šŸ† Maheeganā€“ 4* Fire / Red from Plain Hunters

New Plain Hunter Hero is released: Maheegan

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Maheegan, as well as your thoughts on Maheegan.

Maheegan

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:fire:
Fire/Red
Monk
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 713 731 1410
4/80 827 848 1635
Origin Family
Covenant of Champions Plain Hunter
Image Aether Power Description
fiend-resist Fiend Resist At the start of each battle, this Hero is immune to new Fiends for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Status effect on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they give a Hunterā€™s Mark on a random enemy. The target receives 150 damage over 3 turns. If a target already has this effect, the duration will be refreshed and the damage will be increased with 150, up to 1500 damage in total.
:hourglass: Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction
This character has a 10% chance to drop the direct damage received from Special Skills to 1.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Claws of the Hunter
  • Deals 280% damage to the target and minor damage to nearby enemies.
  • Summons a Bone Trap Fiend for the target and nearby enemies. The Fiend damages the enemy with 45% attack each turn. The damage increases by 8% each turn, up to a maximum of 93%.
  • The Bone Trap Fiend absorbs healing and disappears when it has absorbed health equal to 35% of its ownerā€™s max health.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Plain Hunter family
Bonus for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

+5% / +10% / +15% / +20% attack

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

The damage reducer passive is reworded, but the effect is the same.

Beta Information: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Covenant of Champions Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Maheegan ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Maheegan.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Maheegan and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Maheegan worth summoning for?

• Would you use Maheegan on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Maheegan ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Maheegan as an opponent?

• Would you give Maheegan Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Maheeganā€™s character design?

• If you Summoned Maheegan and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Maheegan, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Maheegan when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Maheegan, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Maheegan (or how many Summons youā€™ve done without receiving Maheegan), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If youā€™ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If youā€™d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Maheegan (post release)

:question: Is Maheegan worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if youā€™re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Maheegan would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isnā€™t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Maheeganā€™s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Fiend Summoner

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Maheegan compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Maheeganā€™s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Maheeganā€™s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Maheegan worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you donā€™t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if youā€™re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I donā€™t think so.
  • Noā€¦ Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Maheegan is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Maheegan is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Maheegan worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Maheegan then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

No one who is excited of him?
He was the best I got from the portalā€¦ I think he seems pretty nice, especially since the passive do some extra damage.

4 Likes

I too would like to see his stats maxed with emblems and lb :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Few got him yet, I guess

Iā€™ve got 2 of him, leveling one now, I will post what I think about him after I max him out

5 Likes

He is like upgrade version of LemminkƤinen who apply fiend instead of fire DoT :smile:.

I pulled him but not too excited. I think they shouldve made it 280% damage to target AND nearby enemies instead of minor damage to nearby enemies. Just my opinion as i have Cillian who does this damage already.

I got one of mine leveled, used him several times, combined with a mana troop his friends are pretty vicious for nine tile hitter, he should be a good one for raid tournaments

Iā€™m finishing Asterius and Maheegan will be my next project. Iā€™m also thinking he would be great for tournaments

Cillianā€™s base speed is 11 tiles which makes it pretty hard to get to 9 tiles from mana bonuses like you would with Maheegan. Yeah youā€™ll get there after some stacks but that takes some time. So Iā€™d say Cillian should do more damage but you are also ignoring the fiend damage and the hunters mark. 150 damage to a random target from the mark. The fiends will do increasing damage as their attack builds and will absorb 35% healing which is the equivalent of a fair bit of damage in the end. Obviously immediate direct damage is more valuable than random dot damage, the fiend damage over time or the absorbing healing but there is still a lot of value in those and overall his kit looks very strong to me in-spite of not being a huge fan of the damage + minor damage to nearby targets.

Granted Iā€™m pretty much F2P at this point and would be leveling him up either way but I am excited about having gotten him and look forward to leveling him.

3 Likes

Bump. Any new info? Should I level her? How do like using her?

Typical my luckā€¦ I just got a second one of this pile of garbage, by far the worst of all the Monster Huntersā€¦
I want the 3star heroes! Those are amazing. But no luckā€¦

I leveled and emblemed this hero. Not aethers enough for limit break

Not the best but it was very useful in the last 4* bloody battle.

My attack team was Maheegan, G Falcon, Cillian, Xiahou and Sonya

This team took me to 23-2. It was a nice combo

2 Likes

Good stats , good sinergy with Jean Francois

2 Likes

Not a bad team, but I would argue Maheegan is the weak link, Gormek would be way better, the damage increase through DD would be higher than some fiends, but lets say they are about equal. Add the fact that bloody battle is the one niche where there is a resemblance of justification for using him. How many 4star bloody battles are there every year (that donĀ“t exclude red)? I would guess maybe 1 or 2? Nope sorry, I donĀ“t see it. I donĀ“t upgrade a hero, that is not much worse than other heroes I have for 2 occasions a yearā€¦
And now I chose a cheap option that everybody has for comparison. Other heroes would certainly be better than Gormek.

In summary you have an average speed hero (which is not great in 4s world without mana troops to start with) that has a weak hit and minor nearby and the only additional thing are some fiends that donĀ“t do anything besides some DOT.
ThereĀ“s just nothing there to make him special.

I am not saying he is the worst hero in the game, he is the worst of all the monster hunter heroes, overall he is rather average quality hero, but nothing worth upgrading after you have 4 or 5 red 4star heroes in your roster. Would I upgrade him if he was my only red 4s hero? Absolutely! But that is not the case.

I completely agree with you. As you said Iā€™m just showed that in my team he has performed well and that his minions are annoying enough.

Also he was on my defense team that has kicked asses the last 4* tournaments thanks to synergy with Aoudhan

Certainly comparing to the other Hunters I agree heā€™s not the best (itā€™s the most common) and I agree that Gormek could have performed well (if aĆ­ had him)

How does he have good synergy with JF?

1 Like

Tournament that starts dec 5 is a 4* no-blue bloody battle tournament, so I assume he will be very good in that as a fiend maker since there will be no way to get rid of them.

I thought JF was Jean Francoisā€¦

1 Like