🧙 Lucy – 4* Fire / Red from Tower of Magic

New Tower of Magic Hero is Released: Lucy

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Lucy, as well as your thoughts on Lucy.

Lucy

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:fire:
Fire/Red
Wizard
M
Magic
Level Attack Defense Health

4/70
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/75 715 736 1413
4/80 829 853 1638
Origin Family
Tower of Magic Magic
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Stack on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, all enemies get -5% mana generation stack. If the Special Skill is fully changed, all enemies get two stacks.
:hourglass: Ability: Health Recovery on Special
When this character casts their Special Skill, they have a 50% chance to recover 15% health for all allies. If the Special Skill is fully changed, the chance is 100%.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Mageball Blast
  • Special Skill has a different effect when charged with 100%/200% mana:
  • 1x Mana Charge:
    • Deals 180% damage to the target.
    • Each time the target activates their Special Skill during 3 turns, mana of all other enemies is reduced by -8%.
  • 2x Mana Charge:
    • All allies get +24% mana generation for 5 turns.
    • For the next 5 turns, this character deals 115% damage to all enemies each time any other ally casts their Special Skill. Damage is dealt on the first Special Skill case of each character per turn.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Magic” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Magic Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% / 100% chance to cast +5% mana generation stack on a random ally when this hero casts their Special skill.
    Maximum stack size: 10

Note: Family bonus can be triggered on the first and second mana charge too.
The new heroes have passive abilities too, which can be triggered on the second mana charge only.

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

• Charge 1: Damage is reduced to 180% from 200%.
  • Charge 2: Damage on ally special skill activation is reduced to 115% from 135%.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on Round 2 of Tower of Magic Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v57]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Lucy ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Lucy.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Lucy and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Lucy worth summoning for?

• Would you use Lucy on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Lucy ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Lucy as an opponent?

• Would you give Lucy Wizard Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Lucy’s character design?

• If you Summoned Lucy and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Lucy, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Lucy when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Lucy, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Lucy (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Lucy), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Epic Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

3 Likes

Feedback Poll - Lucy (post release)

:question: Is Lucy worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Lucy would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Lucy’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Mana Reducer (After enemy special activation)
  • Mana Generation Increaser
  • Damage Dealer (After ally special activation)

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Lucy compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Lucy’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means Lucy’s Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Lucy worth giving Wizard Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Lucy is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Lucy is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Lucy worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes, but only once
  • Yes, twice
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Lucy then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecting Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecting Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

:question: What do you think about the artwork ?

• Amazing
  • Refreshingly new
  • It’s ok
  • It could be better
  • Very bad

0 voters

accessible, baby version of hippo. yes please. any extra damage is welcomed damage, and the fact it occurs on the same turn as firing, and not like DoT is great. first charge is pretty good too [Edit: Firing this at a left wing or left flank when they have allie’s charged on their right will be quite gamechanging, especially at that really fast speed], mana control is always going to be strong.

one of the best 4*’s, i don’t mind the speed of the second charge too much to use her.

6 Likes

Or for those with Hippo, Lucy will be Hippo’s new bff. Imagine setting the 2 of them off, the opponent will get hit twice just because. Lol. This one sounds like a keeper.

3 Likes

Everyone is fixated on thay g hippo skill, but does anyone not realise how OP this skill is on charge 1? With this you essentially can only use 1 skill per turn, because once you use a skill, all other allies’ mana are cut. It completely ruins mono

3 Likes

The 15% healing passive of Lucy is also cool and at the same amount to Nerfed milena … will nerfed Milena get this passive too? (this may justify her nerf)

2 Likes

@PlayForFun Thanks for all your efforts in putting together these topics! A bunch of these heroes look really strong, and I hope the portals show me fortune tomorrow!

Can I just check, it seems that all the new ToM heroes have the same passive (heal 15%) in their topics - is this the case?

1 Like

This will be nerfed also. :smiley:

1 Like

Thx, you are right.

It seems I have copy pasted the same passives to all heroes.
I am fixing it.

3 Likes

Only Lucy and Willow will have this passive. Other new magic hero topics are adjusted.

2 Likes

Perhaps I am reading it differently. It only affects one hero (“the target”) so it seems like a weaker version of silence where you only need to worry about the order you fire your specials.

You could still run a mono team and fire the targeted hero last (since -8% of zero is still zero). Annoying if you need that hero for defence down / cleanse etc, but not insurmountable.

3 Likes

It is all enemies that receive the mana cut. So it’s kind of a variant of LOTL and waterpipe
Ah…all right. Then it’s easily avoided, my bad. It’s not as straightfoward as I thought it is. Still, this hero works well on offense, but requires some timing to stop an onslaught of skills from destroying your team

It seems this hero is arrived with a small nerf.
The hero card is updated, and polls are enabled.

1 Like

Say no more. It was nerfed before the release :sweat_smile:

Edit: I had one summon and I got her. I will keep her.

Still leveling her
Baby hippo hit. The first charge will be really interesting for rush attacks

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s the best use of either

Got her on my P2P account.

I think she is amazing. Not so much the first charge but the second charge. Got her partially LB1 and the damage is not big on its own (like 80-100 each time) but bypassing everything and being able to continuously retrigger for 5 turns will definitely give your team the edge. Her mana down stack is really good too and will work especially well for any battle of attrition type setup. Can’t complain about the mini heal and the mana up too of course. She does a lot!

I play her in a team with Ludwig which maximises the repeat of her damage.

Edit: The best use of her first charge is possibly if the opposing Ludwig has gone off. If you are able to target the hero on the left of Ludwig (either before the taunt, or you can dispel the taunt) that should stop the right flank firing once or twice

2 Likes

You need attack up, DD and EDD for her to really shine. I am not giving you any ideas but i think you know where she is supposed to truly shine

1 Like

I drop this test run video here.
I powerlevelled her at day 1.
She has a bunch of amazing little features that add up to the result.
Best is the -mana regen stacks imho.

4 Likes

There is definitely an incentive to give her Alpha Aether eventually. I just 2lb’ed Waddles and the 2nd one is on the way. Lucy is definitely a top 4 star. Nice team you got there.

2 Likes