Mai's Guide to Efficient Farming – List of best lvls to farm monster, different resources, wanted missions and XP

Hi All,

I’ve scanned the thread but can’t find my ideal zone for hero-drops.

I’m trying to auto-play all day, and collect heroes to feed my lovely Morgan Le Fay.

Anybody know which zone is most likely to drop heroes? Especially 2-star heroes?

Thanks!

3 energy zones in season 1 are best. Levels like S1-8-7, S1-6-8, S1-5-8. If you’re not desperate for recruits 5-8 might be best because of the higher backpack drop rate. You can make 2* feeders with backpacks and TC2

2 Likes

Thanks mate - very helpful. Sounds like all zones have the same (or perhaps scaling) likelihood of dropping heroes. I’ll go with 5-8 and see how it treats me.

I grind soooooooo much in 4 and 5 for practice swords and adventurer’s kits. Also midnight root in 5. I get more practice swords in 4.

1 Like

So what’s the best ratio XP per We??? On season 2.?

Check Barry farmz guide on this forum. It supersedes Mai’s guide.

1 Like

Respect on that work! So helpful

2 Likes

I’m actually slowly updating it. And yes, I am aware there’s another updated and expanded guide, but I like figuring things for myself. Waste of time and effort? Probably (who am I kidding, definitely), but what can I say, I like filling stuff and peeking at the game’s innards.

That being said, I’m in no way competing with the other guide or trying to. It is only a personal project, and if I notice it becomes an issue or drama in anyway, I’ll make it private.

So please just ignore me as I waste my time. :sweat_smile:

19 Likes

Welcome back. It never hurts to have more data. I really like the simplicity of your spreadsheet which is why I still refer to it sometimes. Btw, Season 3 is coming out this week. So I guess you will have your hands full for a while. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I am aware, and where the impression of “competition” worries me. I guess I’ll take my time with season 2.

7 Likes

Glad to see you back here and thinking about farming! If there is anything I can do to help, just give me a shout.

12 Likes

Welcome back. I have used your farming template extensively. Thank you

5 Likes

Welcome back :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The biggest problem I guess is data are not correct anymore: I’ve just ran several times 8-7, and I’ve got like 5 items instead of 17-20 which is totally out of proportions - which means the loot was probably revamped, and it’s possible half of data you have from previous tests can be trashed.

2 Likes

I think you miss understood what items means. Items is the chest icon in the top of the screen when you are fighting monsters. It’s the sum of recruits + materials. Maybe Barry knows by now, but I’m not sure if the code rolls these two separately or in the same “slot”. But since the game DOES add them together in the middle of the lvl, I decided long ago to keep it that way. (Also I makes easier for me, since I don’t have to count materials.)

2 Likes

I tried to figure exactly what was counted there a year ago or more and found myself confused, and got distracted.

My sheet tracks all items, recruits, heroes, and troops separately. I’ve found that for a given level, recruits are a fixed number +/-1, and so are total crafting mats and total ascension mats, although those vary by province, not by level. Which specific mats you find are RNG based, and the odds vary a bit by province.

Since that total number of items reported isn’t on the final loot screen, my dataset doesn’t have it, and I never tried to decode it properly.

5 Likes

The number of loot refers to the following number:

Which is basically the sum total of the individual loots + the number of recruits (6+9 = 15, in this case).

5 Likes

Thank you Barry and thank you Mai! You are both great! I appreciate the info you have shared, it has helped immensely.

3 Likes

I just realized it was using comma instead of point for decimals. Just 3 years using the sheet in Portuguese, haha. It’s showing in English now. Phew

If you notice some other mistake I appreciate the heads up.

3 Likes

Merci pour l’info, je vais tester et si ça marche vraiment tu auras répondu à une question que je me pose depuis un bon moment :wink: