Life as a new FTP player in today's E&P

Look on the bright side…, they may drop from Zynga heaven.

1 Like

Biggest scalp to date in terms of hero difficulty. The tiles had to fall a very specific way for me to pull this off, but ill take it

Side note - erleng sheng(?) Having his attack down overeritten by c c vivs attack down for massive damage is one crazy skill. The synergies you could have in offense!

5 Likes

Dude, that was an exceptional victory. Vivica is really helping you get better so quickly. And with her healing and bonecrusher killing off weakened enemies, the sky’s the limit!

1 Like

Thanks!

I can’t understate how valuable C Ameonna is, especially as most of my other heroes are average or slow. Having that fast healing/defense up (and quite often complete special cancellation) support is critical to winning a lot of the time

1 Like

I really want to send a shout out to my daily raid team. Its almost like magic how you start with literally with nothing and through a fusion of hard work and fate a team of heroes bands together to join you in your journey. If I had closed my eyes 6 months ago and tried to imagine what team I would have I am certain I would not have come anywhere close to the reality.

Now this team is rather far from the much vaunted 7-tile kill team. Without actually counting I would probably say they are closer to a 100-tile kill team… but what they lack in speed they more than make up with pluck. And they work remarkably well together… the little ghost that protects the group from swords and arrows. The wizard that neutralises the most devastating magical attacks or stops the enemy from healing and recovering. The healer who weakens the enemy and pierces through their fortifying magics. The alchemist that slows weakens and poisons all of the enemy and the ape warrior that brings them down one at a time. Just really good synergy, but not thoughtless synergy. At each step of the way the right choosing the right special in the right sequence and targetting the right enemy is critical. And that is what makes this team so fun.

And best of all most of them have a long way to go before reaching their full potential, even if I don’t ever get a good hero to replace them (well, Lord Loki is coming soonish so there will be some shuffling happening. But don’t tell them). C C Viv can have her primary form maxed, emblemed and LB1 and LB2d. Bonecrusher has half emblemes, LB1 and LB2 to go. C Ameonna can be LB1d and LB2d. Peppermint has half emblemes, LB1 and LB2 available. Merlin sadly only has LB2 as an option, so he is somewhat of the weakest link… but still crucial to the team’s survival.

When these guys work well together no enemy can survive their their infamous 100 tile attack

4 Likes

For those that constantly complain that it’s not possible to earn gold tokens from challenge events as a F2P - here is some info from my own F2P secondary main, day 122 of creation, current challenge event stats:

And here is my current roster (because someone may say yeah but you had great luck with OP heroes to achieve it). Not quite:

I could improve my scores even more but decided against it - I’d rather stay on the very edge of where I want to be (top 10k rare 5k epic and 10k legendary) and farm Challenge Coins and experience on rare 2 until the event ends, rather than force the impossible with all my flasks and items.

I used zero Red flasks, but all of my free energy on this challenge event’s stages, be it Rare 2 for filling monster chest or farming, or other stages on all dificulty tiers in hopes of staying within the needed range.

Needless to say, the EHTs got me absolutely nothing from the Seasonal event portal but a 3* red wabbit who is almost useless nowadays. But already earned 26 ETT which will be spent on next Tower event (yeah, even Ninja, Ninja troops great for a beginner F2P).

8 Likes

Love to see this Saros!

3 Likes

what to say, hippo and gazelle look like 4 months old F2P account

I think you meant Panther. I don’t have a Guardian Gazelle anywhere on my accounts. Particularly on this one.

These are my pulls from the January challenge event:

And yeah, it happens. I have multiple alt F2P accounts to which I pay little attention, but even they assemble some gems or coins for a free pull occasionally and many of them have pulled pretty rare 5* heroes. You can also look at @Homaclese s pulls - those contain some pretty rare 5* heroes for a 6-month old F2P account.

Also scores on Epic and Rare are achieved without premium 5* naturally, so…

BTW, these things also can happen for a F2P account (from this morning and previous MVs):

2 Likes

We got lucky yesterday and could open war chests after our victory.
Got an alpha aether:

The six free aether summons got me another one.
So I breaked those two:

Have one more, thinking about Buster or Nordri. Nordri is more fragil, maybe he needs it more.
Still undecided.

