iron bundles, and maybe a flask.

I also sense several players rage-quit. I hope they feed their prized heroes to a 1* hero and make a video out of it and later uploaded to YouTube.

And lastly, I likewise sense that this thread and several others will fill this forum for various rants, none are raves.

@JonahTheBard I think the title of the thread would accurately be: Mana Class Talent and MANA Costume Bonus Don’t Work… Just a suggestion though.

2 Likes

Up until this point, I’ve never been upset with SGG. I know this is an RNG game, I know they need to make a profit, I know I will never be a top tier player because of my spending habits. I know these facts, and while it can be mildly disheartening at times, it has never put a damper on the daily fun I have playing this game.

But this doesn’t make sense to me. What’s the point of having the bonuses only on offense?Why not disclose that fact literally anywhere? This is disappointing and frustrating.

8 Likes

We are lied to yet again…

3 Likes

It’s really the “yet again” part that is starting to reeeaaaallllyyyy stick in my craw.

1 Like

FWIW, almost everything in this game does not provide exactly statistics, odds, mechanics, etc. Case in point is the damage calculator, the +20% attack and defense boost to defending heroes, loot drops in maps, etc. What they provide statistics is only in the summoning odds and perhaps the unfarmable ascension materials from Alchemy Lab level 19 (or 10A). The rest were determined or discovered by players through grinding, i.e. percentages of acquiring legendaries in TC20, common and uncommon heroes from TC2, TC4 and TC 11 functions, various crafting materials from various maps. Some players also have done several statistical records of their elemental chests, titan chests, regular monster and hero chests, etc.

But I do understand the players’ complaints on the wastage of not getting the mana bonus from the +20. It is clearly a foul blow. SG should have been more transparent on these matters. I guess all players should be compensated with specific number of reset emblems in relation to the number of heroes emblemed, plus all food and iron bundles to cover the cost of embleming those heroes. AAAAANNNNNDDDDDD, 5 free legendary heroes of our chosing including the necessary ascension materials and food required to max them.

3 Likes

Lol, this is turning into a Pandora’s box.

Probably the best solution is make this nodes or bonuses always effective and stop.
Doesn’t change until now they weren’t, still the less pain choice to make right now.

Debatable they were in vacation, but their country wasn’t as troubled as others by covid.
They not scheduled beta for July, so probably a break was already settled some time ago.

That said, this is the kind of things that call for a sudden break on that schedule :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

A mobile phone game company staffed with mobile phone game developers apparently managed to find all the world’s supply of mobile phone game developers that magically DON’T have mobile phones!

Wowsers, that’s truly bad RNG luck!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What about the pirates familybonus? Does it work on defence? I run Finley+Capitan but only with LVL 23 manatroops. So the family mana boosts will boost me one tile.

1 Like

I’ve benn testing this and I found that bonuses seem to do apply other times they don’t…
Looks like mana bonus you can get from passive bonus (costumes/family/troops) is capped at Smtg between 20% and 23%…
Anyone else?

Not on defense they won’t. On offense the bonus will be applied but when they are on defense they won’t.

1 Like

You may want to check to see if you’re doing this right. It’s not something that can be quickly tabulated. A couple dudes spent a good chunk of time over a year to get data that proved the bonuses weren’t being included. Check back on the larger main thread to see their methods, it seemed pretty intense.

2 Likes

Lucky they had mobile phones when on holiday, and not just African or European swallows…

2 Likes

Here’s my list, it’s grim reading!

Kunchen node 19
1115k ham, 897k iron, 125 emblems

Ursena node 20
1515k ham 1172k iron 250 emblems

Poseidon node 19

Gravemaker node 19

Lepus node 20

Joon node 20

That’s 7,890,000 ham, 6,207,000 iron and 1,125 emblems for me.

Admittedly, Kunchen and Poseidon are no longer in my defence team but at the time they got they were.

When I think how long those final nodes took and how many other attack heroes I could have invested In at a fraction of the cost, time and resources to say I’m a little annoyed is an understatement

1 Like

@Forest_Hun - no mistake - a perfect post!
This is exactly what was needed to show it´s not working as designed - with this screen it becomes immediatly a bug to be fixed:

Thx a lot for this!
backend is not doing what frontend is announcing - even my Devs would say “ok - please make an bugfix ticket for next sprint” ^^

3 Likes

… How is it possible to read that after so many month. Well it’s a bugg they have to fix it we all play with what we read and see. There is absolutely no reason to not take into account class talent and costume mana bonus in defense …

1 Like

I am following this thread. In anticipation that this WILL be corrected!

I can not even express in to :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: words how upsetting it IS and WILL be if NOT corrected.

Now I patiently wait… :rage::triumph:

2 Likes

Is there any confirmation on familybonus aswell? Using Finley and Kestrel to break them both with troops. Would be nice2know if it doesn’t work.

1 Like