Major issue? Family bonuses should also apply to duplicate legendaries

I agree with Hcmitchellr.

As for some of the negativity above… I only have this to say.

I was using how much it generally takes to get exclusive legendaries, to emphasize my point in why I felt duplicate legendaries should be able to utilize family bonuses.

But interpret it the way you want. I know what I intended. In the end, that’s all that matters. Yes, I won’t deny that I honestly feel heavy spenders aren’t rewarded enough in terms of privileges, but that’s irrelevant to the point I was initially trying to make, thank you just the same…

I think the problem is more that there aren’t enough heroes available per rarity per family. For example, how can you utilize the the bonus with Pixie in a way that makes sense? If they don’t add more heroes, I think dupes should count (at least one).

3 Likes

Putting aside legit advantage or not for spenders, having a bonus only applied when you put in place a unique hero is a commercial tactic to push you chase em all and give less value to your duples.
And as we saw, Small Giant is really uncertain to give duples more value of what they actually have (Hero Academy).

So personally not, i don’t like the idea and i don’t think Small Giant will ever “improve” heroes that way.

1 Like

Well imo, with how ultra rare legendaries are (for anyone to get, ftp or ptp), I honestly don’t see the harm in allowing at least one duplicate of that ultra rare category, to be able to utilize the family bonus…

I disagree. If you were a “major spender” you’d have all of the family heroes.

Allowing duplicates the bonuses minimizes the family bonus value on some of the other heroes.

The events are going to run for years. You don’t need to get them all in the first event they’re out.

2 Likes

The idea of family bonuses is that they can complement each other thus strengthening each other.

Just like making a concrete, you need water, gravel, and cement.

You cannot build a concrete just by using gravel, gravel, and gravel.

Perhaps I should have use battle example of infantry, archer, cavalry, and artillery. Army consisted of just one type is weaker than those consisted of combinations.

2 Likes

Not entirely true. Like anything in life, there’s always exceptions. How well your lineup will perform all depends on how well all the heroes compliment each other. And having duplicate heroes in certain types of line configurations would definitely compliment the entire lineup (depending on the strategy behind it)… Defencively and offencively.

I will highlight this.

For season two heroes, I have all but two heroes of the entire set. I need Tarlak and Atamos (or what ever his name is). But it would have been nice if one was capable of having a defence lineup, for example, consisting of Poseidon, Zimkitha, Ursena, Athena and Poseidon and those three atlantis heroes working as a family of three instead of family of 2. Anyways…

Not to mention that even F2P are clicking on all those Mystic Visions… not sure exactly how much income Z/SG earns from those, but I’m guessing it must be lucrative enough considering how many “bloggers” and Youtubers make a decent living off of advertising revenue alone…

And no, I’m not trying to poke fun at @Enigmalynx at all, I totally agree with the sentiment, especially how you repeatedly point out how frikin’ rare it is to pull legendary heroes, 1000% amens to that! And yeah, right now, Z/SG are basically focused on draining whales like you, which… as I have been saying over and over again on here, is not right. It’s not right for them to take all of your money and give you very little in return, nor is it right to those of us who can’t afford to spend that much, to set up a system that tries to encourage people to spend beyond their means.

Yes, I’m still taking issue with the current lootbox pricing structure of the game, even though I still play and mostly enjoy the game, I have the right to complain and disagree with whatever I want, whenever I want, regardless of how much I spend or don’t spend (and this being their forum, they also have the right to delete my posts at any time).

Caveats:

• nope, not complaining about being “deceived” or “lured” into spending. I believe in personal responsibility, and I am a (mostly) sane, competent adult. Every penny I’ve spent on this game, I did of my own free will; I do not believe I am entitled to any sort of refund.

• yes, I do believe Z/SG have the right to earn money from their product. I don’t endorse the gacha system, or any other similar lootbox / “p2w” MTX model personally, but it is their company, and they can run it however they want (just as I can continue to tell them that I think it sucks and wish they could find a better, “fairer” way to keep the game financed :stuck_out_tongue: )

• no, I don’t think people should expect to get anything for free; I’ll defend F2P players because I don’t believe that success in a video game should be based on a person’s ability to pay, but at the same time I realize the game still has to make money, so those who haven’t spent a dime don’t really have the right to complain about anything

• as someone who has spent a few dimes on the game myself, I believe that I (and others who have spent at least a few dollars) do have every absolute right to complain about anything about the game, because all of us - whether you’ve spent $10 or $10,000 - have all contributed to making this game as successful as it is, and the only way it will continue to be successful is if it continues to make money… that doesn’t mean they have to address every single customer complaint, it doesn’t mean they should just cater to the biggest spenders, but ultimately they should consider the bigger / more common complaints that most of their customers bring up time and time again, at least if they have any interest at all in retaining those customers

• and finally, no… there is nothing “fair” about the game. As much as I do hate RNG, as much as I think a paying customer is “entitled” to get their money’s worth, I do not believe that a high spender should have a significant advantage over a low spender or nonspender.

