Loss and sadness

It’s been a hard week, but reflection can be helpful for healing.

From players we meet in random crossings to alliance members we form real bonds with (regardless of distance) to life on the other side of the screen… loss happens and the hurt is real. To those of you struggling with your own demons, please reach out to someone. There are so many wonderful people willing and able to listen.

Thank you to those who have reached out to me or who have leant a virtual shoulder to cry on.

An imprint was left… a memory was made.

@voidstrike @AncientPirate1 @Rigs @Biermeister @PooFlingerJr @Darth_Vitiate

45 Likes

We’re humans, we’re men and women; and yes, we get hurt, we break. But we’re humans, we can share it. Always. 'Cause we’re not alone; we feel such, but we’re not. Never.
Thanx @Math4lyfe for this, really. :kissing_heart:

20 Likes

How empathetic and wise of you to start this post @Math4lyfe.

The first thing that came to me when I got my bad news a little over a month ago or whenever was to abandon this forum, my alliance,and to live under the false pretense that I had to bear my burden alone.

I am so glad that I did not make a quick impulsive decision , because the result of sharing my struggles has brought me closer to so many people and maybe my struggles and sharing them have helped others to realize that this is a safe place with real people who are concerned more about the people playing this game than I could’ve possibly imagined.

I can say that I have truly been touched by the kindness of so many.

And although I am in the middle of a battle I just want everyone to know that I am here for you also.

I’ll continue to wear my rose colored glasses and see the beauty in things as much as possible.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

28 Likes

A well timed message @Math4lyfe and well put. Thank you

12 Likes

Grieving for your loss (if I’m not misguided it’s also the community’s loss).

Being in the thick of grief and mourning for the last 18 months myself, I’ve found the sadness is never from the memories you’ve relished, but rather from the ones that will never come to be on this side of eternity.

Time may not heal all wounds, but I firmly believe God heals all wounds in times with the caveat that wounds, cuts, bruises from death/loss do leave battle scars on your life & in your heart.

Please know there is no definitive time table for mourning loss no matter how close or distant the loss is to you, so understand there is no rush to “get back to normal”.

I trust you & those grieving are receiving support from people in your regular life rhythms and are available. But if you ever need another person to listen and even hear stories you reminiscing sweeter times with your lost loved one. I’m available via line [LineID: cja099]

Edit: I do realize upon re-reading my post that everything I’ve said seems like a cliche/generic/textbook response, but I honestly go through and read tell myself these things at least once a week when I’m feeling sad/wrecked by my lost loved ones.

21 Likes

Great

Now people are goin to think I’m a nice guy…

Way to ruin my rep

19 Likes

Everybody will become stardust and new stars will be made of it.

That’s eternal mercy from space.

:dizzy:

10 Likes

That ship has already sailed my friend.
:rofl::joy::rofl:

11 Likes

I’m happy to know that my small effort could help in some way. Good people draw goodness from others, so thanks for helping me become a better person.

7 Likes

That ship has sailed… then ran into some rocks and sank into the deep abyss.

11 Likes

Edit:

TL;DR Summary

Sharing good, professional help good, death bad, sadness bad

If I may share one more thing for whoever needs to hear/read it.

The lie that frequents my mind when in the midst of storms caused by loss is that who I would potentially share this news with already has enough on their plate. They don’t want to be burdened by my grief, me sharing about how sad I am is just going to annoy them, I need to toughen up and learn to deal with my own problems, etc.

I can affirm from my personal experiences that people who truly care about you (whether new or ancient relationship/friendship) feel nothing is farther from the truth and generally will meet your fearful testimony with an outpouring of love, compassion, sadness and support.

And just in case you are met with something to the contrary when you step out to share your grief. I can just say: I’m here…I’m glad you’re not trying to soldier through this on your own…you are justified in grieving your loss…and I’m thankful for your strength in the midst of brokenness.

P.S. - I can’t help but note that support from friends and family is wonderful resource for immediate grief relief. However in cases where you feel this weight is heavier than you can imagine & extending longer than you wish, seeking out a licensed professional can be the best remedy. Do not let anyone discourage/demean/belittle/mock you from getting the help you need to take care of your mental state.

18 Likes

We may not know each other well, we have crossed paths a few times in various Line chats.

Thank you for this post, very timely in the passing of a fellow player. But also for the sense of community from virtual friends across the world have helped with my RL struggles over the last year.

