đŸ•” Mack – S4 Hero – 4* Fire/ Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Mack!

:bar_chart: Stats

Mack

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:fire:
Fire/Red
Fighter
A
Average
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 701 745 1355
4/80 813 864 1571
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Increased Buff Duration – Duration of the first 3 buffs this hero receives from Special Skills are increased by 1 turn.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Hafling’s Wit
  • The caster and nearby allies counterattack with 125% of the damage received for 4 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +25% attack for 4 turns.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% / 45% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 35 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Mack from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Info: đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Mack?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Mack.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Mack and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Mack worth summoning for?

• Would you use Mack on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Mack?

• What heroes would you take when facing Mack as an opponent?

• Would you give Mack Fighter Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Mack’s special?

• What do you think of Mack’s character design?

• If you Summoned Mack and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Mack and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Mack when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Mack, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Mack (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Mack), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 4 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Underwild Epic Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 4 Underwild Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 4 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 13.7% chance of summoning Mack.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 36 times out of 100, you’ll get Mack by pull 30
  • 59 times out of 100, you’ll get Mack by pull 60
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Mack by pull 203
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Mack by pull 314

Putting that in Perspective

• 64 out of every 100 people won’t get Mack by the 30th pull.

• If 1 Million players each summoned 30 times, 640,000 of those players wouldn’t get Mack.

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Mack by the 203rd pull.

• If 1 Million players each summoned 203 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Mack.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Mack (post release)

:question: Is Mack worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Mack would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

:question: What do you think Mack’s Primary Purpose is?

• Counterattacker
  • Attack Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Mack compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Mack’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Mack worth giving Fighter Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Mack is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Mack will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

I got Mack today and I particularly like his artwork.

Unfortunately, I have so many fighters that he’ll struggle to get emblems and this makes him unable to fulfill his tank role.

It’s a real shame that, like Shadereave, interesting defensive characters just stay on the bench because they are too niche to get emblems.

13 Likes

Of course I get 2 of this guy, he will be benched for a long time.

I thought the beta information stated that he counterattacks for 135%. Why is it adjusted back to 125%?

I’ll be putting him next to Brynhild during 4* buff booster tournaments. Fire her first, then him, five undispellable buffs for four turns.

This guy is going to be a real pain during certain tournaments.

Love his finger point
 ayyyyye!

4 Likes

Probably a much better counterattacking 4 star than cyprian and boril.
Will surely level him up for the fun of it.

For those who wonder about his passive “buff ability”

• 1st time he fires: riposte and attack 5 rounds
  • 2nd time he fires: riposte for 5 and attack for 4 rounds

So, like it should be: the order of the specials decide which one gets the +1 turn

4 Likes

Didn’t notice his passive ability, now I’m definitely leveling him in the future :+1:t3:

My card says only 90% counterattack.

Your card is only at 1/8 special skill.

8 Likes

I was desperately hoping this guy would be anything but fighter class. I think he’d be awesome emblemed in v fast and buff booster tourneys, but there are so many awesome 5 star fighters is going to be almost impossible to find emblems for him.

1 Like

Any advice on the emblem path? Od course it will be the defensive one, but I wonder which one to prioritize - defense or health? With defense path he would have roughly 830 def & 1350 HP and with the health one he would have almost 800 def and 1430 HP. Normally I’d go with the def path, but he is a riposter so less def should mean more damage. I haven’t used any of the riposters yet so I’d be happy with any advice.

1 Like

Health for more damage, defence for more survivability

Yes, but have you found him to work better with higher survivability or higher damagel?

1 Like

I believe in offensive strategies so even for my riposte I want to counter with the most damage as possible. So it will be health for me

1 Like

Is he worth levelling? Or is he more of the same as Cyprus and boril?

He has certain qualities Cyprian and boril doesn’t have. Attack up is one of them, although it’s a weak attack up. His passive which is the extension of buff durations is one that’s more unique to him.

1 Like

I like him, a lot

His stats are perfect for his counterattack ability which lasts 5 turns btw
thats a lot.
He s gonna be awesome in tournaments and events.

7 Likes

So, it’s early in S4, but I’m already seeing a trend
 I pulled my 3rd Mack. Does anyone see a use to keep any more than 2 for depth? I don’t use riposte heroes much, although I did use him in the last war as I have a pretty short red bench
 I have 5 epic S4 heroes
 3 Macks, a Griffin and Rokkamush. S4 is starting to look like a bust for me.

I can’t imagine you’d want a lot of copies of Mack. I just kept and levelled the one. Quite like him, gave him a few emblems for survivability but haven’t gone the whole hog because I’m not using him as a “fill-in 5*”. Mostly use him for epic events and tournaments sort of thing, and more likely to use him for attack than defence even in a no-blue tournament. Rokkamush is currently suffering from a total lack of interest but Griffin is more the ticket, although I haven’t had enough rogue emblems to give him the full treatment.

2 Likes