M&M anti-nerf...just hear/see me out

Let the record show that there are stronger heroes on the way…and after they drop…more… stronger than them will drop also in the not so distant future.

This whole “Nerfing” heroes that are in YOUR opinion OP just because YOU dont have either the heroes or ability to choose a set of heroes to beat a team that contains M&M is a scam lol.

Think about it…I mean REALLY think about it. If your goal is to get to the #1 spot globally and you dont have a set of heroes you can put together to beat a M&M team then you will never become #1. If you want M&M to be nerfed to give yourself a better chance at beating a M&M team then what happens when you come across a team that doesnt have M&M and you lose?..complain and ask for a nerf of the Tank or strongest hero of that team that caused you to lose? (because remember…you are playing this game to get to the #1 spot -sarcasm-).

If becoming #1 is not your goal but to just play and enjoy the game…then why ask for a nerf? If your not playing to be competitive then why even waste energy in asking for something that really doesnt matter…because at that point you can just drop some food and skip to the next raid that doesnt have a M&M.

“Noooooo…thats too simple Juzjokez…we want an equal playing field!..WE WANT FAIRNESS…A FAIR CHANCE AT WINNING rooaaaarr!!”…well…hate to break it to you…but you’re playing the wrong game. Nothing about this game is fair…from the summons to the AI algorithm on down to the birds you touch on your phone that refuse to drop out of the sky. NONE OF IT IS FAIR bwaaahahahaaa!..ooops…I kinda loss it a second there…anyway…uhh…Oh Yeah…

Back to my point. Just because you dont have the very hero you despise because its difficult to beat a team with that hero on it doesnt mean the hero should automatically be nerfed. Why even ask to nerf a hero when all SG will do is drop yet ANOTHER hero weeks if not days later thats even stronger. Then you go and ask for that one to be nerfed…then the next and the next…and the cycle just continues on and on every new release…just because YOU cant beat them.

Its like writing a letter asking Dodge to recall all of the Hellcats so they can decrease the horsepower because you either cant afford one or you drive a Dodge Dart and its not fair.

So I ask…if they nerf M&M because its sooo many of you complaining…how many of you complaining will become #1 after the Nerf…most likely NONE of you because the ones that actually make it to the #1 never complain about a hero being OP…they just keep playing…Win or Lose…and they play until their name is ranked #1… I know… Ive been at the #1 spot :smirk:

13 Likes

Players are always looking for a nerf hero. Yesterday Telly, Xn…today M&M, Khufu, tomorrow all new heroes…makes no sense

5 Likes

This is the same sentiment i have about people asking for nerfs- from anne, m&m, etc…

Nerfer: we should nerf M&M (Or Anne, or Khufu)
Me: why?
N: too “OP” and will “break the game”
M: how so?
N: if they fire their special then you cannot recover and lose the game
M: there are ways to beat them like playing mono, kill them before they fire.
N: that is a lazy way to play
M:so what you want is to be able to win all possible teams/raids with your set of heroes without changing your play style?- essentially an auto win button.

2 Likes

LOL I think this is the key point of the argument :sweat_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

No matter how much I break it down…they still will complain and want to nerf heroes when its actually redundant to do so :smirk:

First of all, no hero ever gets nerfed because community asks for it. It’s always because of Zynga revenues. If you nerf strong def hero and introduce new one, players will chase the new one to stay competitive

7 Likes

My way of facing such really strong teams is to spend 2500 food and move on. I am not going to compete against teams that I don’t stand a chance when filling my daily cups.
For this game to live, they need money, people need desirable cards to spend. I am not for nerfing, but rather the devs really think before creating chaos.
Once they release a card, they should not nerf them. Buffs are fine for old cards to make them still relevant.
But what I take issue is, buff very recent cards just a day before the portal open and then give a really stupid excuse of a metric to nerf them after they made the money.

2 Likes

So, ask for help (compliance) based on people not being good enough. Not the usual manner that someone gets the results that they seek.

This^^

All of this 20 times

2 Likes
  1. Are people actually threatened by pro-nerf threads? As @Kenji69666 above pointed out above, is there any evidence that SG has ever nerfed a hero because of forums? (Heck, outside of maybe some of the buffs to a few older heroes, is there much evidence that SG makes any adjustments because of forums, e.g. W3K-I’m-looking-at-you.)

2. “No hero is OP as long as there’s a more OP hero about to be released” is not a good argument about the actual power level of a hero. It’s an excuse to ignore, accept, or even defend escalating power rush when we should be arguing that escalating power rush is the problem. Yes, nerfing (say) M&M in itself is not a solution when there is a larger problem, but it’s also “we should never try to fix the problem” to argue “you can’t nerf M&M unless you also nerf Anne, and Alucard, and W3K heroes, and S5 heroes, and Whatever Hunter heroes, and and and if you don’t nerf all of them then you can’t nerf any of them.” That’s an argument to take zero action.

1. What’s the problem? The problem isn’t “oh noes I can’t be number 1 with my uncostumed S1 team” or whatever, the problem is that the feeling of general progress in the game (e.g. being able to advance at all in raids, contribute in wars, do new or modified events increasingly aimed at newer hero power) increasingly feels like it’s running into a paywall.

Power creep has always existed, and when it’s slow and gradual, people can adapt their existing rosters over time as well as slowly get some of the heroes that luckier or bigger-spending players get more of and right away.