It’s always comforting to know that there is always someone to show support, lift your spirits (or in @Rigs case raise the blood pressure) and make you, literally, laugh out loud.

13 Likes

I think we are all closer than we realize. Sometimes it just takes a tragic event for us to see it. Thank you for sharing.

14 Likes

Thank you for this post.

Not going to share all of my personal demons here, far too many to list in one post. Just want to kind of set the record straight… when I go off on a rant about the game or whatever… yeah it’s because the game is pissing me off at the moment… but ultimately, that is the least of my problems. I play games to escape my problems. Naturally, I get very annoyed when the games I’m playing to escape my problems end up frustrating me even further. So I come on forums like this to moan and complain, then people argue with me, which only makes me angrier…

sigh

Just glad to know that some people understand. And no I’m not going to spill my guts here in a tell-all therapy session about my ■■■■■■ up childhood, because nobody cares, and this ain’t the place for that. But it is really good to see that some people in this world still do care about other people, because I was beginning to have doubts.

15 Likes

Oh my. I don’t know you, but I do read your posts. And this last post troubled me. Please take on board that people do care. And I care. And if being in this forum helps, even just a little, you go right ahead and vent your spleen… I promise still to read your posts … but seriously there are many many people in here that will gladly just listen if that helps. Take care and chin up …

9 Likes

False

Perhaps

13 Likes

Line id: mrsbcw

I enjoy your posts, okay so I’m a lurker of late :grimacing: because if I engage it affects my mental health.

Please feel free to message me and we can cry, laugh, swear together :purple_heart:

You are never alone :kissing_heart:

14 Likes

Literally just wrote an unnecessarily long paragraph about how sharing is good.

Agree that forum may not be best to air your personal matters but still here…still listening and available to listen through other mediums like line.

Edit: have to look up my lineID all the time - [LineID: cja099]

8 Likes

Never think your completely alone or the only one going through stuff bud. Sometimes all’s it takes is one person to understand and listen.

7 Likes

Thanks guys.

Actually I’m okay as long as I have my girlfriend, we’ve been together through thick and thin, and she is literally the light of my life. My biggest fear is losing her (no our relationship isn’t in trouble or anything like that, I just can’t imagine what I would do if something were to happen to her). I usually just lean on her when I’m feeling bad, but she’s got her own problems, I don’t think it’s fair to put all the burden on her, so I come here to ■■■■■ and moan about blah blah stupid terrible summons got another ■■■■■■■ Kailani are you serious, thanks for nothing SG, etc. etc. No I’m not swiping my card any more, it’s already nearly maxed out and I don’t have enough money coming in right now as it is…

I know I’m not the only one who has lost loved ones and felt alone in the world. I consider myself blessed that I’m not alone. I shouldn’t be wasting my time venting online, my sweetie knows when I’m feeling down. I try to hide it but she knows me too well. I just hate laying my problems on her, when she has gone through so much herself, I’m supposed to be stronger than that. I tell myself it’s okay, I’ll just play some games to take my mind off of stuff, and if the games make me mad, I’ll go online and post some rants about it, get it out of my system. Maybe post some jokes, hope to get a few laughs. Laugh it off, walk it off. It’s just a game, anyway.

I keep telling myself that, referring to both video games and life itself. It’s just a game. It’s just RNG. It’s not personal. The universe itself doesn’t hate me, it hates everyone equally. Someone has to get dealt a bad hand.

… and it’s stupid for me to complain. There are millions of people who have it a lot worse than me. You really want to help me? Go out and help someone who really needs it. The homeless, the sick, the hungry. I’m not dying, yet (at least not that I know of). The ones I’ve lost are already gone and there’s nothing I or anyone else can do to get them back. I still have the most important person in my life, :heart: E. my Forever Valentine, til death do us part. As long as I still have her, I’m not going anywhere. I may not be able to summon a good E&P hero to save my life, but I somehow managed to summon the most amazing life partner that anyone could ever hope for. So in that respect, I’m probably one of the luckiest people alive. I’d go through all the misery of my life 1000x over again to be with her.

ahem

Uh… yeah… got a little sappy there… sorry 'bout that…

cough cough

Man these freakin summons are terribad. And what’s up with putting costume chamber up at the same time as Mount Umber? Do they think I’m just growing world flags on trees over here or what??? Then watch, the whole next week there won’t be a single quest worth doing. Typical. :roll_eyes:

20 Likes