Happy gaming

5 Likes

Just like everything else in this game, RNG plays a huge factor. I’m now about 1.5 years in as F2P - got some good 4* and costumes early on which allowed me to progress and compete. However, I STILL have only ever received a single non-HOTM 5* from a portal pull. I nabbed Onatel from FS and have landed 4 decent HOTM, but I wish I’d tracked actual number of portal pulls from the beginning because I’m significantly under the stated %.

Case in point, finished season 2 hard and season 4 normal this past month. Did about 20 pulls total from those 2 portals and got a single 4* (Gaderius). All the rest were 3* (mostly dups). So yeah, landing even a single good 5* early on can help a LOT, but I’m still waiting. At this point, I’d settle for a few more decent 4* even. Oh well, statistically I suppose it’s got to turn around at some point. After 1.5 years, though (and HA not built yet either), it’s frustrating to be sure…

So that’s my perspective on life as a (not so new anymore) F2P. :smiley:

3 Likes

Join the club. I’ve completed Season 2-4 and closing off 5 and never got a single legendary from the free coins in those seasons… coming up to 5 years. The majority of my legendaries are HoTMs and (obviously) S1. So yeah, everyone has a different experience when it comes to pull rates. I mean I must have done a few hundred based off of free coins which should at least get me one, but nada.

Edit: To add, I have 4x seasonals (Rana, Krampus, Mother North, Vanda) from the free EHT. 2x Event (Narcisa, Capt Kestrel) using gems in CF2 and Black Friday respectively, and from SE Lord Loki, Arco, with Freya from FS. So yeah, my pull rate is abysmal. But got Hatter from HA10… after running for a couple of years.

3 Likes

Well, I think we know who has the best f2p roster these days…

1 Like

I’m sorry, man, but I’m calling BS on this. The Hippo pull shows challenge events coins being earned, but those other pulls show what? 1500 to 1800 coins being spent? Way too many people on here claiming to be f2p and dumping mad gems into summons. “Oh, but here’s my math on how I managed to gain a ton of in-game currency without spending anything!” Just stop.

Some FTPs save for 10 pulls - actually many seem to go that way.

Personally I find it very difficult to save gems as I typically speed up my raid chests so my gem purcahses are one shot deals and are few and far between.

I don’t believe that @Saros has invested in mony in his account but by his own admission he has benefited from VIP from the start of the account because he has used the invitation mechanism across his various accounts, which has given him a bit of a boost in gem earnings.

I don’t know how frequently that is happening. I do know that some people say there are FTP what they are really saying is that they have been FTP for a certain period of time

3 Likes

I used free gems collected via normal in-game means, as well as utilizing the free ViP account gems. Those got me 8 single gem pulls (wasn’t even able to assemble for 10). That is what you see in my January Challenge event pulls.

Also you are correct coins can be earned, the normal way as well as fervently harvesting Rare-2 for xp and coins. Currently have 60+ saved by similar means and am waiting for the next CF1. You see, my goal wasn’t to get Hippo or cPanther. Those are great but I was aiming for Jackal and Falcon which would give me an earlier and stronger impact. Sadly I failed in getting both, but they are key for a F2P, which is why I am not pulling from other portals for now, saving all my resources in the hopes of getting both.

You see, the idea of being F2P is: get as many free resources as possible (including free ViP, which is not that hard, I literally have a way to make a 10-level alt from 0 in about 10-12 hours, also making multiples at the same time makes them easier to max together), and aim those resources at 1. Early development (meaning free pull from wherever possible in order to get some heroes to start earning rare resources ASAP) and 2. Key 3* and 4* non-S1 heroes - mainly costumes but also certain ones from CF1 and when that’s over - CF2 and S3.

As @Homaclese stated, I have a lot of F2P alt accounts - you see, when I started back in November 2020 I immediately made 40 to level 10 in order to give me and my GF the full free ViP benefit, as she wanted some gems (but not to spend) in order to pull. 20 of those alts I somewhat developed because we were lacking a good alliance and wanted to kill at least 5* titans, which of course meant that I had to have some help on the side. And as you can imagine, I cannot turn my full attention to those alts, but occasionally I earn some free pulls for one of them here and there. Also free gifts are extremely useful for those alts in terms of development and pulls, but it’s also not that big of a deal scrolling through them once a day, pickup their resources and press on some building upgrade.

