Loot Tiers - Global Beta - Monster Island

More tiers would make it easier to sort alliances, but I imagine they want to keep it simple with 3 tiers, which is why we’re going to get sorting problems.
I think they should rework the HP permanent so that it only applies after the attack which gives an opportunity to use an overhealer to counteract, but that’s another issue. Loot was lackluster, but I imagine that’s because it was a beta.

@Quinn3 the Apex monsters certainly seemed alot tougher then 6* Titan. I barely got 20,000 score and my other attacks were less . 40,000 - 60, 000 on 9* Titan would be typical for me. After 4 or 5 atracks on Apex monsters I stopped and attacked Hordes only as at least I could do a little damage. Part of the issue too is you basically only get 1 battle from each hero with the permanent damage and loss of HP penalties

1 Like

Me too. I also got assigned to hard. And I can tell that apex on hard (about 1,5M HP) were much smaller than 8* titans (about 2,5M HP), as 8* is the top level for my alliance. Even so, we didn’t manage to kill a single apex…

1 Like

That was my impression. The scores I got were somewhat consistent with 8* titans. They also seemed to hit as hard. I recall my Nordri getting killed in 2 shots or so and that’s usually what I expect from an 8* titan without any def bonuses or atk down.

Smaller, yes, but they hit hard and have a defense that are I think equivalent of 8* titans.
The problem is that our alliance can kill 8* titans with difficulty as it’s usually just a handful of us doing the majority of the damage, and the majority of the alliance doing minimal. With the island event set up as it is, it reduces (or punishes) the chances of repeated attacks. At the end (2nd monster), I ended up killing it with 100-200k of damage, but that took a lot of energy (100+ for my last attack). I did it simply because it was near the end of the event and wanted a key to open the last chest we had found. But keep in mind we only explored about half the island.

2 Likes

Our Alliance did ok… We could have done better… But we focused early on hordes rather than Apex monsters because the information about the event CLAIMED that you could get keys from hordes… I suppose technically that was true, since after eliminating over a DOZEN hordes we came up with one lousy key…

The chests were quite modest in their loot, given what it takes to open one. All told, we only found the one key. We found maybe nine chests, and eliminated twenty or so hordes… And found one lousy key.

Had we been able to open all nine of the chests, the loot MIGHT have justified the total time invested. As it was, the time was a complete waste.

I recognize this was a beta launch, but if the next iteration of the event is similarly stingy, then I doubt the players in my alliance will give it a third chance. This was nonsense.

1 Like

You forget that each hit suffered drops your permanent health. Thus it starts as an 8*, but next attack your heroes have less health, which means the Apex remains the same but your legendary heroes start to move to 4* strength and then 3*s.

If you kill 10* Titans your alliance dont all have deep pockets to have 50+ legendaries in their roster, we can barely manage half the alliance taking legendaries to war on all 6 attacks.

Thats the difference, top alliances often loses what it was like when you were level 50, we just dont have the same firepower and member count.

Now we have 15 members, fighting 10*s. So half the members and a lot lower titan strength, fighting the same tier as 7dd and alike is crazy.

But looking at the participation loot “lowest loot”, there is a massive disconnect between Hard and Medium, to be fair, the event needs to rank you according to your total alliance level, not just Titans. I saw the top finisher in easy had higher points than us except Titans, so they obviously dropped their Titan score to be able to unfairly compete in easy.

I say, make it fool proof, look at the average alliance points over the entire period between events and rate on that. No alliance will forsake Titans for a 2 month period just to do easy.

Do this and make the loot tiers the same for each, thats fair and will make all players want to compete. We all know that feeling of, looking at the leaderboard with your alliance half way through sitting on 500,000 score and the top alliance at #1 in 9 million, players just loses interest immediately.

