🏆 Malin – 5* Holy / Yellow from Plain Hunters

New Plain Hunter Hero is released: Malin

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Malin, as well as your thoughts on Malin.

Malin

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:sun_with_face:
Holy/Yellow
Monk
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 901 943 1718
4/90 1031 1079 1965
Origin Family
Covenant of Champions Plain Hunter
Image Aether Power Description
counterattack Counterattack At the start of each battle, this Hero counterattacks with 60% of the damage received for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Status effect on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they give a Hunter’s Mark on a random enemy. The target receives 150 damage over 3 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased with 150, up to 1500 damage in total.
:hourglass: Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction
This character has a 10% chance to drop the direct damage received from Special Skills to 1.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Wild Cleave
  • Deals 325% damage to the all enemies.
  • All enemies receive 364 Bleed damage over 4 turns. Against Dark characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.
  • All enemies get -75% decrease for any healing for 4 turns. Against Dark characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.
  • All enemies get -35% accuracy for 4 turns. Chance to miss applies to offensive Special Skills. Against Dark characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.
  • Deals extra damage against Dark.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Plain Hunter family
Bonus for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

+5% / +10% / +15% / +20% attack

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Result: Bleed damage is reduced to 340 from 448.

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

The damage reducer passive is reworded, but the effect is the same.

Beta Information: đŸ§Ș Early Information on New Covenant of Champions Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Malin ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Malin.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Malin and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Malin worth summoning for?

• Would you use Malin on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Malin ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Malin as an opponent?

• Would you give Malin Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Malin’s character design?

• If you Summoned Malin and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Malin, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Malin when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Malin, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Malin (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Malin), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Malin (post release)

:question: Is Malin worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Malin would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Malin’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Damage Dealer (Over Time)
  • Healing Debuffer
  • Accuracy Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Malin compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Malin’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Malin’s Base Stats?

Note this means Malin’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Malin worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Malin is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Malin is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Malin worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Malin then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

2 Likes

I may have went a little nuts with this one. Can’t wait to see how Marlin will do in rush. (I went with ATK/DEF for emblems.)

9 Likes

I would love to pull this girl! :heart_eyes: and tbh I don’t mind spending but to spend a ton and not get the hero I’m after could be my in game demise.

Good luck in the portals!
May all your tokens produce a smile!

6 Likes

I spent $3.99 and got Malin. Not too bad.

8 Likes

I just bought the 800 coin deal and tossed them to the portal.
I wasn’t honestly expecting much, and didn’t even bother checking the content before starting to pull.
And this girl popped up on 7th pull. I was like WTF?!!
At first sight I thought “aww she’s slow”. Then I started reading text, with each special I was mind blown. And it kept scrolling and scrolling

I’m still trying to digest

9 Likes

Does this mean that for dark heroes, the damage is 448 over 6 turns? Does this make sense?

We pointed out in beta that this text is confusing, so SG did their due diligence by ignoring us.

It adds damage as well as turns for dark. So, normal hero, 448 bleed over 4 turns is 448/4=112 per turn. For a dark hero, it can do a total of 112*6=672 damage. A better phrasing would be this:

• All enemies receive 112 Bleed damage every turn for 4 turns. Against Dark characters, this status effect becomes uncleansable and lasts 2 turns longer.
18 Likes

Pulled Malin, and she looks pretty solid, I’m looking at her and all I can think is
 ANOTHER monk???

4 Likes

Yeah!! This makes more sense. Thank you.

1 Like

She is slow but omg she’s gonna be devastating if anyone let’s her fire. I grabbed her today on a 10 pull, but I don’t have darts for her. Worst part of the game is waiting on mats lol

5 Likes

Myztero loves her and really wants to see defenses overflowing with her!

7 Likes

I pulled her yesterday, she is really great. I put her in my defense team, instead of Wolfgang. The results are very good, I stayed about 2800 cups over night, usually I dropped under 2700. Yes, she`s slow, but with help from Xnolphod and Manatroops, she can fire right in time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Myztero will most probably get stomped by her

5 Likes

That indeed is the problem with Myztero
 when u want him to copy that ailments, he has to survive first
 which is from my personal experience quite unlikely, since his stats are not beefy enough. His class Rogue is absolutely unfitting, paladin with maximum defense would be better. You want him to get hit in order to reflect as much ailments as possible, so he should be a Taunter and a paladin class. Had no problem facing him and have problems using him, so Malin is no match for him.

3 Likes

Well here is the encounter i had so far with her. It was super close but I wasn’t even able to get my block up in time, so Malin’s ailments were in effect when Myztero sent them back.

With a block in place and with Zhabog to keep it going then Malin’s ailments will basically cripple her own team

2 Likes

My point of view is you get pretty lucky there and if attack 10 times on this guy with same team you should lose majority of them. Myztero is still out of meta even with damage buff

3 Likes

The buff was stupid and irrelevant. But Malin is exactly the hero that he was made to counter. Out of 10 he would win more than half for sure, as long as she is in one of the tank positions.

The more heroes that are released like Malin the more meta relevant he will become

we have ailments since forever and still Myz doesn’t shine
 he is too weak.Malin is not the first hero with that many or strong ailments, people said the same when Rayne was introduced. “my Myztero will welcome all of the raven clan members with open arms”. Never happened.

Myztero does very well vs Rayne and Quintin. He does very well against all strong ailment givers, including and especially Malin.

These guys just don’t make that big an appearcance in defenses though.