Life as a new FTP player in today's E&P

Those things come from within us, not from the game. They are also equally in our control to purge.

2 Likes

You completed season 1 already?! Gratz!
But nowadays there is this LB option to make 3* stronger
Back in the day beating the dark lord with 3* was extremely hard

1 Like

Agreed… I remember retrying the dark lord level many times the first time and finding it super difficult.

This time I found the last stage of Morlovia significantly harder than the Dark Lord. But I also prepared better and had better knowledge - I used axes and bombs to take out the 2 elites straight away. I then had 2 ghosting lanes to keep getting yellow tiles in order to charge up the others parcitularly Kailani and Aqueela who kept me alive through the boss specials. He charges slowly so it is mostly OK. That said, he has almost 20K HP so it was a protracted battle and I had to use super antidotes whenever I did get hit, and mana potions whenever Kailani wasn’t ready in time. But yeah with the proper team and proper preparation I was able to do it on the first attempt.

2 Likes

And prior knowledge would have helped.

Yeah… :slight_smile:

I didn’t feel that 6* titans reqiure that advanced an alliance, and I started the POV a couple of days late so I would have gotten the points through some other daily challenges had I started from the beginning. And I think mercing for titans is probably now a lot more common than it was before due to the POV requirements.

But in the end kind of moot, because I was too lazy to go through with it and ended up this short of the points to get the mat.

I guess it depends on your definition of advanced alliance. Before our alliance merger we had about a dozen players who played for a few years and while some were more active than others, our limit was around 6 or 7.

I was in a FTP alliance, we made it to 10★s. So, 6★s isn’t something crazy. There’s quite a few alliances that hit higher level (9+) titans that just require participation.

I’m interested in when you get your fated summons. You’re starting with a relatively clean slate and the portal is new.

I find this post very interesting because I am a F2P player who has been at it almost 5 months now. I am enjoying growing my team and all that. I read about these superstud lineups and everything, but know I will never reach that.

I feel I’ve had some successes; I have gotten 2 HOTM plus one other 5*, and two appear to be considered “quality” based on this forum: Tahir and Joon. I have a stable of 3* and a few 4* I’m happy with (been riding Belith and Boril hard), and I’m getting close to getting my base to 20 so I can up my training camp to 20. I’m not the weakest player in my alliance’s wars, although I’m not near the best. I feel proud to have reached level 32, and am still growing.

I’ve surely made mistakes, but by being ignorant of how things “should” be done, I’m not too bothered by them. This is just my personality speaking: as soon as I’d spend money, this would become work.

7 Likes

Any updates on progress this week?

I’m over a year in and haven’t received a single 5* from a portal other than HOTM, but I have 3 of those (Kara, Tahir, and Celidana - none even at 3/70 yet). Got Azlar from TC20 as my only other 5* so far (also not yet leveled). I feel like I’ve gotten some quality 3* and OK costumes on S1 3* and 4* - but for now I’m just trying to build up some depth in 4* for various game modes. New superior talent thing is nice for the S1, but also means some of the 5* teams I face in raids (which have a lot of S1 at my level) have gotten much harder. Horghall’s minions are tough, Magni revives and fires 3x in a row, etc. Still glad to be F2P, though and enjoying it for what it is.

2 Likes

Not too many updates, but here goes:

• Another rare quest done, the team can handle these pretty easily now
  • Out of the raid tourney at 6/10. The last one was probably a win but I lost connection which sucked big time, especially as my defense is a solid A. If I get enough gems from my current elemental chest I may buy back in - the 30+ emblems, handful of aethers and chance of a gold coin are very valuable rewards at this stage.
  • 5 pulls from costumes chamber got me gunnar, azar, tyrum, oberon, kailani. Not the best, but I think C Gunnar will be good for map stages with my current team and as tank in some raid tournies. Tyrum gives dispel and cleanse option, both of which I was lacking.
  • Got Jariff from the season 5 portal. Again a 3* but he is pretty decent, my best sniper with a nice passive. Will be useful.
  • Mystic vision is truly the bomb, Many emblemes and costume keys come from here, as well as one 4* mat so far.
  • Costume quest is super hard at my level. Just haven’t been able to beat level 7. I am working towards upgrading my crafting building to get to the 400hp bombs - once I have those it should open up additional opportunities at defeating key difficult stages with a 4000+hp boss carpet bombing option. 2 stronghold and crafting levels away.
  • Looking forward to the next Farholme pass. It will give me my first compass which will allow my first 4* final ascension (Tibs)
  • Good progress in Atlantis, almost onto province 19

Overall a bit disappointing in terms of the number of 3* pulls but I have a really solid 3* team that is allowing me constant progression through PVE stuff which is vital for future roster enhacnement

7 Likes

Tahir is an incredibly powerful sniper. Cadelina may not need to be leveled, I use her for questing, keeping her at level 1 for now.

5 months in, reached level 33. Had some really nice pulls this month, Ana-Belle and from the costume chamber Lianna and Khagan, which really excites me.

I’m levelling up Celidana and Ana-Belle as fast as I can. I know everyone is down on Celi, but my Boldtusk is on hold while I gather materials, leaving me fully charged Belith as my big healer. So I’m trying to give myself flexibility in healing.

I got Gramps and Helo to 3/50. I plan on using them with maxxed Kvasir on a 3* Misfit team!!

For the Pets challenge, I completed Rare without too much difficulty, but crapped out on level 8 in Epic. For Morlovia, I can’t get past level 8 in Advanced.

I’m enjoying the challenge!

My two current goals are:
to get to TC20 (Stronghold is there, currently at TC18 and building.) Although from what I’ve read, it doesn’t sound like I’m all of a sudden going to be overwhelmed with studs.
to save enough gems to reach my first 10-pack, really hoping to be able to use it on Black Friday.

Finished morlovia advanced today, not bad for an all 3* team!

Used 3 scrolls of alteration, axes, bombs and minor manas

11 Likes

Nice work! I like 3* heroes more than 4* and 5*. It feels more engaging in tournaments.

Mat drops have been pretty abundant for me in these 6 weeks. Quests plus 3 mystic visions plus a raid chest plus 2 elemental chests from memory

2 Likes

W3k

With this roster

Sonya came today.

2 os 1 almost os a couple of big cleans a couple of minor cleans and a few 1s. By the end i was saving my 2* feeders so i could form mono teams that would have a chance against the smallest cleans. I did do one vulture move to get the points to grab #1 spot, so my honour is somewhat compromised but otherwise id say i played honourably and team centric. Was a very close war and we could have won with a few more flags used. Flag use was much lower than on main acct and everyone struggled in the second half judging by the number of 1 scores i was seeing.

Got 100 coins for #1. Losing the skirmish the war and being a low level warband means the loot overall was rubbish but did get good crates and some emblems. Gan ju was my coin reward…

8 Likes

Amazing work Homaclese!

Do you have your ranks? As a low level account, it could gauge how many people signed up for W3K.

Total up the winning warbands. Multiply by 2 to get total number of participating warbands.

Multiply by 100 (estimate that all warbands are filled to capacity)

I have the max possible headcount:

Nov 22 = 929,400

Sept 22 = 957,400

July 22 = 986,400

May 22 = 1044,200

6 Likes