What they did was create a new alliance and everyone jumped on board a day or so before the event started. Hence it had no history. After they’re done, they’ll just jump back to their regular alliance until the next monster island event comes around. It’s similar to the war alliance shuffle when the war history was with the alliance so people were opening their chest, then jump to the second alliance and start over again. That stopped when the war history was pushed onto the players.
We obviously can’t do that with titan history, but like I suggested before, using metrics based on the players should be a sanity check to make sure you don’t have an alliance full of level 80 players competing with low ranked new alliances.

1 Like

My alliance killed maybe 6 or 7 hordes and got 2 keys. One alliance member who didn’t know better openned a relic chest, so we only got 1 treasure chest. We ranked 13k, which gives some insight on how for many people this event will be just participation rewards.

PD: we got into the hard tier when my alliance kills 6*-8* titans, apex monsters are an impossibility.

1 Like

Only about half our team actually bothered. We explored 51% of the island, had 3-4 relics and 4 real chests. I was highest scorer and ended with 35 of each token, 15 of two emblem types, 2 3* mats, and a handful of other stuff. Given that it was “placeholder” loot, that wasn’t so bad, but nothing in comparison to the effort put in.

1 Like

Either you guys got very lucky or we got very unlucky… But agreed on the impossibility of the apex monsters. Without permanent damage, my alliance generally requires an average of ~five attacks per member to drop an 8* titan. That’s with no permanent damage and instant refill on items.

For this, If we all attacked an apex monster many would have had their party eliminated by the middle of the second attack, and that means the upper levels of us would have required at least 6 attacks apiece, wiping two full teams apiece and exhausting a huge amount of battle items.

It didn’t seem to be worth it for the minor loot in the chests, we probably could not have taken out more than one or two apex monsters in total… So we went horde smashing, and got almost nothing for our many hours of effort.

They need to increase the key drop to at least 50% or better for hordes and a guaranteed 3 keys for the apex monsters…AND THEN increase the loot in the chests. Even still it would be in the lower ranks of “rewards vs time” within the game… But the actual play of the event was fun, and that’s worth something too.

1 Like

I could be wrong but I can’t recall an instance where placeholder loot was increased when the event was tweaked/went live. There are also so many changes W3K needs that haven’t been addressed (loot especially) and it’s been around for how long now? Makes me wonder how many changes will be made to monster island after the first global launch.

Not holding my breath on meaningful improvements based on expectations set by the game’s history.

Will see what we see /shrug

1 Like

Totally agree…
The titans (apex- monsters) should be easier for smaller alliances.

Problem is, there might be only 500-800 alliances which could get down all apex monsters in hard mode. The loot tiers should be calculated in % of the number of alliances in each difficulty, like in tournaments.

Happy gaming

1 Like

There is no need to let titans go. You just create new alliance a day before the event, move all members there leaving some weak alt as a placeholder in original alliance, and voila, you fight on easy. Then after event you go back and have a 10* titan to kill. And after a week you are back to chaining 14*…

1 Like

rewards need to be 10X what they were to make it worth it

1 Like

Well then theres that, they should just be banned outright.

It creates a very sour taste in the mouths of the people than actually want to try and might not be as strong!

In W3K it was increased. Only for top tiers, but it was.

If only they change the alghoritm for assignment of alliances to difficulty levels, it will be good. If not, probably smaller alliances will just opt-out of this, or more actve players will start creating separate alliances dedicated to this event and kept on low titan levels.

Agree as long as they fix the loot to be better fro lower tiers as well.

Our alliance ended below 400 on hard meaning we got worst loot, and still it miles better than loot at the top of Medium or easy tier. If I was in an alliance that ended 2nd in medium and still got worse loot than over 400 on hard, Id be seriously … 20 longggggg spaces

It’s all within the rules, so it’s not going to happen (ban). The whole war swap was going on for years before they addressed it and you can be sure the players who did that didn’t have any issues.

Why banning people for using a loophole in badly designed game concept? Better to close that loophole, for example change the criteria to seelect difficulty level. War score would be much better measure of the alliance strength. Or sum of strength of all ascended heroes in players’ rosters.