Leveling: what's best strategy, on-color rainbow or one hero focus?

If you’ve all the mats required to fully level some heroe, just feed him with 10 at a time regarding the color. If you don’t have maxed his special by the end, you can continue feeding him with 10x for 100% guaranteed leveling.

1 Like

I hit the point I am lacking mats more than feeders. Game teaches patience and most players got their way of playing, farming etc. I mainly work on one hero at time since got enough heroes for wars and it works for me. Yeah fair enough could be more effective with feeding same colour but would run out of space in my hero rooster.

1 Like

I like your feeding strategy / concept, this is how I level too. I try to tell myself that I’ll save hundreds of heroes each month if I just use them more efficiently (with color matching)…which is likely true…but I feel I benefit so much more (at this phase of my E&P adventure) by bringing up specific heroes that I can use right now, at least until they hit a point where they’re strong enough and then I can color match for them like you say.

At least that’s the excuse I’m giving myself…because what Athena wants, Athena gets, and she’s very needy right now :smile:

3 Likes

Stronghold log, Year of the Earth Pig:

Day 2 of colour feeding the five subjects with four tc:s running hot and there is no notable difference to any of them. Patience… wearing thin…

1 Like

as long you got 30 maxed heroes (*4 and *5) , you are free to do rainbow feeding and focus to 1 hero.

unless you are not in Alliance and do not care about Wars , you can do it from now.

i agree that 20% are alot but i prefer to max 2 or 3 *5 in 1 month by do rainbow feed than to wait *5 x 5 in another 1-2 months , i am not patient person

1 Like

You should continue your original strategy.

That is your play style.

If you really wanted to change play styles, you would just do it. The fact that you are asking shows you really do not want to change.

Every time you use common, and uncommon training, you lose lots of Hero XP. Off color leveling loses you a little more.

I have much more effective roster than Gryphonkit, my wife, because I have a large selection of 4* 3.60 and 5* 3.70 heroes. But she has more fun leveling her smaller roster of 5* 4.80 heroes using horribly inefficient, Advanced Elemental training ( RT14-18 ).

Just today I was running Sand Empires for her and discovered she has 5* 4.80 Azlar and Zimkitha, but 4* 1.1 Wilbur and Boldtusk.

Notes

Click for notes

FIN

2 Likes

Haha that is so spot on it’s almost creepy! I’m dying to go back to my reckless and inefficient leveling, throwing everything at one bloke at the time. And this is about fun right? My five guys got like three levels each during the experiment and I suspect I could be close to finishing one had I done it my usual way. Well, I’ll keep colour feeding in the back of my head for when I’ve grown up and sprouted some patience…

Love extra fast training btw. Use it a lot (when there’s ham around). Have only done a handful of colour specific trainings ever, to try it, and receiving mostly 1* for backpacks and swords isn’t my thing. Especially since I don’t care what colour the little’un has…

1 Like

Same color feeding until the hero’s special reach max 8. After that it will be any color to speed up the proccess. The 20% loss of different color feeding is nothing compare to the time consumed. Unless I am leveling few heroes at once.

1 Like

I know I’m not saying anything new here, just adding on… But I would also suggest continuing with same color feeding. I’ve been playing about 1.5 years, have a deep 3* bench, about 30 max 4*, and 17 max 5*. I’ve done same color feeding the whole time, except for Seshat, who I just finished power leveling. Purple is my weakest color, and given how many alliances use yellow tanks, it was much more valuable for me to max Seshat ASAP than improve my 50th hero for war depth.

It also helped that I only have 1 other 5* project I’m really excited about (Rana), but I’m short on darts. I have mats to max another red and green, but no heroes I’m excited about there.

2 Likes

I personally do on color feeding 95% of the time. Only time I slide in a off color is to top off a level. It has been working for me so far. The extra xp that comes from feeding the same color is a big help.

3 Likes

Depends on your patience !! If you are eager to get 1 hero full you should eat them all! When you have a nice roster already you can just feed colours… at some point you will be waiting for heroes to come and stocpile heroes in your tcs… when the hero comes you feed them all … so i would say it depends the stage you are in game.

1 Like

I started in February this year so still newbish :). Always eager to finish them off and move to the next project! The alliance I’m in go against heavy war teams and it’s hard to use the low leveled blokes even when tank has been busted… maxed or meat, as someone said.

I’d recommend on-color feeding, but if the issue is the painfully slow feeding of one hero at a time is the issue, feed 10 on-color if you are feeding to a 4* or 5*.

You get the efficiency of on-color, and the speed of quasi-reckless feeding.

1 Like