Lianna or Albie, who gets my tonics for 4/80?

I’d argue for Lianna. Alberich does his magic just fine at 70. Lianna needs to be at 80 to shine.

4 Likes

Nvm found it lol. Looks like someone is writing a novel with her response next.

2 Likes

I have them both myself and I’ve been trying to come to a decision as well. My thoughts on it are there will be heroes that resurrect coming in December, and we don’t know if they’ll be better than Alby or not. Personally, I’m waiting to take Alby to 4T til I learn more. Plus, Evelyn will be here soon, so depending on how many pulls you do- she might also be worth waiting for.

If you decide not to wait, well then it depends on your roster, needs and priorities. In your main team, do you need an attacker or a healer more? Who do you think you’ll depend on, and use more? I’m thinking Alby, but they’re both so different it’s really hard to say. Also previously mentioned, you’ll get more benefits from ascending Lianna to 80 (since her attack stat is what matters) than you would by ascending Alby to 80 since everything he does is unrelated to stats.

It’s a tough decision, and since I can’t decide myself I’ll just sit here and read what the community thinks is the better choice :joy:

1 Like

Rumor has it some Beta testers are pushing hard to nerf [redacted] because of [redacted], [redacted] and [redacted].

The two arguments are [redacted] slows down game, and ALL Winter heroes have it, but the first Beta nerf goes too far to making it useless.

I really don’t want to discuss rumors because of the above.

The second argument is that [redacted] is Over Powered, see previous problem.

Several respected testers are rumored to argue Alberich is still better because his Heal Over Time AND Mana Over Time make revived heroes much less squishy.

Then there is [R E D A C T E D ! ! ! ] which is a total game changer but rumored to be part of the “fight 15* titans with 4*/ 5* heroes “ upgrade planned for “COMMING SOON ™”.

MY PERSONAL OPINION
I would ignore future updates and just considering Alberich vs. Leggylass, er Lianna, which fits your play style.

From Pokémon GO, I use the “Shiny RNG remorse defense “, I never level a 5* 3.1 unless I have enough 3*/4* ascension items to level two to 5* 4.80 ( example 16 Sturdy Shields and 12 Mysterious Tonics ).

The thought is shiny only have a 1 in 512 chance of dropping, so having enough to level the shiny when you get it helps prevent buyer’s remorse.

Having enough ascension items to level two green 5* helps me not regret it. Meanwhile that rumored hero upgrade system might let my 4* heroes get me three ascension item rolls on titans.

Additional F2P users will usually be limited to less than 0.9899 (linky, linky ) green 5* 4.80 heroes per month ( random color leveling) or per 5 months if they take the recommended advice and level a rainbow team using only matching colors.

Cash players use their surplus 3* hero summons for XP and extra 3*/4* ascension items to ignore the -50% skill roll penalty for using random colors.

A few of my exceptions are [redacted], [redacted], Alberich, Delilah, and Joon to 5* 3.70 because of how their special skill scales.

1 Like

Lianna. I have lianna maxed and alby maxed. Rarely does alby see playing time while lianna makes it into a regular spot in my lineup.

I have liana, greg, alby, and hopefully evelyn soon

If i had to place them in ideal maxing order it would be:

Evelyn
Greg
Lianna
Alberich

Greg or lianna could go either way but both would be priorities over alby

Just my 2 cents(i chose alby over greg since i had wanted alby for over a year, been kickin myself ever since, 6 tonics and 8 shields for a bench warmer smh)

2 Likes

20 [redacted]aracters

3 Likes

Yes and mainly due to the green element lacking in buffers for titans, blue titans are the hardest color for most players, greg is versatile enough that he can be used in just about any area of the game but he excels most in titans specifically blue. Lianna has nice tile damage but that can be found in 4* greens as well. Melendor, little john, and skittleskull all 3 have 700+ attack and are available to everyone regardless of spending status.

