Logic behind Guin's Special and Recent Change in Perfect Riposte

Never stop questioning things! Within reason. The right reasons, obviously. :wink:

Your ideas would work. The problem is it would change the gameplay and the balance, with seen and unforseen consequences. Can’t do that to a game and/or players. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is funny

So the fix to guin is to give every other hero 121% mana??

Does that mean proteus and hel and Merlin and Hansel and Li xiu and Chao need nerfing?? The point of these specials is to restrict others from activating theirs!

And two… guin has been around how long without a nerf? They’ve introduced more powerful heroes since her arrival and they aren’t gonna roll her back now. It’d alienate so many people that pulled her. She’s part of the game and someone has to be best and someone has to be worst looks at elkanen, Thorne and Leo sulking in the corner

Back to the op - don’t fire your red crystal if it’s gonna trigger her special. Play a different move in the short term, maybe still a red up the middle and then fire the crystal when there aren’t gems gonna load her special up? Fire your special a turn later…

The whole skill to this game is knowing when to fire and sometimes when not to

1 Like

This has all gotten a tad deep for me. I only submitted a request to the devs to reinstate for a dying hero to reflect damage as he/she shuffles of their mortal coil.
A debate drilling down into the source code of the game is way above my pay grade :thinking::exploding_head::skull:

1 Like

I didn’t ask how to fight Guin because she’s not invincible; I got her as well. Just like the topic, I’ve tried to relate it to the Perfect Riposte argument. She and a couple of others can stop the enemies from going off when they’re about to, which I find problematic.

If your hero could charge their specials as soon as they’re full or Guin (and other ones) can’t stop him/her from firing as soon as they’re full, that would be fairer imo.

I’m not sure if this is merely a request for nerfing her. I killed 5-6 Guin tanks daily when I raid, not that hard. It’s just the way her special works is bothering me.

I think Guin can still reduce the mana like the card says, but her enemies with full mana can go off at that point too. Would that do-able IT wise? :smiley:

And sorry didn’t mean to give you headache.

1 Like

No.

Just no.

Where do you draw the line on that?

Let’s say someone has lianna special come ready on tiles that max guins mana… does lianna get to fire the special and kill guin before her special fires?

You’re suggesting that the game mechanics are completely altered so that specials are fired at the end of a players turn - not the beginning.

The aim on raids is to wipe out a hero completely with tiles, or max your heroes mana without triggering enemy specials so you can wipe them out on the next turn.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’m not an IT guy. And yup that doesn’t sound right. Let’s just say this is a suggestion rather than a request.

If I had to provide a solution, maybe make her special work like Hel in the sense that she can’t stop your hero from going off if his/her mana is full so that your guys can strike just right after Guins turn.

So the card could say 'silence enemies that are fully charged for 1 turn and reduce the mana of the rest by 20%.

Does this sound better? :smiley:

Ok. Here’s a thought.

The Guin card could say this: ‘silence enemies (like Peter’s) that are full for 1 turn (or 2) and reduce the mana of the rest by 20%’

What do you think?

1 Like

Ok, I think this is one of those times you should actually stop questioning things. :grin:

You based your argument on one thing, and now have altered the base of your argument at several points. I think that shows your argument isn’t very solid. :wink:

I love your enthusiasm, but I still fail to understand what you actually want to change, and why. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What if we adjusted every card so they all worked normal for everyone else, but not when I’m attacking?

That way all my specials fire and my team wins everything Cos nobody gets hurt…

Just a suggestion…

Edit.
On reading this back, it probably sounds a little more hostile than I intended, but really… if you honestly don’t have an issue with guin or beating her, I don’t understand the five or six suggestions to adjust her special in a way that means your gravemaker still gets to fire. Let gm have 120% mana. Change her special to silence. Make her special wait a turn before using.

Cmon man. Some card has to be the best of the defensive tank options… it’s guin. If it wasn’t, it’d be another one with slightly different mechanics but people would still want to change it.

Maybe play bejeweled? Match 3 game without having to worry about this heroes better than my hero and should be changed so I win more

1 Like

Riposte logic does not apply because Gravemaker is not killed in the process.

What you are looking for is a new hero that allows for approx. 150% of mana to accumulate as the special. That way, when Guinevere hits your heroes, they can still be able to fire their special right afterwards if they’ve saved up enough extra mana.

It would indeed be a new defensive counter vs. Guinevere. I’m all for that. Rather than nerfing Guinevere, introduce more heroes with ways that can aid against her.

2 Likes

That would weaken all the other mana decreasing heroes too. Bad idea. Chao, Li Xiu, Leonidas…are gonna be worthless.

1 Like

There’s already at least one hero with a equivalent-ish ability - Red Hood - and more will likely come (if not already in S2). But then again - there’s several heroes able to block Guin, or any hero, from firing, so this is obviously not something that will solve the ‘issue’.

OP is suggesting either a new mechanics or permanent ability, which will not (and should not) happen.

2 Likes

Sure it would weaken those heroes as well. But make them worthless?

Say I have a Joon. I use a future hero to raise his max mana to 150%. I use tiles to bring him to that point.

Without Guin/Chao/Li/Leo, he fires at the next turn, and I can flip 4ish tiles and he fires again.
With Guin/Chao/Li/Leo, he still fires at the next turn, but it’ll take 7 tiles before he can fire again.

Also, draining 35% mana from 150% mana is a larger drain than draining 35% mana from 100%. One might say that in that absolute sense, this actually buffs Guin/Chao/Li/Leo :wink: I know, that’s a very onesided view missing the greater picture.

But perhaps this ability should not come in 150% for all, but rather in 150% for target + 120% for rest/adjacent. I’ll leave the balancing to the pros :wink:

1 Like

yes originally if you shot 500 damage at a 115% riposter regardless if the riposter died or not you took 575 damage.

1 Like

Along this line, look at Red Hood. Her little foxes prevent mana stealing from Guin et al.. Six months ago this feature wouldn’t have seemed very interesting; but now it’s a great trick. (It’s not easy, though, to get the foxes in place before Guin casts.)

I could imagine another implementation of minions, where they could hold “spillover” mana. Each minion could hold, say, two tiles-worth of mana. If I make three match-3s, then the mana minion on my fast hero absorbs one tile of mana. When the hero casts, the minion sends that mana back down, so now I only need 7 tiles to cast again. If Guinevere steals two tiles-worth of mana from my full average-mana hero, then one full mana minion could send those two tiles-worth of mana back down, allowing the hero to cast immediately after Guin.

Ta Da!

2 Likes