🏰 Ludwig – 5* Dark / Purple from Clash of Knights

Think I should pull Garnet, go without a healer ? Thanks

Think you should pull sif

The exponant 1.35 formula is kind of outdated. If you scroll through the 700+ replies of the damage calculation topic, you’ll find more faithfull formulations. There is a base damage that scales like att/def, plus a bonus if att>def, that scales with att but is indepedant of def. This helps explain the reduced effect of defense bonus.
I tried to reproduce the numbers given above with this formula, but the reduction is still higher that what’s seen on the screenshots. I get however good results (792 instead of 826, 647 instead of 667, 583 instead of 609) if the special def bonus is applied strictly to the base damage, but the bonus damage kicks in at att> unmodified def.

You have to run double dispel though for Hatter to steal the mana gain, right?

Anybody have a Morgan to run with Lud? Seems like it would be pretty strong. Also Anzogh

Ludwigs taunt does protect the rest of the team but him at slow mana, more often than not I’m ready to steal that 6 turn taunt lol , then fire Zaline to dispell any buffs. 6 turns is crazy long and protects my team for the whole match :smile: I just got Lepiota and decided to test her, she’s a little beast and a great counter as well if needed, this time round, she wasn’t needed against Ludwig :man_shrugging: … the time she buys you to manipulate the board , priceless

Screenshot_20211107-222932_Empires

Ok, everybody is just worrying about Ruby, now, but with the release of Zircon, Ludwig will be a LOT stronger. Imagine a Zircon tank, Ludwig on Flank. Boosted health, defense up and undispellable taunt and mana boost. Here we go…

5 Likes

Mica - Ludwig - Zircon - Quenell - Ruby

:moneybag: for SGG but :poop: for balance

2 Likes

Today is a good day, made it to Global number 1 for the first time :heart_eyes:

It was on my bucketlist since day 1 I start playing. Did it all, from app. 2700 cups till 3093, with this rainbow team:

Ludwig is, in the right team of course, awesome.

9 Likes

is ludwig better with ninjas or with very slow heroes in aspect of mana gain?

Very slow. It still takes 300% mana to charge a ninja full. He’ll charge Afrike 3 times but may only bring a ninja to level 3 charge once unless you get tiles to charge also.

1 Like

Today I finally finished him. :slight_smile: I really enjoy him on my 3-2 attack team and I try him on my defense team, too.

3 Likes

Grats to everyone who got him. I tried relentlessly but couldn’t get him to show up. Wish me luck for next time!

Update i have Everyone + dupes except ludwig :pensive: This morning April 3rd will be my last chance for this run. Wish me luck…again

2 Likes

Luck xx

20 characters

1 Like

Finally got him to 4th tier and started trying him out on attack. Flanking him with CB Alby and C Yunan with Onyx and Bera to fill out the 3-2. The mana synergy between Alby, Yunan, and Ludwig is crazy and having resurrection with Alby is nice when Ludwig gets hit with specials. Really liking this hero but don’t see him breaking into my defense team.

From facing him, he is a bit too squishy for a center tank role especially in wars IMO. Better on offense. Otherwise he may need some help with his mana

Basically this team is attack heaven …

The staggered charging of Ninjas means you can get various combos of attacks … sometimes mana 1 > mana 2 > mana 2 … sometimes mana 2 > mana 3 … and anything in between… add Toxicandra and Xnolphod, you can get even better like mana 2 > mana 2 > mana 3 or better !

5 Likes

One problem with Zircon and Ludwig. Ludwig does not get the full effect of the heal Zircon gives. Might be a bug, but as of now. My Ludwig gets minimal heal from Zircon, while the remaining hero’s get large health boosts

@RedHeeler

Could this be the problem, that you played them in season 4 with the biome effect?

1 Like

wow u got 2 ruby & fully emblem… i only got ludwig. & you’ve an old octopus.
wow how many pulls did u do to get 2 ruby… full of envy