Ludwig needs to be nerfed

Unfortunately it was the beginning of the end to buffs when everyone decided it was ok for them to buff S1 heros with costumes and like that no more free buffs :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I donā€™t agree with this at all. Iā€™ve got a decent roster and heā€™s not very difficult to overcome without good boards. Iā€™m not saying I win every single match up, but vast majority I do. Heā€™s slow. Easy to work around. If youā€™re expecting to just plow through him going mono and donā€™t get the tiles you need in placement where you need them, then maybe a change to your strategy should be in order. The only environment where heā€™s a pain is Rush, but that is it.

Here are 3 raids vs different configs of ludwig teams.

I have better counters - lord loki and diaochan - but i wanted to go with a more accessible 2 dispeller strategy.

I was able to get c sabina casting before ludwig went off at least once, but i was also able to recover when he did the other times

The 2 heroes flanking him make a big difference, but the double dispeller strategy is a pretty reliable one regardless of who you are facing

2 Likes

Yeah, you need double dispellers, and I actually take 3 or even 4 dispellers in. Iā€™ll stack Kingston-Eveyln(dispell)-Zeline(dispell) for tile and stack attack and then support with Devana (attacker-dispeller) and costume Sabina. If he gets his special off, Iā€™ve got tons of options.

Donā€™t let him fire, even better than bringing double dispellers. Heā€™s slow and you have a good amount of moves to line up tiles before he fires.

1. Bring Mist and at least two more yellows
  2. Time Mist and Ludwig so he tries to fire his special after Mistā€™s special is on him.
  3. ???
  4. Profit
2 Likes

Even more easy: kill his neighbours first.
Standing alone he is just an angry wolf with no effect

Hit him with Mist or Malossi and he does nothing.
Take one buff dispeller and Hatter and you steal his special.
No nerfs needed , every hero has a counter.
Ludwig can be countered or dispelled with many standard 4* heroes.

1 Like

If they nerf Ludwig, expect them to nerf Van and Beethoven next.

1 Like

I bet that it will be the opposite way: they will buff the knights before the next event because the knights are still not used much.
During Raids or Wars i sometimes see a wolfgsng or a quenell, but 99% still use the heroes everyone uses.
CKadilien, Elizabeth, Morel, Octrosā€¦yawn yawn yawn!
They will do something to make the knights even more atractive.
And they are worth it!
I fight with Quintin, Franz, Ludwig, Wolfgang and Lewena.
If i have luck with the board and all knights fire their specials the enemy is on the ground within seconds, whatever they have.

When not using diaochan, lord loki or lubu I have had a lot more success when bringing 2 dispeller/healers instead of just one. It gives you a fair margin for recovery even if Ludwig goes off first. Also works for other problematic taunt or dodge heroes.

Lately Iā€™ve been using original domitia against taunt heroes (single mind you). Just tile dump into the taunt hero, dom to remove and sabina to remove the secondaryā€¦ Itā€™s been decent so far, though Iā€™m trying to move away from going too heavy in one color.

It is always the point if ludiwg has wolf-friends in his team and you can not clean anything.
But however: my favourite anti-taunter is now ā€œRayneā€.
Hits the taunter pretty hard and starts to kill the rest of the enemy team even if taunting is active.
Awesome!
Now i am not that frustrated anymore by all these krampus out in this world!
(i see krampus much more often than ludwig)

Good idea though dodge heroes can dodge a dispel which is very sneaky of them.

Which is why C Sabina is great, if you can fire her first. Or failing that - the odds are with you that one of 2 dispells wonā€™t be able to be dodged. Or failing that - the hit that follows the dodgeā€¦

Ludwigā€™s taunt should last only 3 or 4 turns to be inline with the other taunters you nerfed in the past.

The several great heroes Iā€™ve pulled have been nerfed. Iā€™m not a whale and donā€™t have the money to pull the latest and greatest.

1 Like

Idk about everyone else but Ludwig is utterly ridiculousā€¦ he has taunt and he boosts the mana to 100% after every turnā€¦ Iā€™ve never won a raid with him in itā€¦ paired up with alfrike and mother north or heimdall and itā€™s literally unbeatable

1 Like

This is inaccurate, he does not boost nearby heroes to 100% after every turn. It is turn based and increases the percentage each turn.

1 Like

Itā€™s basically after every turn if you hit them with tiles

Ever consider bringing 2 dispellers? Maybeā€¦ Post release nerfs should never happen.