Make 3 stars relevant

Thatā€™s the point I am making. I have about 40 total 4 and 5 star maxed. The 4s cannot compete with fully emblemed 5s unless there is a very favorable board.

The fact that we get so many 3s and have so few places to use them is what Iā€™m trying to suggest. What additional content could we come up with that would encourage use of the 3s? I personally would very much like to level and be able to use more 3s in something other than farming. The tournaments and tavern is actually very little content for them. And I know everyone wants the ā€œbestā€ 5s but it isnt realistic to expect we will all get them. Additional quests, challenges, raiding, or whatever using only 3s would be fun to play, or at least it would be to me.

1 Like

Arenā€™t challenge events enough?

3* ONLY Wars, now how fun could that be? :grin:

1 Like

3* get plenty of run outs. We have one coming tomorrow and Events and Tournament are why I have about 30 levelled 3*.

They have use and relevance but in a game of power levels a weaker hero will always ultimately come unstuck against a stronger one. So wars I do agree, itā€™s been a long time since I took a 3* to a war but I can honestly say I still take a 3* Hero to the 12* Red Titans as heā€™s my only blue defence down. I just revive scroll him back up and fire him so the real hitters can do some serious work.

No, itā€™s busine$$. :-/

Then change the title of this post. You donā€™t really mean that 4*s arenā€™t relevant. Saying that they are in your topic is a nonstarter for good discourse.

I changed the topic name. However the original intent of the topic was to generate some conversation on how to make more content specifically for 4 and 5 stars. 4 stars cant hang with the top five stars.

And would it really create a detriment to your gaming if there were more content specifically for non-legendary heroes?

Truth be told, they are more relevant than before. You were just fortunate enough not to have played yet in 2017 and 2018. Back then, we donā€™t have raid tourneys. Back then, we were only limited to Pirates, Avalon, Teltoc and Grimforest but Wonderland has made a good addition. Back then, Tavern of Legends was not an event yet. There may be new events where these rare heroes in our roster can be used as often as required. Ninja Tower perhaps?

And here I still use Boldtusk against Telluria. Proteus against almost every top 5* tank.

3 Likes

I only have 1 rainbow team of 5 stars fully leveled and am working on my 2nd. I definitely need my 4 stars. Not to mention how much faster they are to level. My only issue is the limited number of 4ā€™s compared to 5ā€™s. There is so much variety of 5 star heroes and so few 4 starsā€¦I wish that the game would invest more in creating twice the amount of 4 stars in the game.

Another idea to make every hero relevant is to limit the usage of hero in this seasonal event, just like challenge event. Why not limit the easy route with 3*, medium with 4* and hard with 5*? Of course just like the challenge event, you may bring 3* or 4* on hard stages, but you canā€™t bring the 5* in Easy or Medium stages.

4* heroes are definitely relevant, even against 5* teams.

NOTE: I am still very strongly opposed to the idea of 6 star heroes, or ā€œunlimited emblems,ā€ as that would completely destroy ANY semblance of so-called ā€œgame balanceā€ IMO

3* heroes are still useful for at least three things: 3* raid tournaments, rare level challenge events, and lower level titans/Alliance Wars. The goal obviously is to move up to 4* heroes once youā€™re able toā€¦? But 3* heroes are still a solid starting point for new players, I think. You can learn a lot by playing with just 3* heroes for a while that can make you much better prepared to start test driving 4s and 5s, versus a new player who just buys a bunch of 5s right off the bat when they have no clue what theyā€™re doing.

Usually not a good idea to buy a Ferrari or Lamborghini for someone who just recently got their driverā€™s license. If you know what I mean. :wink:

2 Likes

I believe I posted a good solution for 3 and 4 stars :wink:

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/break-the-meta-add-purpose-to-materials-craft-legendary-items-at-the-advance-forge/193816/6

You mean 3 and 4 stars? What content specifically is not for them? Pretty much all content in the game is accessible to 4*s, which is actually why those with deep 5* rosters complain about having nothing to challenge them.

No, they canā€™t. If you join an alliance where everyone has 30+ maxed 5*s and you only have 4*s, then youā€™ll be out of place. But you can do really well with them at an appropriate level. Other than in top tier alliance war, they can get the job done anywhere else in the game.

Youā€™re talking to someone who can count his maxed legendary heroes on one hand and still have fingers leftover. So Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re trying to say here. But yes, it would cause a detriment if the developers were spending more time creating low level content with poor rewards versus something more interesting/challenging and rewarding like Sand Empire has been.

1 Like

I think tavern of legends should rework itself to be more 3* friendly.

Currently the roster mastery restriction is bs especially for newer players.
Maybe something like tournaments.

Might as well add the early stages of Tavern of Legends quest.

3* heroes are usually used in the early stages. But if you are thinking that the Tavern of Legends should be accomplished with the use of only 3* heroes, then you might as well change the quest name to Tavern of Rares. Legendary heroes featured in this event are past HOTMs, not rare heroes most players tend to make them as feeders.

2 Likes

Do you ever play 3 star tourneys? They are at a level that nearly everyone can play. I like going commando; no emblems!! It is the best fun in game imo!

Me too; BT. Falcon, Gormek, Sumitomo and Scarlett. I love it 67% of the time!

2 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Gosh then I would have to level up 4 more teams of 3 stars. I will opt out of that lol

1 Like

I think a lot more people have saved and leveled up 3* now with new S3 and costumes, so I honestly think it could be a really good thing to do.

1 Like