Lord loki special skill is blocked when hero is blocked

Lord loki special skill is blocked when hero is blocked. Please fix it

@Guvnor

2 Likes

Loki appears to be copying the Mindless Attack. Immediately after copying, Loki is damaged.

1 Like

Yes, 144 damage so a regular mindless slash attack.

This is bug sure because he must copy special skill

Well, in this specific situation it is the special skill of this hero as the mindless attack overrides the real special skill.

3 Likes

I think mindless attack is a status effect that “overwrites hero skills from normal skills to mindless attack”. Instead of fixing Loki’s skill, I think it is necessary to fix “mindless attack” so that it does not overwrite the hero’s skill, so it seems to be surprisingly difficult to fix.

Here are some screenshots showing how the mindless attack status debuff overwrites the target’s special.

Before:

After:

Imo Lord Loki is working correctly here, as he is copying the target’s special as it is when cast. I don’t think this needs to be fixed as this seems like expected behavior and can be avoided by just being aware of this before casting Lord Loki.

10 Likes

So it means Loki copy also status effect?
If so, then the cards description should be edited, otherwise this should be a bugs.

As @FighterJack shows above, Mindless Attack actually changes the skill. So what Lord Loki does is “correct”, but certainly unexpected. I certainly didn’t know it did that, and wouldn’t expect it.

I doubt it does so to attack heroes, as it works slightly differently (forces mana usage), which means Lord Loki would work differently on defense (if you’re brave enough to put him on D).

Changing MA is likely to unleash a horde of bugs, just like a lot of other things they’ve done. Not changing it is going to lead to this being an unending question.

I wonder what other negative effects Loki can be poisoned with?

I should have kept the circle around just the special and not included the status effect (fixed).

Loki doesn’t copy the status effects, just the specials. The mindless attack status effect is unique in that it literally overwrites the target’s special from what it was, which Loki could then copy this new (and detrimental) special.

@Pompitous - I’m not aware of any other effect that changes what the target’s special is for Loki to copy. Although other ways Loki’s special could backfire would be to copy say Isarnia while Mitsuko’s reflect is up. See edit below. A better example I guess is using on Odin with Ursena’s holy reflect up.

Imo this is how I would expect Loki’s special to work given how mindless attack already works. There is already some situational awareness that should be used when firing Loki like the above Isarnia Odin/Ursena example. Not using Loki on someone with mindless attack is just another one, and easily avoided.

Edit: As @Zathrus pointed out Loki would be reflected before he could copy/cast Isarnia’s special…so I’m not sure what would happen in this situation.

If Mitsuko’s reflect is up… I wonder what happens. The attempt to copy should reflect (he’s blue after all), which would then result in villain slash, which should reflect too…

I’ll be completely unsurprised if one or both things fail to work properly though. Needs to be tested.

1 Like

That is a good point! Yeah I’m not sure what the behavior should be then, but you are right in that Loki should be reflected.

So, I think they overwrote the special with MA as a “cheap fix” on defense. Defense always fires when mana is full (and not silenced), so hey… just change the skill, and it works automatically!

But they can’t do that for offense heroes, because no smart player would willingly fire when MA was on. So it’s entirely different logic… and completely baffles me why they’d do that for defense when you have to implement another method for offense… which should also work for defense.

Maybe they will end up changing it. But it still works on offensive heroes too because the target “Automatically cast Mindless Attack on a random ally when mana is full” - the decision to fire or not is taken away, and only prevented by not filling mana.

Are you sure? I’m referencing the OP Video. Why 2nd Loki copy mindless attack status? That is what happen in that video.

Okay it means, if the statuses is Minless Attack, then Loki copy special status NOT the actual special skill of the hero it self, because it changed.
And this is only happen for Mindless Attack status and maybe the like Hansel and Gretel, and maybe Miki. ???

TLDR; what will the opponent/target will cast in current position, that will be copied by Loki. Is this correct? If this is what intended, then it is not bugs, but too complex to describe it.

Seems like find another matrix bug, but i think beta testers didnt test this situation…

It’s an interesting distinction, but he didn’t copy the status effect but rather the new special. In the video Loki never received the mindless attack status effect.

If I’m understanding you correctly, this is exactly right. To be more clear I’m reading this as “then Loki copies the mindless attack special, NOT the actual special of the hero itself because it changed.”

I don’t think either of these cases changes the target’s special - but I’ll double check (with Peter’s silence since I don’t have Mki) and add screenshots below.

I think an easier way of explaining this is to look at whatever the target’s special currently is, and that is what I would expect Loki to cast. I would say Jott is an example of a bug, since it is not cast as Loki’s “own Special Skill” but rather as Jott’s special.

Hansel debuff (doesn’t change special)

Peter’s debuff (also doesn’t change special)

I don’t have Lord Loki to test, but because their specials didn’t change I would expect Loki to be able to copy them.

Yes I see both Loki does not have any status effect.
And what do you mean with new special? It is status effect MA ailment exacly suicide self-attack.

The 2nd Loki in left side COPY the status ailment, not like the 1st Loki cast in the right side.
Let me clear it up:

1. 1st Loki (right side) cast to Alfrike, copied and create status ailment (Midless Attack) on Joon, Zimkitha and Alfrike
  2. 2nd Loki (left side) cast to Alfrike, now Alfrike is on condition has status ailment Mindless Attack, so Loki copied not the Alfrike special, instead the status Ailment, because Alfrike ready to cast self-attack, then so do Loki.

This means if oppponent has MA status ailment, then Loki is suicide.

EDIT: OK, I understand now, Mindless Attack is the only one that can change the special skill into different action. So just do not cast to Mindless Attack which will become suicide or attack random allies.

1 Like

So we need some comments of SG agents: any idea how to fix or its not a bug, as usual?