Loot from Clash of Knights is a JOKE

Finished in top 10k and 109 for alliance and I can categorically say the loot was SHOCKING. In comparison to the last time this event was run it is disgusting what SG have done and my comments echo what everyone in my alliance is saying. SG you should be ashamed with yourselfs

20 Likes

You are not alone. Someone else has posted the same thing:

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/clash-of-knights-loot-was-a-joke/259356?u=samme

10 Likes

Yes is underwhelming, but if you got in top 100 ally it’s way better.

2 Likes

Loot the last time this event was on. How many people can get in Top 100?!?!?! We finished 113 as an alliance this time. Seriously not worth the time or edfort

5 Likes

I’m not a top player in a top alliance, but I spent a LOT of time and resources just to finish (it was definitely harder this time than the last one)and to remain in the top 100k to be in a slightly better loot bracket. The reward for that was an absolute joke! Nothing at all worthwhile, and not even a single little aether. The alliance loot was better than the player loot, and we finished in the bottom tier(there WERE a couple of aether’s in the bottom rung alliance loot-go figure). I’ve been playing long enough to know to temper my expectations, but come on–the next loot bracket is top 10k which was simply unobtainable so there is nothing to play beyond top 100k. It’s even worse for lower players in the alliance who are trying their best to just help unlock the next levels for the higher players. I think the next time no pressure will be put on our alliance members at all, and if we don’t get the last stage unlocked, so be it. Everyone will at least save a lot of time and loot.

7 Likes

Finished in top 10k and 109 for alliance and I can categorically say the loot was SHOCKING. In comparison to the last time this event was run it is disgusting what SG has done and my comments echo what everyone in my alliance is saying. SG you should be ashamed with yourselfs

1 Like

This was my loot.

That Scabbard was delicious!

No 5* aether either :confused:

3 Likes

Vinny101 first, congrats on the high finishes for yourself and your alliance-those are awesome scores! It would be nice to finish an event and be like, hey that was actually worth it. I think the ones with fixed rewards are the only ones that maybe are worth it, because you at least know what you are playing for. And it’s ashame, because I do actually like playing everything (even the towers), but the incentive to try to do well is simply not there

5 Likes

Nexus1254 I’m actually jealous looking at your loot. Mine was not even half that good.

2 Likes

The loot was pretty terrible BUT that’s exactly what it was advertised as.

Everything below top 100 was not worth the items spent to complete it.

I decided to because I like it but I was under no illusions at all that the returns would not be acceptable for the effort.

Apologies to anyone that didn’t realise this.

3 Likes

My alliance finished in 13,745th, so bottom loot tier. I finished 24,815th, so again bottom loot tier. I was one of the few in my alliance to finish legendary, didn’t redo levels to improve scores and only worried about completion, not score. Even so, the difficulty scaling this time around was such that it was a beast to complete all three tiers. My alliance struggled to unlock legendary because it was just to hard for most of our players to complete any tiers.

And for that effort, both myself and my alliance get the same exact loot tier as an alliance where everyone plays only one level of rare and then blows off the rest. So this brings up the obvious question: WHY TRY? WHY BOTHER? There is NO reward offered for doing so.

And don’t start in on bragging rights. A willingness to submit to the self-torture that is this event is nothing to brag about.

OK, there are the completion chests at the end of each tier. Well, the contents of those are stunningly awful, too. They in no way reflect a reward worthy of the effort required to open them. And that’s for those that even can get there; many cannot. So again, why bother?

I was barely able to convince my alliance to push hard enough to unlock legendary this time. After opening their rewards, I am pretty sure I’ll never be able to convince any of them to do it again. In fact, I suspect that they’ll all just play one level and blow off the rest. That way they can qualify for the lowest loot tier at the end, which is all they got this time after tremendous effort. Especially now that they know that any more effort invested will not give them an increased reward. So honestly, why should they put in more effort than the bare minimum when their payout at the end will always be the bare minimum anyway?

7 Likes

Unfortunately this was to be expected.

While the previous alliance quest netted my alliance members quite a few Aether 3s, this one did not. Out highest scoring member got none.

This is a result of SG caving into pressure from top players to improve their alliance quest loot. As a result, the odds of getting good loot were redistributed from lower tiers to only top 100 alliances or players.

1 Like

Top 10k player and top 1k alliance

1 aether2, 3 aether1. Damn like tourney reward with extra weapon and material.

1 Like

I agree, I think the brackets need to be seriously tweaked. On the alliance side, there is seriously no incentive at all unless you are in one of the very best alliances out there. And for players, having 2nd loot tier starting at top 100k and the next at top 10k is just ridiculous, too. All that combined with a crazy high difficulty level=why even bother? And I have no illusions about expecting big dividends, and I do like to play and replay to push myself to improve, but if they’re going to keep making it more difficult while at the same time less worth it…?

Merge ?

(Loot from Clash of Knights is a JOKE)

Two of my accounts got similar Aether loot

But only did Rare, Stage 1

FIN

4 Likes

While I spent a ■■■■ load of items in order to complete everything and stay on top…

2 Likes

I’m perfectly fine with the top players getting improved rewards, it’s well deserved. But why in the world decrease the sub-100 rewards, let alone in such a dramatic fashion? It makes absolutely no sense.

The stupidest part is giving essentially the same loot to 101-1,000 than to 1,001-10,000. Imagine being ranked 101 - which takes a tremendous amount of time, effort and resources - and ending up without any 5* aether to show for it?

There is absolutely no incentive to chase the top 1k. Players get terrible loot, SGG sells fewer WE refills and resources, everyone loses.

6 Likes

Absolutely that. I was all in favour of decent rewards for the top scorers even though I never expect to be more than a bottom scorer myself. Guaranteed loot rolls of 4* and 5* aethers sort of thing, maybe a cap on the likes of me getting more than, say, 3*. Not a problem. But it seems they’ve gone for making top 100 competitive by squeezing everyone else until the pips squeak. Anyone at SG ever heard of the happy medium?

1 Like

Not to mention that top 1k is pretty competitive too. They should’ve guaranteed a 5* aether for this tier as well, while guarateeing multiple ones for 1-100 and I would’ve been all in.

I compete in every challenge event, but I didn’t bother with this one, nor will I in the foreseeable future if they don’t improve the top 1k loot. As it stands, saving resources and settling for the top 10k is the best course of action.

1 Like