Malicna, Frosth, Yang Mai, Elradir & Devana nerf

Elradir is well worthy of Tonics as for me his elemental link isn’t all that handy anyway (I use a fast green team) but his reflect has become increasingly fun

2 Likes

He’s fun in the same way I find Yang Mai fun - but for my limited roster he’s not the best choice. He conflicts too much with Francine, who is a key member of my Green squad.

Glad he works wel for you though!

1 Like

This is quite bad news as I ascend Malicna to max no more than 2 weeks ago. I was really only going to use her because of her link in mono team and know is total garbage. Dont get me wrong. She is not a worthless heroe, but my decision was based purely in the elemental link.

Tabards gone to the bin.

5 Likes

Weirdly I brought him in for the Elemental link. But then over time I realised it wasn’t really making a massive difference but everytime he faced anyone with DoT he was incredibly good.

So he works really well…but not like how I thought he would.

Always like it when you get a surprise from a hero

They’re OP, so let’s nerf them and give costumes for weak heroes like Gravemaker, Seshat, Master Lepus…

16 Likes

Bad news… The nerf made it to the final version of 42 build.

2 Likes

Yes and I didn’t see any comment in beta supporting this nerf :pensive: right time to quit.

6 Likes

I haven’t seen any supporting feedbacks about it either

4 Likes

Do you know what the 2021 HOTM family bonus is yet? It might be linked to this maybe?

We don’t know it was not tested in Beta.
We have just seen a countdown until 01/01/2022, when it will be revealed.

Thank you @PlayForFun for keep us updated with everything. The work t you’re doing o keep everything transparent and people up to date is helpful for so many players.

Pity that S&G did not offer any kind of explanation about the reasons for this nerf and did not clarify what “reduced slightly” means…

4 Likes

I have a total of five HOTM:

Seshat
Reuben 3.70 :rofl:
Malicna
Frosth
Chakko

This nerf affects 40% of my HOTM. :rofl: I also got Alby from HA10. Both he and Seshat are getting costumes…

I’ve never been more glad to be a super low spender since day one. Seshat, Reuben, Malicna, and Frosth were all summoned with free EHTs.* Chakko was a free challenge coins pull.*

I do feel for anyone who spent $$$ to chase any of these HOTM. And especially for anyone who used aethers on any of these HOTM. For anyone not aware, I was strongly against LB from the first day I read about them…

Anyway, at least I took a few days to max Malicna and Frosth, so I’ve enjoyed them at their peak since March/April. :wink: I’ve no regrets maxing either hero.

*free from monetary cost, not free in time

14 Likes

I totally agree with you. In the last year, the only non S1 heroes I received (apart from Kunchen in HA) are:

• Francine (has a costume now)
  • Sir Roostley (will get a costume next easter for sure)
  • Malicna (nerfed)
  • Frosth (nerfed)
  • Devana (nerfed)
  • Alexandrine (pretty sure she’ll be nerfed in the near future)

And most of these heroes (with the exception of Francine and Alexandrine maybe) are decent at best, but absolutely not OP. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to nerf them. I mean, what is the point of this game anymore if every single non-S01 hero I get and max in order to keep up with the S03, S04 and challenge event heroes (of whom I have exactly 0), gets shafted. I guess I should just be glad that I didn’t spend more than $20 in over 2.5 years. That’s about what this game is worth to me.

Edit: and this is after they royally messed up Vela, one of the few other non-S01 heroes I have and who was considered just barely ok until Telly was released.

8 Likes

Totally, I use Yang Mai, Elradir and Malicna with Grazul, Kingston and Grimble exactly because of element Link, I don’t spend any cent because don’t worth it, but i feel the pain of those who chased this heroes, not mention people spending money chasing Sif and now she will protect only 3 allies on W and M formations… beautiful future huh

7 Likes

i hate this nerf. they should be left as they are. come on, these heroes aren’t OP at all.

giving additional good mana amount is what makes these hotm desireable. why sg nerf them?

8 Likes

He isnt “Zen”, he is just on of the regular players who always stick up for SG is all. Everyone knows there is no good reason to nerf these heroes, and no reason to buff the ones they just did. Just like the lack of communication from SG is bull, along with 95% of the decisions they make, especially lately.

4 Likes

What it’s balance for you guys? For me it’s take something give something, so SG take something from this heroes gut they forgot to give them something, for malicna they can make the second and the third alternative to be useful and not comical, yang may must hit much harder or to give his first % chance for additional hit, elradir reflection must be and on nearby, frost some small HOT, devana it’s ok in this form. Take frome without give it’s just nerf, and the bad thing is that they do it again after they have sold this heroes.

6 Likes

They take something from these heroes and give something to new heroes they are creating and that you’ll have to pull for :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

I have all of the HOTM affected by this change, and have maxed all except Elradir. I think the only one I wouldn’t have done without the elemental link was Yang Mai, but Malicna will almost certainly see less play from now on. Devana is good enough without it and I tend to use Frosth to fill in rainbow farming teams etc in place of Noor (e.g. against blue heavy opposition) so his link isn’t used much. Elradir will probably go up anyway although he may move back in the queue.

Off the top of my head I can think of only two reasons why they might have thought this was a good idea: (1) the family bonus on top of the full mana boost would make them too powerful (well, I didn’t say it was a good idea myself, just that they might!), (2) the mana cut effect from Bera & co rendered those heroes weaker than intended, so they will now only be able to mitigate it rather than completely nullify it. It really would be helpful if they would explain - perhaps they will with the release notes.

2 Likes

Lol never again, they really don’t deserve any support.

4 Likes