Malicna – 5* Dark/ Purple - March 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

I wish i had Alfrike, then i could do a really nice team setup with Malicna. I thought of using Alfrike - Malicna - Seshat - Ariel - Misandra. Its all about the mana generation. Well, Alfrike has to be featured in the Valhalla portal someday so i will try my luck.

2 Likes

My current purple team is Kunchen, Zulag, Domitia, Khiona and Clarissa, now I have 6 tabards and Sartana and Malicna at 3-70, who deserves the items first, Malicna or Sartana? I’m using Malicna in the Zulag’s place, and the elemental link of them it’s awesome, but when Malicna fires the 2nd or 3nd alternatives, she gives a huge doubt in my mind, I always leave Kunchen loaded for guarantee if the Malicna’s 1st alternative don’t work… thoughts please

1000% Malicna.

My Sartana has been benched for months and months - she only comes out to play for class trials. Otherwise she is super underwhelming and will contribute little to a fight.

Malicna is great without any of the alternatives - that elemental link as you have seen is the best in the game. Alternative 1 can win a game on its own - and the others are still OK little bonuses that will still impact you positively, whether to dispel an enemy buff, or to survive a snipe. If you have a secondary defense down you can use them smartly to maximise the effectiveness of the specials

7 Likes

True, I use Kunchen only if Malicna fire the 2nd or 3th alternatives, but you’re right, her elemental link is very useful, I think I’ll give my tabards for her instead Sartana, my doubt it’s because I don’t have heavy punishers in my purple team, but thanks for replying, let’s max her lol

As a bonus to you I’ll share that I use her as tank (+4 emblems) and maintain around 2600 cups. People often underestimate her I think.

I have also run her as war tank 3 times I think and she has had multiple bounces in at least 2 of those wars. She has done better than my max emblemed Dr Moreau as tank…

Do you have any other 3 hitters you could use in the team? Kunchen followed by her followed by a 3rd hitter would likely get you close to 3 dead opponents

4 Likes

Hmmm… interesting, never thought in her as tank, I have a lot of cleric emblems, I can try it. And my only 3 hitters are Domitia, Khiona and Clarissa, they do a great fight together, I use Zulag and Kunchen to keep they alive

If you run purple in wars… I think most people would think she is not too tough and will not bring a heavy yellow stack. She will therefore fire once most times, sometimes 2… if you get a bad board or her alternative 1 goes off thats probably a win for the defense right there. The other alternatives can still muddle up the attacker’s plans a bit too.

1 Like

Hope this work for me lol, I’m using Kingston, Neith, Kunchen, C. Richard and Marjana, if Malicna fire the 1st alternative, then will be cool someone receiving the kisses from my other heroes

I second @Homaclese.

For me, it’s easily Malicna IMHO @Rafa_Correia03. I’m currently levelling Malicna, and have two costume Sartanas maxed.

1 Like

I was waiting Sartana for a long time, but now it’s seems she will wait for me lol…I hope Malicna do a strike with new formations also, she can hit everyone

It sounds like you got Sartana too late. :sweat_smile:

No offence to Sartana :sweat_smile:, but I strongly suspect she would feel like a big downgrade to your Clarissa. Also, both Clarissa’s and Sartana’s poison could clash.

To be clear, I still use and appreciate Sartana. A key thing is that I have her costume. Plus lots of emblems, troops, and Guardian Panther too.

None of those are easy to obtain. Except for emblems, but it depends on the player. :sweat_smile:

Back to Malinca, you appreciate her elemental link. :slightly_smiling_face: For me, there is doubt.

BUT since you have six tabards, and if you plan to summon soonish, I suggest holding off final ascension until you’ve done the summons. I know odds are low but I’ve been very lucky recently, and holding off has somehow worked out for me.

1 Like

Totally agree, I’m lucky with Liannas, I have 5, but only now I got Sartana

I think my luck with purple heroes is over now lol, in one week I got Kunchen on academy, 2 days after this I got Sartana on TC20, then more 3 days I got Malicna on Springvale portal, so I think if they will give some 5* probably will be a Horgargh!! Hehehe…

1 Like

I literally got a dupe Horghall from a single pull last Grimforest. :rofl:

You’re probably right about your purple luck finished for now. It’d be hard to get a better 5* purple. Maybe you need to max Malicna to get your next dark 5* sooner. :wink:

1 Like

And talking about this tree, guess who i just got from academy…next time we’ll talk about Seshat or Finley, who knows the gods of Empires will be watching our talking again🤭

1 Like

Clarissa’s generation of HOTM disagrees heavily. Defense against special skills is the best one IMO.

To me, Clarissa is the disappointing one. She’s no gravemaker, that’s for sure!

Malinca on offense, great comeback vs. strong defense. shows you why the recent HotM (Malicna, Bertila) are quite good.

Since i started to use Malicna on offense my rainbow offense winrate has increased alot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gxux4WNcw4r

2 Likes

Wow the more i read this thread the more I’m thinking about leveling her, at least to 3/70… In the future when i have feeders ofc :rofl:

I hope you get Elizabeth soon

1 Like

Thanks @Tidyup! :smile:

I’d be happy with any S4 5*, just gotta appreciate what I’ve already managed to get. I’m vc2p, only spend small amounts occasionally.

My Malicna is currently past 4.70. Almost finished levelling.

3 Likes