Magic or Styx troops

• Magic troop
  • Styx troops

0 voters

2 Likes

Hard to say until I get a styx troop and use it. Stats don’t always tell the whole story and I’m sure a lot of it will be situational. I’ll come back once I’ve tested and let you know my final opinion

Game well :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I want to know too… I’m most likely going to pair a 20% mana onto xnolphod… So for him… I think magic is the way to go.

Aren’t the stickmen supposed to come with 20% mana aswell?

3 Likes

In my opinion magic are better for healers/support heroes and styx are better for hitters.

But if I had to choose 1 I would go for styx because of erliear mana upgrades.

3 Likes

For newer players I would say Styx is the best troop available: “Only” needs levels 27 for full mana boost. Saving 2 levels compared to the Magic troops, all that ham/feeders can go into a second troop and speed up the way to multiple maxed mana boosting troops by a LOT.
For people that already have various maxed mana/magic troops it´s probably not a big deal. Then again, those people also have the resources to max another one or 3 troops just for the sake of it.

1 Like

Poll already exists

2 Likes

Depends on who you want the troop to be paired with. Magic for support heroes while Styx for attacking heroes imo

would be nice if we could get Mana and crit bonuses in one troop

Be careful what you wish for. :rofl:

1 Like

Depending on whom you are going to put in
Magic has more attack
Styx has extra bypass

So I’d suggest on rangers maybe better having Styx
But generally in most cases it’s better having extra attack than bypass

2 Likes

Edited

Interesting I didn’t know they have different mana leveling
5% together
8% together
11% magic first
14% cyclops first
17% together

2 Likes

I think the next one would be
Mana, Health, Attack and Defense

1 Like

You can also get to 20% mana with six at 27… Which is a ton of feeders you don’t have to use to get to 29

1 Like

My mistake redited many times lol

Still attack and defense is higher

The main reason pro Styx is it maxes the 20% mana boost out at lvl 27, while the magic troop has to go all the way to lvl 29 to reach that point. That´s a lot of food and feeders that can instead be spent on upgrading a second troop.
For whales that´s not an issue, and I think in that case I would prefer the magic troop myself in most cases, but since I am very far from having 3 (or even 1) troop maxed, economy is a major consideration.

2 Likes

This is quite a strong argument. At first I was more inclined to say that mana troops are a bit better than styx troops but actually the difference between lvl 29 and 27 can make a difference.

I’m finding it harder and harder to decide which tower to choose for the troops draw :rofl:

Legendary Troops?
Perfect :+1:

More then 1y ago?

20 chars