Ludwig needs to be nerfed

Heroes shouldn’t be nerfed after release

4 Likes

The issue is that SG releases OP heroes
And the solution is for SG not to release OP heroes

After release, the hero should not be nerfed. We all know how difficult it is summon a 5* hero, much less a good 5* hero.
How often does a 30x summon yield all 3*/4*
For every cobalt you summon you just as well can get jade or another S1 hero

Can you imagine after finally getting a good 5* hero, SG goes on to nerf that hero without any compensation. Thats very unfair

The root of the problem is SG making these OP heroes for pple to chase, to make a quick profit, but upsetting the balance of the game and making it less enjoyable for everyone, ultimately leading to people quitting

4 Likes

I never understood this phrase… i mean what else would you do with your cake? :cake: :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Everything’s op or buffed. :roll_eyes:

Absolutely that’s the root of the problem. That’s why I stopped spending and chasing OP heros and now I’m waiting for the power gap to become unbearable to definitely leave the game.

I see calls for nerfs as a desperate try of players who did not lose hope for this game, that balance is indeed possible. I wish I understood their reasons because my hope had faded away long time ago. However, telling them to suck it up and move on is also not nice thing to do. Quite the opposite. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

At the end of the day, the game is constantly being refreshed. I personally like that but that’s mainly because I can pull in every portal. For me, new heroes are an asset. So if you can’t pull for them, they clearly become a liability.

The main issue is that the gap between cheap/free players and spenders is widening rapidly. In my opinion, they should just create a class system. If you want to avoid getting wrecked because your roster can’t handle it, cool, fight these guys with similar rosters/power. Make it like the raid arena tiers except you can’t leave them (meaning you can’t rank your way out, you’d have to opt into another tier if you wanted more of a challenge). You choose a tier and in that tier you will only have opponents with a moderately built roster that are of similar power. But is that really what you want? Do you just want to face S1 defenses all day? That just seems so much less challenging it borders on mindlessly hitting buttons (a bit hyperbolic I know). Ultimately, that’s not fun for me.

Trust me, I remember when I was struggling hard with a limited roster, it does suck. So I had to make a decision, I either pay to play or just quit. I honestly couldn’t wait 6 months to ascend a hero, noooooo way, feels like I’m abusing myself lol. So I made the decision, it would be too frustrating for me to continue with these heroes. So I started to spend.

I’m not telling anyone how to feel, I’m not telling anyone to spend, but only you can control your actions. If this is making you upset and you are 100% sure you will NEVER spend a dime in this game, then is it worth it to continue? It wasn’t for me. Again, I’m not saying, if you don’t like it then leave. I’m just saying why partake in your own abuse? The releasing of newer and stronger heroes will never change. Matter of fact, it will only get worse. I mean it’s clear as day to see that. Then why stay and complain? I mean hey, if you’re cool doing that then stick around. But I personally wouldn’t play if it was a constant source of frustration and it sadly seems like that for A LOT of players.

I pulled Ludwig, I paid for Ludwig, I deserve an advantage. To me it’s that simple. I’m not mad at SG or the players that have these cards, thats the game, I have accepted it. I mean from my perspective, I could also say this. Ludwig doesn’t need a nerf, you need a dispeller lol. Works both ways.

6 Likes

Ludwig is just no more OP than when players invested gems or other credits to buy pulls. Leave him be. He’s nowhere near as OP as future heroes that SGG will introduce in future.

1 Like

Ludwig needs to be nerfed.
No, he does not.

(Other game character) needs to be nerfed.
No, he does not.

Nerf requestors need to be nerfed.
Yes, they do.

5 Likes

Cries in mats spent on Telly two years ago.

2 Likes

As much as i hate to face him in V fast tourneys and wars, I use Mist on him every time. Unless there is a no yellow tourney.
Once Mist fires on him, which she does almost always as she is fast, Lud and friends are just wet papers.
I also use Malosi and or G Chamelon on wars against him if he has other wolf friends.
I hardly see him on raid defense these days as he is a liability in lot of cases due to speed. But if I do, i use Inari to negate the offense threat of his friends and I use G Panther and a dark snipper to take him down and other snipper friends to kill one of his dangerous flankers.
In one of the V fast tourneys, i used Franz on him as a test, His buffs were completely blocked as well.
We need to explore different strategies, and let the boards decide the outcome after that.

2 Likes

I have three ludwigs and use one of them (full emblems & LB) in my attack and my defense-team.
My experience: he is absolutely awesome in the attack team!
I also use him in every Titan-team because he fires up his neighbours at least three times even if they are very slow.

But, as many players mentioned here: he is easy beatable when standing in defense.
Just get your best yellow heroes and kick his ■■■, seems to work very well, i got beaten nearly 50% of the attacks.

In the meantime i managed to build a pure Knight-Team: Quintin, Franz, Ludwig, Wolfgang & Lewena.
Now it became tougher for the attackers because of the family bonus.
But still this team gets beaten, so i dont see the need of a nerf for ludwig at all.

2 Likes

Well said, insert roaring applause. Also, I don’t have Ludwig, I’d love him, but don’t have him.

See how easy it is to not call for nerfs? Celebrate with those who got lucky.:grin:

Wow, more you should quit from the Lords of “I know everything” maybe YOU should quit, seeing how this game has made you into a pseudo master of your own universe, sheesh, get s life…

Man, this same attitude you have is what fueled the Telly/Vela nerfs which have led to a massive fallout amongst players.

Nerfs=bad.

New heroes that counter strong heroes=good.

Buffing other heroes so they can better compete=good

Making 3/4* heroes that fill in gaps in players rosters, also=good

Okay let’s review:

Nerfs=bad.

Since nerfs=bad

Stop asking for nerfs.

8 Likes

Cheesus doesn’t approve of your negative comments towards others. Settle down. No nerfs.

While I agree Ludwig’s SS is extremly OP, I’m not for an actual nerf. However, a small twitch might be in order, as in removing the nearby mana generation boost (which is insane, by the way) on caster’s death. Make mana generation stop the moment Ludwig dies and we’re all fine. Ludwig isn’t nerfed, per se, his friends don’t get to use their specials every turn, everyone’s happy.

2 Likes

Just tweak Ludwig skill.

All allies lose 100% mana and cleansed of all buff upon Ludwig death, much like G Gizell

Nerfs ain’t bad… ain’t good either… they’re necessary, as long as OP heroes keep being released. Releasing OP heroes is bad.
Considering a hero’s skill not being OP because there are ways to counter it, is wrong. Of course people won’t consider any heroes as being OP while having the means to counter them. Why would they?! But that’s the wrong way to look at the problem. A special skill should be measured by it’s effects, not by the ways to counter it, which might or not be available to those that have to deal with it. Kind of like an atomic weapon isn’t so bad for nuclear shelter owners…
Left unchecked, Ludwig’s special is insanely OP. It allows his closest allies to use their specials three, sometimes four turns in a row… that’s an apocaliptic event in E&P terms. It’s the deffinition of OP… the fact that you may (or may not) have the means to stop it doesn’t change that.
So, don’t nerf Ludwig. Just stop the mana gen as soon as he’s dead.

1 Like

This is so far beyond whether or not he’s stronger than other when compared to people in the game, the issue is the backlash that comes with nerfing heroes. I would much rather they release a hero that hits 3 and prevents mana gain for 4 turns. Ideally a 4* that’s nearly 5* level so it’s easily accessible. That kind of hero “nerfs” Ludwig, but doesn’t destroy the innate value people paid when they summoned for him.

1 Like

If be in favor of that. Still overpowered but reasonable.