Attack stat can be amplified by banners and other buffers/debuffers. Only a few ways to increase crit hit % chance and that’s with greg, ares, or crit troops(which maxed are relatively expensive, definitely more expensive than pulling greg or ares)

2 Likes

Don’t be hating on my story-book long posts; it’s very important work, and it takes me ten whole minutes to type up :wink:

2 Likes

Pokemon Go… Ohh the good ole days :heart_eyes:

I’m so curious, will all heroes [redacted] or just [redacted] [redacted]? Tell me more about [redacted] and the fact that they [redacted] and [redacted] and how that will impact the future of E&P because of [redacted]?

What was the lesson I was supposed to take away? I think it went over my head somewhere. Also, I think I lost myself somewhere in this comment :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

==[Redacted]==

Rumors indicate there will be multiple ways to revive heroes - besides battle items and Alberich - coming to Empires. But this could change without notice.

Even the Devs don’t know what December 2018 and 2019 will bring. Though Beta testers have seen some of the ideas the Devs want to try out on the live server.

==Nerfs==

Waiting for future heroes to go live might not even help. Alberich has been nerfed once on the live server.

==Waiting==

Saving for December might disappoint you. Spending in December might disappoint you.

Same for 2019.

==Future ==

There will always be another 5* HotM, 5* Season X map, etc. With Pokémon GO we know roughly what heroes will be released each year for the next 3-4 years, but RNG and leveling constraints, still prevents all players from having the best heroes.

==Missed opportunity ==

That is why I would make the decision based on heroes you have. And ascension items you have. And the leveled heroes you have.

Gryphonkit, my wife, just rage quit Empires this morning. She might come back, she might not.

If she is always waiting for the next big thing, she will never enjoy the awesome :heart_eyes: game the Devs created. And all the 4* ascension items sitting in her dormant account will have brought her no joy.

Sometimes two 4*, or one 5*, in hand is worth multiple 4* / 5* in future summons.

==Notes ==

3 Likes

totally disagree. i’ve won an many raids being down to albi who revives and starts the comeback. Lianna wouldn’t have changed much.

They’re both excellent but albi is special in a way lianna is not.

5 Likes

Like i said just my personal preference. I used alby for literally the first 48 hours i had him maxed, he’s been on the bench ever since. And even then he would revive his teammates long enough for them to get one shotted again. Cool hero, i just dont have a daily use for him and i use lianna at least once a day

2 Likes

Lmao I really wish I knew what you said to get censored so hard. I tried checking edit history but redacted is redacted xD

2 Likes

Thank you for your insight, I’ll do my best to work with what I have instead of dreaming of what could be… It’s definitely more difficult now with Atlantis bringing back the possibility of old HOTM- therefore a shot at several of peoples’ dream heroes. It’s hard to ascend knowing there might be someone better in the future; though, if they’re great heroes- I’m sure it’s not a decision that someone would later regret. I’m too indecisive and stingy with mats, but you’re right, I may find even more enjoyment out of this game if I’d actually commit to a few worthy heroes. After all, we don’t know what the future will bring. For all we [all] know, every hero might have an even better counterpart coming soon. Could be tomorrow, or a year from now, but are we really willing to wait forever rather than enjoying the heroes we have now?

Okay, I think I get it now :blush:

By the way, I wish your wife good luck and hope she finds her way back to E&P is she so chooses, it’s definitely hard to leave behind a game like this with such an active and passionate community, but overall she should do whatever makes her happy. If E&P isn’t the answer, maybe Pokemon Go is :wink:

2 Likes

Mrs Clause coming to steal his crown lol

1 Like

Wasn’t sure if you got paid by the word…lol

1 Like

Oooh, I like that idea :heart_eyes:

Wait, but who’s going to pay me?!..

2 Likes

Your plural confuses me. I’m aware of exactly four revive options in the game today and exactly one that I’ve heard of rumors from beta:

1. Revive Scroll
  2. Miracle Scroll
  3. Alberich
  4. Gems to continue
  5. Hero currently named Mother North who has been sighted in beta.

@Gryphonknight, what you wrote makes me think there is a 6th (or more) rumored that I’ve missed.

1 Like

2019 skill trees. 1 is revive. Saw it on a russian website

4 Likes

Albie. I have him, he is beast. Don’t have lianna but alberich is the staple of my team. He is a one of a kind.