Escalating power rush means that by time one mind-boggling new hero is out, many players may still be struggling to even keep up with what all the recent heroes even do, much less begin to formulate a response, before several new and even more ridiculous heroes drop.

With power creep, luckier/spendier players will always have an advantage, but less lucky or spendy players can still take part and still feel like they are progressing in the game.

With power rush, increasingly if you don’t “keep up with the Joneses” with at least some of the heroes released in the last eighteen seconds, more and more of the game just “isn’t for you.” At some point it can feel like further progression is either impossible or even retrograde unless you chase The Very Latest Thing, when that latest thing is on an increasingly shorter and shorter timescale.

4 Likes

Yes, it is correct! 20 chars

Sound familiar with the reason why not need to nerf xno, and finally ZG still nerf after Xno bring enough money + new heroes release. Already get used to this :slight_smile:

I cant see any reason for nerfing any hero in this game anymore simply because… you can’t break what’s already broken.

Balance doesn’t exist anymore for a while now.

Everytime they nerf a hero, they release a look alike hero, even stronger, to push sales. So what’s the point?

Making people pay for a hero, nerf it, then release an even more overpowered version of it to make people buy again? No, i won’t support that.

I know heroes like C. G Panther are absotely ridiculous but at this point… i cant even care. At least let people use what they paid for. Screw zyngas greed.

9 Likes

So what do #1 in raid mean?
Face the fact, Miriam is too strong because both of her stats and her buff. You can counter the cat minion but Anne/Panther fires w +145% att, you’re such close to death.
Are you trying to blame ppl who calling a nerf to an impossible hero that they cant reach #1 in raid? Oh, come on. Even you spam Evelyn Quenell El-Naddaha Krampus Ariel in 1 hour, you still can reach #1 or at least 3.3k trophies. But War is different problem. Miriam just destroy a small/middle attack team easily since they can’t take her down.
This game is more like roster racing atm. But its fine to me because i stopped doing competive.
I’ve reached 3320 trophies 8-10 months ago i don’t remember correctly.
P/s: Never doing mono, 4-1 or 3-1-1 (except Rush), they’re all the same way of dying if your damage color have nothing to fire.

Oh god you are talking out of your backside mate.
Your arguements are absolutely hilarious.

MM needs a damn nerf and you know it. Its not about the heroes u have. MM doesnt have a clear counter anyways. Anything you throw at her the minions throw back. You cant counter her without a minion remover that usually gets overwhelmed by the 2 Guardian Panthers or Annes that sit behind MM.

They have broken the game. Right now if you dont have a godlike starting board you automatically lose even if you attack with 10 Panthers and 15 MM and the kitchen sink in your attack team.

They need to nerf MM’s minions, (she basically heals for 40% plus the boosted)
They need to introduce a penalty for playing copies in the same team (2 Panthers, 2 Alucards etc)
They need to nerf the vampire family bonus
They need to harshly nerf Anne.

Its not about what other stronger heroes will come, its about the direction of the game. If this trend goes on, in 1 year they release heroes that deal 700% to all and start with 50% mana. Its a stupid trend. THE MORE POWERFUL THE HEROES GET, THE LESS THE PLAYER’s ACTIONS MATTER
Right now the game is almost playing itself. Around 2700 cups If you dont get a very good board at the start, you lose. Your impact is minimal. The game is starting to revolve around pure BOARD LUCK and its freaking stupid.

Im sorry if you threw your cash at the game and will have your heroes nerfed. Thats bad indeed and the problem shoudlve been adressed from the start. Anyway, is all Zynga’s commercial strategy of throwing op heroes to make u pull, without actually giving a damn about the impact those heroes have on the game.

1 Like

You do need a minion counter to beat M&M consistently. If you can’t remove those minions quick you need a strategy to weather the brewing storm. Buying you time? El Naddaha is a fabulous counter to the buffs (the rage one is the killer one IMO and the most problematic for me) or any other buff blocker. Counterattack works beautifully as well (Sif/Bennu especially to reduce your damage taken) to let the flanks kill themselves. In that scenario you can focus on wings after that and leave the kitty maker for last. Attack down heroes will let you survive the onslaught as well and get your tiles. Mana control is an obvious strategy too. None of this works ALL the time. Is that a problem? No. Nothing ever worked all the time.

The most problematic teams to me are the ones with two other Halloween heroes paired with M&M because then those three family members are firing specials when your breathe on them…literally every or every other turn.

If there was any nerf needed it would be to tone down the rage or family mana bonus IMO…but really she isn’t THAT bad. Went 4/5 last war against this kitty. She’s no worse than Alfrike in VF wars.

1 Like

IMG-20221119-WA0002

In the end Zynga nerfing new heroes is unethical as hell when they are releasing stronger heroes every week. Back when they would release 12 new heroes over half a year nerfing was understandable to actually achieve balance but when making heroes obsolete by releasing stronger heroes is their new business model any nerfing of heroes is obviously a scheme baked into this very same business model. It’s not about balance it’s about deceitful and predatory behaviour plain and simple. Nerfing does balance the game but when they release a hero to generate funds that they they know is too powerful and will need to be nerfed in order to not break the game you will be hard pressed to convince me and any right minded person that this isn’t anything other than a scam. Bait and switch is illegal in almost every aspect of our society except for this venue it seems.

4 Likes

I beat M&M tanks all the time…no nerf is needed. YOU and others like you cant beat her :man_shrugging:t5:

This is exactly what they’re doing, it’s unethical and probably illegal

3 Likes