Mana Class Talent and Costume Mana Bonus DO Work in Defense - Staff Response Post #90

I agree, I don’t have the tells and Black knights of the world. But I costumed isarnia and Viv and just pulled azlar…

Had 18 emblems on Viv trying to move her towards average mana speed for defense… Why the f&$& did I pull for costumes… thanks glad I just threw my money in a shredder.

Guess I just need to try for the newest heroes because they are so much better the. My S1 worthless costumes. OR just stop wasting money on this dumb game.

5 Likes

Agreed. If I can’t trust the card I am buying actually has everything the card says it has; not sure I can buy it anymore. “As intended” is the worst thing SG could have said. Means they intended to mislead, intended to fool people. Intended that nodes and costumes didn’t do what they told us they did. Not a balance issue, not a bug, not an oversight, not a oops. 100% deliberate.

9 Likes

Yeah just looked at my seshat… went mana node instead of double Def… smh. If I’d only known

4 Likes

Edited, post removed upon reading staff clarification later on in thread. All’s well that ends well :+1:

11 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up.
It’s very deceitful indeed to market costumes and their “mana bonus” without disclaimer that it only works on offense. So much BS written all over.
Also those resources spent on mana talent could have been spent on defense talent or mana troops.

4 Likes

Well while they are out spending my money (which I foolishly spent assuming they weren’t committing fraud) please let them know that I am…how to put this succinctly…experiencing what alcoholics refer to as “a moment of clarity”. And in this clarified state I wish to communicate my endlessly and provocatively profound disdain for their underhanded business tactics, their stonewalling silence, and their woefully inept attempt at communicating with a player base they neither respect nor appreciate.

6 Likes

Ya folks, what has been done is unethical, and sinister at best; illegal at worst. If you intend to sell something based on the merit of some feature, you then advertise that it has that feature, and people buy it because of the feature you claim it has, while all along you know it doesn’t have that feature and in fact never intended for it to have… I will talk to my lawyer friends, but I am pretty sure that’s illegal. This is not some $50 Xbox game that didn’t live up to the reviews. I have invested a LOT of money in my roster. I spent a lot chasing costumes because SG said they were better. I have spent a LOT getting emblems because SG said it would make the hero stronger. Now they say they never intended for these increased stats to actually work?? Then I never intended to pay you SG…

11 Likes

Wait are we talking strictly mana bonuses from emblem nodes and costume bonus or everything the costume bonus includes? Like the attack and defense? Health?

I wouldn’t say crit is wasted on defense. On defense, the hero’s strike/slash attack can crit. I’ve seen heroes on defense who were buffed by Tarlak and then crit for 800+ dmg with only a slash attack.

1 Like

It would appear just mana bonuses. However…SG has now been caught in a flagrant lie about hero stats. So ask yourself. If SG is willing to stonewall and continue lying for over a year while pushing offers for costumes and event heroes that they are FULLY AWARE do not meet the criteria they are advertising them under, then what else are they willing to lie about? 5star hero pull percentages? Ascension mat rarity? Critical damage modifiers? Would you trust their word on anything at this point?

8 Likes

Oh dear, SG back in the headlines for misleading and abusing its loyal playerbase.

Then radio silence. Who would’ve thought?

#ManaGate

6 Likes

Yeah very true pretty rediculous the stuff that comes out

This was about as bad as a response as we could have hoped for, I mean my gosh. The stonewalling alone is ridiculous enough to think we were taking to politicians. And dear lord all I can say is zero response by SG would have been better than that half hearted side kick of a response. Man alive if Petri were my communications person and I were a manager I would jump off the roof. The Coneheads have more ability to connect to people.

2 Likes

What about family bonus on defence? Like Kage + Mits?

Makes no sense that it’s working as intended. Why is mana different than anything else awarded by emblems and costumes? Our attack, defense and health all increase on defense. Seems like they just forgot.

1 Like

I’d guess it’s ignored as well… See here:

5 Likes

We will appreciate that… I was about to use 250 emblems on a hero thinking that 4% mana would help that hero in defense and now I am surprised to know it won’t mean a thing…

7 Likes

OMG ! Next thing from SG which is really disgusting.
As i read it i didn’t believe it.
But @Petri approved it .
I really hope that this will be changed/fixed soon.
I can see absolutely no reason for excluding thr Mana Bonus of a Talent or a costume dir Defender.
That ist so stupid.

Wow just wow LOL! RIP to those who chose mana node in the talent tree. But this raises other concerns…

Does Crit node work on defense? Does healing bonus node work on defense? Do the portal summoning odds really have the stated 5* appearance rates?

11 Likes