Malicna, Frosth, Yang Mai, Elradir & Devana nerf

Thanks a lot for the test, @REMEMBER ! My troops are only at level 13, but it’s sure useful for more advanced players to see how this elemental link could help them.

1 Like

Yeah haha I’m a bit disappointed too, now have to use troop 17 for Devana and troop 23 for healer to get them charged lol (lucky I did pick mana node for her)

I didn’t test with Bera/Freya yet but I guess with that very close mana, the healer probably can’t charge if they get 5% mana cut anymore. I will test later tho.

1 Like

Totally agree with you that link is too small… and I agree elradir sucks… but frosth very worth it… and if Yang Mai hits anything like that 3 star yellow season 4… very worth it… and devana seems to me like she would be a necessity against minion teams

Agreed, it also shouldn’t be the norm to have these nerfs take effects months before the family bonuses kick in. I’m 100% sure version 43 (or 44) will be released before the end of the year, so they could definitely wait till then. Hell, they could nerf and buff in the same version release if they wanted to. But they just want to try and have people spend more in the next couple of months…appalling.

4 Likes

this is basically where i am with a lot of the changes in this version. the elemental link changes, the changes to what counts as “nearby,” changing who can resist Lepiota and how and why and the resulting inconsistency, all of which are combined with the pace of new content, the pace of events with heavy item usage, the pace of new heroes. there are still things i find fun about the game, but considering how they’re willing to change what i find fun about the game, it just makes me wonder when they’re going to come for the other things i enjoy about the game.

7 Likes

Why ignore…?
Elemental link and passive can be powerful benefits of a hero.

2 Likes

Ye we know, you love everything SG do…lol
No surprise that you think it’s ok for bringing out heroes and then nerfing them shortly after to be a new accepted norm.!
My opinion is, it’s out of line.
I maxed one Devana, and started maxing another.

So you go to buy a new phone tariff and then one month after they change the tariff, how is this ok?
People spend money on this game, this is not acceptable behavior, they are doing it more and more regular!!

2 Likes

Agree, the elemental links it’s part of the special and they must be in decision when somebody got to ascend a hero, exactly because of the passive I will max the hero of this month.

I have frosth and devana… so using frosth with devana (also have seshat) boost them up quite well on the minion side… what actually is the more micro management is to not let his minion effect kick out the highest charge minions of either. Seshat you have to watch each minions’ clone number. Cannot do that with devana so you just have get the full max and at some point that minion goes away. What SSG should have done is not nerf this effect until the end of the year when family bonus is active. Then nerf so if you were lucky enough to get 2/3 hotm you get a bonus and not make it too much with a smaller effective ele mana boost when you are using with stacking colour team… or like a member noted earlier (I forget the name but I like that members’ solution… take something away give something in return… if you need now each hotm gets something in return, like increase total stats, stronger hit % something that says - I screwed you right now and I am sorry but let me do something to you so you know that I understand that you are unhappy and I want at least a content customer. Business have to do it all the time and I do not like online game services that just put out a blanket multiple country right of play agreement that absolve them of any action they see fit but have no obligation so compensate their customer, with no recourse. Legal yes, scummy definitely

2 Likes

I don’t know if I helper seeker. I still like both devana and frosth and would still level them up. I cannot say for Mal or Yang as I don’t have them

Thank you for your comments. I am glad if there are players - 100-1.000 - 100.000 - not affected about this change. As I’ve said before though, it very much depends on the individual roster. I don’t have other minion heroes except Buddy and Frosty, so Frosth’s minions special would not help me very much. Devana I already said I consider still to be a worth to max hero.

It’s impossible for me (and quite likely for SG as well) to have a quantitative analysis of how important the elemental link was for players to max these heroes, but considering the forum, as far as I remember more than half of the entries talked about the importance of the elemental link as an important reason to max them. That has influenced people’s opinion to pull for them and max them, including me. Now I feel that I lost time and money regarding this particular situation.

PS I think I have already said everything I could have said on this topic so I will try to only comment anymore on technical info regarding how much they charge atm

1 Like

Thanks Seeker. I am always impressed with people in this game with good qualitative analysis with pro/cons and nerfing reductions/enhancements to give some of us players some good thoughtful ideas if things are good/not-so-good to make up some of our decisions. So thank all the players on the work whether farming help, raid formation counters or in this case detriments make heroes not as effective/small change etc… I just wanted to be said that I appreciate all, the assistance

3 Likes

I’m disappointed with this change as it means it now takes a lv 11 mana troop to charge an average hero in 1 turn. When I tested pre-nerf, even a lv 1 troop was sufficient.

1 Like

I am not saying they cannot be useful. I was talking elemental link only.

I am saying I decide based on the other aspects of the hero.

Example Frosth I levelled to be a minion booster.

Sure in some mono blue teams I use for mana boost but that’s not why I levelled him.

1 Like

Could you please share your calculations for me and the ones not very familiar with the mana bonuses?

I didn’t do a calculation. Just took teams giving Devana/Malicna a lv 23 mana troop and filling in the rest.

I tried the yellow one first and it took 1 turn to charge Norns/D’Andre with a lv 11 mana troop after Devana fired in 9 tiles. Neith and Inari charged in the second turn (during which I did not fire any specials so as to see only Devana’s elemental link in action).

I repeated this in purple giving Malicna a lv 23 troop and Proteus/Domitia a lv 5 mana troop. It still took two turns to charge Proteus and Domitia.

Thus, I concluded that a lv 11 troop is needed for average heroes to charge in 1 turn after this elemental link is fired.

This is disappointing because I had a plan for a mana boosting Average speed mono yellow team with Devana-Inari-Neith-D’Andre-Onatel. Now however, of I want Devana to charge all of them, I need to focus on getting two more mana troops from lv 1 to lv 11 instead of focusing on a second lv 23 troop.

2 Likes

Thanks for the experiments. These sound like ok numbers even so, from my point of view.

Hust that in order to get to these levels with the mana troops you need to have played probably for 1.5-2 years… So I just need to wait 8-12 months (whatever the meta will be then :stuck_out_tongue:) and I will be able to use as I was using them now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I use him not only for the minion boost in a minion based team but for the elemental link on a mono team as well, and this is bullsh!t . They buff the pay wall heroes and nurf HoTms. Greedy, they’ll probably nurf them down so they’re not usable:/

My event team
Ariel Frosth Miki Vela Jott

First 3 for the Mana boost, vela and jott for tile damage, what ever the event, my goal isn’t top 10 or 100 but to get a good score WITHOUT items

Seeker, what is really sad and absurd is that you and others can’t accept that not everyone shares your opinion. And before you get all excited wait until things have changed. Most of those changes are minute (and please don’t start on the Telly/Vela saga now). Wait and see and take a chill pill.

Minus? This is a huge nerf. Basically it renders the element link completely irrelevant…
This link was mostly usefull to charge average (for those who don’t have mana 23 troops) and slow heroes after it was casted. Now it’s useless because you will most likely find the 3-match tiles you need to charge them up before the end of the 4 turns.

4 Likes