Livewave Antenna Add - scam/exaggerated?

Hi @Petri,

I expect that SG don’t necessarily sign up to specific adds for Mystic Vision and they’re probably bundled from Google, or whoever contracts all the ads for this sort of deal.

But I’m assuming you guys have some way of feeding back inappropriate content?

I have grave reservations about the Livewave antenna add

A quick search for reviews produces the same parroted article that appears to be objective but then just blends into thinly veiled advert.

Seemingly more genuine customer reviews hidden on page two are highly critical.

The mystic vision add shows that this plug allows you to receive free Sky TV, which is either a lie or piracy targeting the naïve, vulnerable and elderly.

I’m sure SG would not want to be associated with such a product.

Kind regards,

JB

Edit:
If anyone has info to the contrary, please share :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

If it’s just a digital antenna, it would pick up free tv that is already broadcasted for free

At least in the states.

Those antennas started coming out when our public television broadcastings went from analog to digital

I have not seen the ad though. The product may very well suck but it doesn’t sound like it’s breaking laws. It’s similar to buying a set of rabbit ears at the store.(i could be misunderstanding the whole thing)

Ok, is it likely to provide cable channels free of charge?

It might just be a regulatory environment that I’m unfamiliar with, in which case I’ll get back in my box :slightly_smiling_face:

Certainly in the UK, anything that provides free sky/Netflix content is bogus

1 Like

Not likely to provide cable channels free of charge outside of the cabel channels that are already free of charged. Cable services here typically include some local channels which the digital antenna would have access to.

I’ll search for the product later today and see exactly what it is

Thanks Rigs.

If it’s just a bit of creative license within norms then that’s no different from any other product and I’ll bin the topic :recycle:

1 Like

Just looked at the product and it says for “local hd channels” its the Digital equivalent of having rabbit ears. Totally legal in the states and many cable providers actually provide them free of charge.

Yer, I’m more concerned about the video add, which shows lovely HD Sky images.

But sounds like it’s constructively misleading rather than illegal.

And that’s just par for the course in advertising :upside_down_face:

I’d be interested to see what other people think of the mystic vision, but sounds like I need to take my crusade to Congress :crazy_face:

In Germany Livewave Antenna Company is a fraud. The add says that you can also receive TV which you usually have to pay for which is not true. But anyway you pay the money and the antenna won’t come…your money is lost. Additionally the company is a “Letterbox” company without a special seat - sometimes in London, sometimes in the Netherlands or sometimes in Hamburg. So no chance to get your money back.

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know - we’ll look into this ad @JonahTheBard!

By the way, you can always report any inappropriate ads by tapping the icon at the left bottom corner after you have finished viewing the ad. You will be presented Privacy Settings view, and you can find the Report ad button underneath.

3 Likes

Thanks Petri

I didn’t know about that button.

Feel free to close the thread :+1:

3 Likes