Now… as to the original thread topic itself… I don’t see any reason why family bonuses shouldn’t apply to duplicate heroes. It’s not like we get to pick which heroes we pull. It is hard enough to get any two 5* heroes as it is… let alone two different 5* that actually work well together.

EDIT: I see based on the poll that I’m in the minority there… ah well. Not like it’s the first time I’ve had an unpopular opinion. :laughing:

1 Like

Firstly, I like to commend you on a well thought out and methodically laid out post.

Nor do I, nor have I ever, felt that a heavy spender should be granted any kind of privilege that would offer a "significant advantage over a low or non spender.

That said however, I always felt that there should be some show of appreciation towards heavy spenders. Such as, for every hundred dollars spent within a short period of time, the drop rates of a legendary could be increased by 0.3 percent or something to that effect.

Not only would it be a show of appreciation towards big spenders. It would more than likely further encourage it. So they have more to gain than lose for offering something as simple as that little show of appreciation of increasing the potential drop rate of a legendary by 0.3 percent (or hell, even 0.1 percent, at least something) for every hundred spent within a fixed period of time. When I say fixed period of time, I mean, for example, every hundred dollars spent within the time frame of an hour. After that time frame, drop rates sets back to default. Something of that nature.

Because in all honesty, and so many agree with me on this. That at the end of the day, no matter how much you spend, you get very little to show for it because of how ridiculously low the drop rates are for a legendary… At times you’re basically spending out hundreds for nothing more than food to feed your already existing heroes, because that’s how difficult it is to get an exclusive legendary at times. Now that’s sad if you ask me.

1 Like

That said however, we’re drawing off topic from what this post was initially about. lol

If you ask me, we shouldn’t be expected to spend “hundreds” in the first place. That’s just crazy.

I know there are a lot of people on here who will defend it, they’ll argue “oh it’s okay, it’s still cheaper than going out to the bar or out to the movies, and I get way more enjoyment out of the game!” Sure. I’ve always said that video games will give you more entertainment per dollar than most other forms of entertainment. But there seems to be this reoccurring fallacy on the forum here that “every” game costs hundreds of dollars a month to play, lootboxes and gacha and microtransactions etc., and that this is just “normal”, “that’s how all the game companies operate,” etc.

What… no. THAT IS NOT AT ALL HOW MOST GAMES OPERATE. Or at least, that’s not at all how they used to operate. Maybe that’s the norm today for modern mobile phone app games? But do not sit there and tell me that’s just the way it is and always was, because it always wasn’t anything close to that. I’ve been playing video games for decades, and IMO, this whole lootbox MTX gacha model is an utter monstrosity that should be completely abolished before it ruins the entire video game industry, in the same way that shortsighted greed has similarly ruined music, movies, television, and countless other forms of entertainment that used to be good “back in my day”. grumble grumble

But I digress.

The last paragraph of my post was actually about the original topic. I happen to think that family bonuses absolutely should apply to duplicates. Twins are family, are they not? Obviously we all know that duplicate special skills don’t stack (that would be way too overpowered if they did), but family bonuses aren’t really OP enough to be game changing anyway.

Most of the voters in the poll above seem to think that family bonuses shouldn’t apply to duplicates, but I’m still siding with you against the majority opinion on this one.

1 Like

If this was to be implemented you could not in fairness limit it to only legendaries, despite the rareness of them and all that.

Until i saw this thread, i thought that you just needed a hero within the same family to get the extra bonuses. I guess i never really checked too much into it. But with that new knowledge, i’m just wondering, are there any situations where having 5 heroes in the same family is a better choice? I mean, lets take Sakura family. There are 3 five star heroes there (Inari, Kageburado and Mitsuko). Is there any benefit of using some of the 4 star heroes (Ameonna, Danzaburo, Sumitomo), or 3 star heroes (Chochin, Namahage) in combination with the 5 star heroes, instead of using other 5 star heroes that arent in the same family? Having five heroes in the Sakura family gives 12% mana bonus (and 3 heroes gives 4%), but will that give a better result than using other 5 star heroes that have more attack power, protection and/or health?

Huge discussion here for that minor thing. Imo an almost not recognizable bonus, that wouldn’t harm any balance.

Family bonus there for a reason as they family. Not a dodgy twin plus They want you to collect all family members. I get your point but nah!

1 Like