Mai's Guide to Efficient Farming – List of best lvls to farm monster, different resources, wanted missions and XP

Not at all, not saying not do to either. I was just trying to explain, clearly failed, that the local analysis won’t help figuring out the “general laws”. You would have to do to one by one, but if you figure the math behind it, you might figure all lvls at once.

As I said a few times, English is my second language and my vocabulary and ways to express myself is limited, if I sound hash or too critical, it is mostly a loss in translation then actually me being mean. If anything I was trying to share my logic so maybe you could take advantage of it, and warning not to be mislead by some good odds and suddenly declare that’s gotta be the best lvl to do so.

If you tell me what lvls you looking into, I can send you my printscreens of it (if they have the info you seek) and help you out by increasing your data pool. :slightly_smiling_face:

Clearly gotta use some more smiles around so people don’t get mislead by my poor choice of words. :smiley: now that sounded ironic, damn you English.

5 Likes

The screenshots I got here:

8-7 LVL

SWORD	BACKPACK	RECRUITS	HEROES
1	1		8		0
1	1		8		0
0	0		9		1
1	0		8		0
2	1		10		0
1	0		8		0
0	0		9		0
0	1		10		1
3 Likes

Yeah, but I’m taking baby steps as figuring out everything is likely going to be a long time horizon project.

I’ll take whatever you have to try to improve the data, the only thing for 8-7 that gets tracked in addition to what you posted is troops and total item count (might be useful later), the basic things I’m tracking to input in general into the database are:

I think I have all the rare farmable ascension items in there, not tracking the base ones like sharpening stones as I have a dumb amount of those already under 2 weeks played

Edit: that’s hard to read
Level
Sword
Backpack
Chainmail
Battle Manual
Tall Boots
Scabbard
Heroes
Troops
Total Items
Recruits

I can go create a Google Drive folder or similar if you just want to upload screenshots, or if you’re parsing them into some other spreadsheet or similar I don’t mind inputting that every so often.

Likewise if I can wrap my head around what you’re tracking I’ll try to get some data around that too haha. Thanks!

3 Likes

Just checking in to see if 8-7 still seems to be the go-to level for things to help level your characters? Also, if my Stronghold is level 12, is three the maximum training camps I can have? I have one of them training “Advanced” troops so one every day or so, and the other two doing Uncommon currently but man my troops seem to be going up real slow (none have been maxed since my post about a month ago (currently on Province but only do one or two levels a day, rest of the energy goes on 8-7):

3 Likes

Although provinces 3 and 4 have increased change to drop adventurer’s kit and practice swords, 8-7 drops a lot more loot than the best lvls of those two provinces. Not to mention the better exp and better amounts of recruits. If your goal is farming items for training in the training camp I strongly suggest 8-7. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just to add to Mai’s response, 8-7 is the best level for farming recruits, which is obviously the main thing you need to level your characters. But remember you’ll also need a fair amount of chain shirts, scabbards, and tall boots, which don’t start dropping until province 12. You don’t want to be in a position where you’ve got heroes to train with but you’re capped waiting for Ascension materials.

For those Ascension items, I farm 13-6 (the last 4-wave stage that costs 4 energy). I used to split my time fairly evenly between 8-7 and 13-6. Now that I have 15+ spare copies of each item, I mostly just do 8-7 again.

Also, you are correct that you only should have three training camps at stronghold level 12. You don’t get your fourth camp until stronghold level 20.

5 Likes

Traevon, suggestion: try out 12-9. Better exp, better number of recruits and more items, same 4 cost.

lvl		Energy	XP		Food		Iron		Recruit	Item
12-9		4	1387	2402		5436		9		18
13-6		4	1290	2651-2693	5461-5693	5-7		14
4 Likes

Well I’ll be.

I guess I just assumed that a level with more waves of more, higher-level enemies would give more experience and items… :roll_eyes:

I swear, so many design decisions in this game just make absolutely zero sense.

Thanks for all the work you put in to figure out what’s actually going on, Mai!

5 Likes

Ikr??? And it’s not a hiccup either. Check the list and look the first column the exp per energy is completely drunk, heheh

5 Likes

That’s it, my list is completely filled, yay! I’m currently traveling so can’t make a graph, but if someone else would like to do one, go ahead! Heh :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for all this info. I have used this info so much and it all really has helped me to level n ascend heros n get battle items. It’s been so much of a great help i copied and pasted it in my notebook. I have also shared it with my alliance members, even out in GC. I just wanted to thank you mai. Hugs Skunky

1 Like

Thanks so much for the monster effort that went into this!

Only one question: Why not include which levels drop troops? I was specifically looking for them. Thanks!

2 Likes

All levels have a chance to drop troops just like heroes

3 Likes

Darn. Was hoping certain levels were more Troop heavy than others (kinda like 8-7 for certain goodies).

Thanks again.

Hi. New player here. Would you be so kind and confirm the best maps to farm metal ores? Thx in advance.

1 Like

The best province is 15, inside 15 the best levels are 7 and 9.

3 Likes

Various zones where the runs >30, sample size isn’t enough to really be certain. Count is number of runs which is a measurement of the quality of the data. Everything per energy, this is strictly for hero levelling efficiency… ascension item drop rate is too rare with this quantity of runs to make even absurd claims about it. Likewise heroes are similar but including it anyway for the result set: to illustrate, can see the skew in the 7-4 runs that were contributed as there was a hero parade through part of the data… sample size problems, don’t run this zone for heroes just saying you will likely be disappointed with your overall efficiency.

Too much 8-7 as I’m stuck leveling my own heroes and not willing to sacrifice effiiciency in the name of science but I’ll start fleshing out others once I hit ascension walls probably next week and @Rook has been been awesome at helping contribute data for some of the less common zones.

3 Likes

By the looks of it, basically you showing the probability is the same for all lvls.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m starting to reach as a conclusion; however, the one I think may be an outlier in that is 5-8 on backpacks. I suppose at some point I should just run a query without dividing through by the map energy and at that point it probably becomes obvious with better data.

Ideally I get a bunch more runs in 5-8 to determine the true backpack rate and see if the “increased drop rate” makes any sort of difference though given the difference in items dropped it may be a wash with 8-7. Likewise 12-9 vs. say 16-9 for chain mail (will take a lot of runs) and 12-9 vs. 12-5 for any sort of ascension loot to compare special vs. normal inside a province.

That’s the goal at this point anyway, realistically though recruits are so key and they can be “stored” anyway for power leveling phases, that 8-7 is hard to pass up unless you need ascension items long term.

1 Like

Like you said, it’s a bit higher, but that’s just a positive error or the little increase of that providence.