šŸ° Ludwig ā€“ 5* Dark / Purple from Clash of Knights

Iā€™m fortunate to have Ludwig and it is odd to say about a hero Iā€™ve got, but I think he needs a nerf. Heroes like him and squiddy (purple mana giver, forget the name) unbalance the game by making heroes like Alfrike even more OP.

Mine is 3/70, but already in map boards he is ridiculous. I flank him with Toxicandra and Alfrike and with Malicna too Alfrike is constantly firing.

They need to slow way down on mana and defense down to all heroes

2 Likes

I used my 3/70 Ludwig with Gullin & Alfrike flanks to simply Steam- Roll through Ninja Towerā€™s - impossible levels 1 to 14 with just 2 cursesā€¦ I was short of timeā€¦ which means the next tower event, I will go all the wayā€¦with this team.

Ludwig just kept ensuring that both flanks kept firing & opposite waves & bosses had no chance to do anything. Bosses clash attacks were managed as whole team was at 200% healthā€¦

I hadnā€™t used any 5* heroes till thenā€¦ I was :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Well - here is the thing: If you donā€˜t have all those crazy partners for Ludwig, he seems less op to me. So please keep him as he is. It is hard enough for me to get him working.

8 Likes

You donā€™t need them. Flank him with a normal Vivica and Azlar or any other season 1 slow hero and he is still OP

I see your point - but where to start? If you nerf him, you have to nerf a lot of the other new superstars too and for sure, you have to completely delete Ruby. So if Iā€˜m one of the super, super lucky players who get one of these, Iā€˜m glad they stay like they were released. :wink:

3 Likes

you can nerf then odin, firgg, ruby and all other crazy heroes, including new gargoylesā€¦
He is decent. He dies QUICK AND fast and he is SLOW in current meta thats bad.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been trying to figure out how to use him on defense, but am not very successful.

First: I donā€™t have the HA so I can only use the standard V formation. Second, I am in diamond, averaging around 2600 cups.

I have him limit broken and fully emblemed but if I use him as tank I lose almost every fight. He is too slow, I think.

Iā€™ve moved him to flank with e.g. Emilio or Wolfgang tanking, and it seems to do a bit better. For those of you who also have him and use him on D:

1. What formation?
  2. What position?
  3. What is the rest of the team?
  4. How successful is your D?

I use him in a standard formation as a tank. I stay around 2600-2700 with him most days, but sometimes I get revenged a lot and than I drop to 2500.

I run him with this team:

Hannah-Frigg-Ludwig-Wolfgang-Crystalis

Pretty happy with him so far!

In your opinion what is the best raid formation and position to fully maximize Ludwig?

Iā€™ve been seeing several folks use reverse with Ludwig as the center, but I also notice other players placing him at the left flank. Tucking him behind a double formation might be counterproductive since he is a slow hero?

I used him on defense as flank with CB.Alby as the center and it did not go well. I like using him on offense though because you can control when he fires to maximize mana gain. I faced him a handful of times on defense and was less than impressed.

1 Like

@sylvelliorFD - I placed him tank in standard formation, two days ago, heā€™s only at +17 yet, see the results, well part of themā€¦.too many attacks on my defense, went over 2700 cups yesterday from people crashlanding; mind you I can line up much tougher heroes, just testing things out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No formation has him safe from Lord Loki, who is going to be the ticket to 95% losses. At least in my experience on the opposite side. Against teams with no Ludwig and no Lord Loki he may do pretty well.

I have my defense team, double formation with Ludwig and Krampus in front.
The result is up and down but I have been more or less around 2600 trophies every morning what ever defense team I use. Then I play and go up to usually 2800 to be back at around 2600 the day after.

Happy gaming

1 Like

The worst I faced so far was reverse double.

Normally reverse double is by far the easiest, the back 2 donā€™t get mana and charge super slow.
But with Ludwig front row middle, 2 fast damage dealers beside him and back row 2 of your hardest hitting heroes, speed and survivability doesnā€™t really matter there, they are protected from stones and charged by Ludwig.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been using him in the left flank position (@4/75 & a cl 18) with a fully leveled Alfrike tank (cl of 20).
Heimdall to the left of him.
In this position my defence team is smashing it.
My cups used to be 2400 now 2600+.
Teams with a TP above 4800 can beat me every time.
Iā€™ve just picked up Treevil (the new 3 star hero), with it I hope to increase my attack/defense. :blush::blush::blush::+1::+1::+1:

Sorry, heā€™s at 4/85 +18.

Ofc it didnt go well, Alberich isnt centre heroā€¦ he is too passive and he shines when heroes are dead, not when he is the first one to go.

Put alberich on L wing, Ludwig as L flank and you can have offensive hero as tank, since Alberich with Ludwig boosting will keep bringing him back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I should have clarified that I was in the reverse set up with Alby tucked away in the middle.

still far from optimal, more on the worse sideā€¦ Please try my recommendation if you wish.

He can still get hit by 3 direct tiles down the middle, also most tiles go down the middle anyway so he will get hit with collateral dmg as well, and two heroes who are on his left side, wouldnt go off (specials) after they are revivedā€¦

Either left flank or l wing on reverse or there is some success in tight reverse formations with 2 tanksā€¦ So alby would be trying to bring 2 tanks back

1 Like

We can debate small changes to formation with Alby but at the end of the day, Iā€™ve had little trouble with Ludwig on defense unless heā€™s coupled with the standard killers on defense.