Little John vs Grimm (no other ofensive green around)

Hello people. I really want to emblem Little John but im not sure until what point or until which node.

I have 132 barbarian emblems. If i reset gormek i could go to 200.

I know the logical option and optimal too is put them on grimm but im lacking on green options having only kashhrek maxed besides little john.

I remember an user @olmor if im not wrong who had a full emblemed little john. He took defense route and it seemed a solid all aroud hero.

So the question is.
Is it crazy to put the emblems on LJ and put asaide the embleming thing on grimm until i summon a better option for the color?
I can reset all the emblems and only lose food and iron

I suggest you to go with him until +14 (14th being a def node). Go right-right-right-left-left. Therefore mainly defense, but also atk where possible. He doesn’t need more than +14 for now… After you finish these nodes, you may begin Grimm if you don’t get a barbarian 5* worth of emblems.

4 Likes

Thanks @Scarecrow . I will do that.

I found an image that someone posted time before. He took exactly that right path you suggeted above.

Here’s mine on alt account. I stopped at +14 though I have 65 emblems sitting in my inventory. But it is not necessary. Grimm is +19, LJ +14 and I save the emblems for a future good barbarian. I won’t do the mistake to use emblems only to reset after and waste a lots of resources, if I get a good hero. +14 is quite fine…

3 Likes

You know how many barbarian emblems costs to emblem Up to +14?

And if you dont mind could you upload a picture of your lj? To see the final result

Thanks in advance

I just did it above :slight_smile: 320 emblems for +14

L.E. If you referred to a picture with his stats… 793-641-1060

2 Likes

He’s also a solid hero tbh, I find he’s underrated around here in this forum. Almost like a hit-all version of Proteus, as -63% mana delay makes even v. fast heroes take considerable hits to charge their skills.

I agree to go defense primarily though as he’s very frail and needs all the help he can get with surviving hits

1 Like

I disagree…attack path makes him a might fine hitter. His defense is too low to make any real difference on his survivability IMO. Might as well make him as deadly as possible while he’s still alive!

2 Likes

Sorry Bro . Despite your little John is a real hitting truck, and i like It . I took Daves wise.

Here is mine in process

@DaveCozy

1 Like

4 Likes

I should probably add that this isn’t a bad idea either, depending on goals and playstyle. If you prefer his higher attack, then attack path makes absolute sense – his stats lean that way.

To deviate a bit with Grimm, I use him myself to compete in monthly challenge events, and I emblemed mine towards the attack path for that reason.

But most other players I know chose defense path, and frankly I think there’s different roads to success with Barbarians like Grimm, Little John and Gretel. See this conversation:

I myself don’t use mono-green often for events or quests, it’s mostly raiding. So that’s why I prefer my L.J. focused on defense.

3 Likes

I only need him for his mana debuff and he should become as sturdy as possible to survive until his cast even in high diamond raids and heavy quests. I never thought of high tile damage or hard hitting with him, so I wanted him sturdy and healthy.

3 Likes

I think this comes down to your play style…no wrong answer here.

This is my LJ…

If you have not many green options, having only Kashrek and Little John, I don’t think adding emblems to LJ will help that situation? Grimm is really good, and I think he is better choice IMO. Just wait for better greens. I think you might have remorse focusing your emblems on him.