Malicna, Frosth, Yang Mai, Elradir & Devana nerf

It’s still only 1 mana gen buff at any one time. They don’t stack, as far as I know. Am I mistaken?

Do they stack ? If they do stack, then it’s great. 5x mana gen heroes = 5 EL buffs = 0.3 tile mana 5x = 1.5 tile mana per turn.

1 Like

Yeah now those villains will be useful.

They do not seem to stack. I just tried Zocc, Clarissa, and Raf together (all 30% special skill defense) and they just wrote over each other.

5 Likes

That’s what I thought. If that’s the case, I don’t understand this nerf.

4 Likes

My thought too. I was thinking they must stack to make sense of the nerf, but no. I had plans of running Raf, Clarissa, Zocc and normal Kadilen just to see what the special skill defense would look like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You only need 1 of the mana boost + another 2021 HOTM and when the mana boost hero fires everyone will get it.

See my Finley below. I’ve been able to get 3 different elemental links + a minion from Glenda.

So you can go two 2021 HOTM (Say Malicna + Alexandrine) and get the healing boost and the mana boost. Now if you had two 2017 HOTM you’d be getting a plus to Mana generation as well. Stack that with high Mana troops and a hero that further generates mana (Squid dude from S4?) and suddenly there’s all sorts going on. That’s just literally off the top of my head too. Heck even Khagan would be nuts after he fired for those flanking him (see rush wars and tournaments…)

imo, this isn’t an argument for nerfing the small mana gain element links. there were already mana stack possibilities, especially with free mana heroes like Xnolphod and Toxicandra at average and fast speeds, respectively, plus the Sakura family in addition to the small mana gain elemental links, the +4% mana elemental link, emblem nodes, special skill buffs, the Slayer stacks–why did the small mana gain element link buff receive special attention? what line was crossed that made SG decide to do this? i highly doubt the 2017 Legends family bonus should be considered a bridge too far.

5 Likes

So synergy wise you can take Frosth + Russell and Off colour Minion makers and they would all get the mana boost Frosth and his boost to the minions.

Say Freya, Bera + name a hero and you’ve gained what you had to take Malicna for without taking Malicna.

For example. This matters more for say Yang Mai, you took her really for that link. Now I don’t need to if I build it out cleverly.

I’m not saying it’s an argument. I just think that’s why it’s happened.

For mono players (like me) it doesn’t do anything. But for 3-1-1 or even rainbow it’s suddenly awesome.

I play 3-1-1, it’s not awesome at all. I have stated the fact that these bonuses do not stack already several times in this thread and they become useless for some players, including myself.

They can still be useful for people who have a high level mana troop.

Sorry, but if you would have good intentions and interested in reality you would actually read the thread and not rehash the same arguments over an over again while refusing to answer the points of others. For me again you’re confirming that you are just bent on defending SG without caring of what impact they have on players.

You use the statement to support your point of view. This is what an argument actually is. Please stop making statements on behalf of all players, when many other players already answered that for them it’s a very bad situation. If for you it’s ok, great, but stop speaking on behalf of everyone and trying to sell us the same incorrect argument (that the nerf is justified by the fact that the elemental bonus can apply to other elements, even if the mana gain does not stack) over and over again.

3 Likes

Since Malicna is average herself, I imagine that you have a level 23 mana troop or she is emblemed with the mana bonus and you have a level 17 mana troop.

This is indeed useful for those with high level mana troops, but not for those that don’t have high level mana troops, meaning exactly those for whom this mana gain mattered the most.

2 Likes

I didn’t know about this until I read it on our alliance chat - but I had noticed the slow-down with Malicna. Seriously, the only two HotM’s that I use regularly have been nerfed? Vela and Mal were good - not great, and yet the game does this? How freaking absurd.

But yeah, let’s keep making it so only the whales can pull the best heros - and nerf the one that some of us rely on.

3 Likes

So when the 2021 family is applied you will need only 2 2021 heroes to get a mana buff on all of the team. So you only need 1 of this family.

Stop being obtuse for a single minute. I said some time ago that the only reason I could see for a change was the new HOTM family rules and today I’ve seen that in action.

There is a mana boost elemental link family (Seshat, Miki era) where you could in theory stack multiple +4% mana gain to all on a team. I guess up to +20% if you ran all 5. Still, not a reason to nerf these but maybe a factor to SG?

We shall see, as far as I got from the Beta players there was no stack for them. But as someone else noticed before. They could have easily have programmed the nerf to happen in the same update in which they would apply the buff.

So you refuse to follow a discussion based on arguments, you repeat discussions and arguments already expressed more than a week ago, you appear and than disappear dramatically for a couple of times and now you appear again to insult me and the issue is that I am obtuse :)))

Your big finding was already discussed with the beta players previously. And NO, this buff does not compensate for the 40% nerf because:

1. It decreases a very important elemental link without any explanation many months after the hero cannot be pulled anymore after people chased these heroes with this elemental link playing a big factor

2. The fact that all my heroes gain 1.2 tiles over four turns is a lot less helpful (often useless from my current tests) than if all the heroes of one element gained 2 tiles over four turns or 1 tile over two turns.

3. In order for all your heroes to benefit from this annual family bonus, you need a second maxed heroes from that year. Maybe I don’t have one or I don’t want to max it because I have other levelling priorities

And because despite what you say, I am not obtuse, I recognized several times in this thread, after people tested it, that it seems that the nerf is not so bad for those who have high level mana troops, but it’s problematic exactly for those who don’t have developed mana troops. And my guess is that there is a significant overlap between those who don’t have a high level mana troop and those that don’t have access to top tier event heroes and have to contend themselves with the “just ok” heroes of the month.

4 Likes

They don’t stack. Each HOTM is in a little group of 5. So each one does the same thing but for each colour. All this allows you to do is take 2 HOTM from the same year and spread that link to all. It works especially well in Rainbow where you can have 4 different Elemental links in play.

Nevermind! I was mistaken and must have not had coffee yet! They don’t stack.

After testing several hotm combinations i have to say this nerf is absolutely fine. It is possible to have 4 different links in a 3/2 attack spreading over every hero.

In this case its even 5:

4% managen from Grazul
0,3 Managain from Frosth
4% HoT from Zim
4% attack/5% def from Gravemaker
46% naturedef

It turns an already decent Hero like Frida into a killing machine. Imagine you would get the mangain on every hero propably swapping out Zim and Grave and adding yang mai and Anzogh.

Yeah I got excited at first when I was testing this afternoon.

Still really amazing we can get 4 different elemental links in play though. I’ve had loads of fun testing this afternoon. I’m useless at getting Event 5* but HOTM I’ve missed 2 total since Miki…

1 Like