Loss and sadness

We can’t offer the support our partner may need if we don’t take care of our own emotional health. So take the time you need for you, so you can give your best to her.

But what an amazing bond you seem to have. Lucky indeed. Cherish it.

16 Likes

Offer still stands good sir.
Feel free to hit me up on line even if it’s just to shoot the breeze.

Glad to hear you aren’t going it alone.

9 Likes

Scouts honour. I don’t think that. Hope I’ve helped restore some street cred.fpr ya?

3 Likes

About damn time you came back

1 Like

Lol perfect

The “Big Bad Rigs” persona remains

5 Likes

Leukemia took my brother last year three days before his 41st birthday. I wasn’t able to attend the memorial because they live 2000+ miles away, and I was facing financial hardships at the time, so I couldn’t afford to travel. He never got to meet my son (his nephew). I remember the last conversation with him on the phone a week prior. He was in hospice care and struggling to speak. He apologized for not getting to see me anymore and for never getting to meet my son. He knew. He knew he was leaving for good. I just had hoped he would’ve been around for Christmas when we were finally able to afford to go back home. He was there in spirit.

19 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I’ve heard it been said by many different staff members at hospitals etc… that a person will let go once they have resolved any I resolved issues, or to see someone. Take comfort that he went with peace in his heart for you and your son. Much love⚘❤

8 Likes

Phew…and the earth continues to move

3 Likes

Pffft. Whatev.

20eyerollsisntenough

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story. :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

Threads like this show that behind all those shiny, crazy and scary nicks are real human beings with ups and downs. Probably that is necessary from time to time, since sometimes it seems to be forgotten.

Everybody has their own unique story of life. One should never forget to treat everyone like one expects to be treated yourself.

Virtual hugs for all of you :hugs:

21 Likes

I hope, these feelings will quickly remove when the game starts. As it is rather encouraging.

1 Like

I think the healing works both ways. I know that I for one am thankful for the reminder that we are all human and we all go through the same things. We are there for each other, even if it’s just to listen.

9 Likes

I had a life changing event. It feels similar to a death since my “life” went from something I liked M/L to something new and unfamiliar. I had not considered the Forum as a partial solution. Great idea since I already use gaming to cope. It is fun to escape for awhile, meet new people and exchange ideas. I like trading strats and card ideas here. I read a lot more than I post, so thank you to the authors. Oddly, I really like this game and have played for over one year and intend to continue. But I am wandering off topic, people and others who have the time to expose themselves emotionally or take the time to read are rare. So, thank you Math4lyfe. Understand the hard week.

13 Likes

The good thing about the forum is that you can open up anonymously, without actually having to expose your real persona (if you don’t want to), and still get the benefit of a sympathetic ear.

8 Likes

Beautiful thread, deserves a bump up from time to time.

5 Likes