I also created 20 more alts when I started my secondary F2P main account 4 and a half months ago (end of November 2022, I have screenshot to prove it) for the free ViP, and all those alts have had their share of free pulls here and there. And you won’t imagine what kind of heroes some of them have - pretty rare, despite the fact that some of them summon for free literally once a month. I have rare HOTMs like Delilah, 5* wizards like Nedezhda, recently pulled Waterpipe (was aiming for Nordri, you can see the irony here, really need Nordri on my alts to be more efficient vs Red titans, and having Waterpipe on an alt which I don’t plan ever to use in wars is simply a burden), two cMother North, Narcissa, a lot of costumed 5* , a cMaster Lepus…and the vast majority of those heroes are sitting at 1/1. I have no use for them there, but they are there, probably waiting for some good titan hero Soul Exchange - recently on one my semi-developed, older alts exchanged Saoirse for 15 5*, and some of them were rare ones.

One of my most developed F2P alts for example was so lucky that for some time I considered switching to it. For example that alt got top 1% reward from MT at the time when there was a bug present that you could get top 1% for 0 points inflicted…Also single pulls on that alt have been over the top with Xnolphod, cMarj, cLeo…literally when I say “I need this hero here” and pull, on this specific alt, in the vast majority I get that hero. Ofc most of the time I aimed for 3* like Treevil, Bertulf, Buster, Nordri…all received very easily.

So, long story short, yes, you can pull good stuff on a F2P accounts. Today for example, after finishing the Springvale medium tier, I got this on my F2P secondary main account:

BTW keep in mind that I used around 10 freely earned EHT so far on this portal and got absolutely nothing (well, except Squire Wabbit).

I understand that it’s hard to believe that this or that powerful 5* hero had been pulled for free. I was like that back in the days. But nowadays you have an enormous amount of free pulls as a F2P, and the more you can utilize, the better, and the chances of getting something good aren’t that low. For example, I already have 5 HOTMs on that secondary main. Granted, they aren’t the most useful ones (3x Viselus, Balur and Gilligan) but still nice to have them, even if only for Soul Exchange.

4 Likes

Haha yeah might be. But i’d love to have the same kind of luck for all other parts of life aswell… but thats not how it goes.

My streak also continues. I pulled Jasper from springvale on a singlepull, after i tried the “summon trick” that was discussed in another topic and it worked

If you have the time and energy to at least create 22 accounts. You can earn some 3000 gems from free vip passes.
You have to bring the first account to lvl5, there you can invite someone. Your second account ( the invited one) gets the free vip immediately if I remember right.
Then this 2nd account has to invite 20 others which you have to ascend to lvl. 10 each to get the vip passes. With the initial 100 gems and 30 gems every day you get some 3k gems for free. Take into acount that the early vip passes are only lasting for ten days.

You can use it for a ten - pull in CF1 and will get 10 non S1 heroes.

That is a good start.

Some maybe are claiming falsely they are ftp, but there are some very dedicated ftp with good rosters like Saros. E. g. my own account after 37 months ftp has 48 maxed 5*, 23-17-17-11-5 mana generating troops in every color and is playing in an alliance in the top 100 vicinity. Do not blame people without proof.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

While I do not have anywhere near the time & patience to create multiple accounts, it does seem like a good trick to get extra rewards.
One thing I have noticed with some younger players is that they seem to think free to play means grabbing the freebies.
I don’t think some of them realise what it actually means

2 Likes

Coming up to close to the 7 month mark and here is where I am at:

Got CC Khagan yesterday - was aiming for one of the good 4*s but I certainly won’t object to him making an appearance. The minions with 500+health will be a real factor in deciding the outcome of some battles.

Lord Loki is only 4 pulls away so plenty of excitement there for that too. Current project is Bee guy who will be quite useful vs minions (fs levelled anti minion hero) once LB2d. Will probably stick to C Sabina instead of bee guy costume vs enemy buffs, although she is currently made of glass without emblems or LB.

Still loving LB2s. Have managed to pick up 6 alpha aethers (2 from the initial pulls, 4 from random drops) so I still have 10 in stock after LBing quite a few 3*s already. Shrub has been my most game changing hero to date.

In terms of PVE I have now completed S3 normal, slowly chipping away at each season whenever the portal is on/opportunity presents itself.

12 Likes