Leveling up special skill unfair

Even before update you were able to continue feeding if the hero was maxed but their special wasn’t. The update only increased probability of special skill level up when the hero is maxed.
I did that with Melia. Wasted many yellow feeders to bring her special to 8/8 when she already was at 3.60. Her skill is pretty much unique amongst 3*s and very useful in challenge events.

1 Like

I enjoy maxing special skills, that I consider the key part of leveling, mostly same color 1* feeders 20% chance works well for me. But there are some that will prove stubborn anyway, I will continue to level , sometimes 15%, 18%, 22% and the skill will eventually level up.

2 Likes

Is all seven 40% chance?.. that’s hurt…

I had very bad luck when levelling Ameonna… more than 10 times in a row but the chance are only around 30%, not 40%…

Then I got very good luck on Gobbler and Caedmon, they reached 8/8 while still around level 2/20…

2 Likes

Well, that could be the reason!
Regardless of common, uncommon, rare, epic or legendary hero feeders, always use a same element feeders.
Ie: 10 Marjana will not increased Caedmon’s special because it was of fire element to nature. You may get up to 40% chances but the odd is very low.
I have had done that before but it doesn’t works. Feeding up to six or seven 3 * of different elements to a different element 4 * for about 13 times with zero result. It does shoot up the hero’s hp level but not the special.
Once you reach stage 8 special, it could be of any element to speed up the maxing proccess.

This is incorrect. A 40% chance is a 40% chance. It doesn’t matter what combination of heroes in what colors you use to arrive at that chance.

The only difference in using off-color feeders is the only add half as much to the chance of special level as using on-color feeders. But that is visible directly in the percentage shown.

3 Likes

Off color feeding

Also you lose 16% of the Hero XP.

Ascension Items

If you do not have enough 3* / 4* ascension items, than using same color heroes when leveling increases chance of 8/8 by 3* 3.50, 5* 2.60 and 4* 3.60

List of Leveling links ( linky, linky)

3 Likes

I’ve failed on 85 % and succeeded on a ridiculous 14% or was it 9% …

Honestly , it’s just bad luck at times or good favour.

Also they have made leveling skills easier now with recent versions so don’t be discouraged.

3 Likes

I leveled up a Khagan to 2/60. All the way to 2/1 I fed him only 1* reds and 10 at a time, so 20% chance each feeding. Not once did his special go up. So at 2/1 he was at special level 2. At that point I thought “screw it” and just fed him whatever reds I pulled whenever (1* and 2*).

Now he’s 2/60 and his special is at level 8.

Go figure.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.
That was from me experimenting at the the earlier stage of playing. By using same color feeding with average about 26% chances. I usually managed to max the special on most of my 4 * heroes at level 2 - 0, with the exception of Rigard’s which maxed at 2 - 30.
Using off colors does not yield the same results. Perhaps, just a coincidence. I will stick to my method though.
Cheers!

2 Likes

It is just coincidence, but on-color feeding is always more efficient, so you are very wise to stick with it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ive always fed whatever hero im leveling everything (except 2* and 3* trainers) and have always maxed special before 3rd ascension. I know its not as efficient but im incredibly impatient.

Thanks again.
On color until the special is maxed, then, any color to speed up the leveling.
Once we’re at tier 3 or tier 4, the 20% hp loss in hp for off color feeding is negligable.
Except for the trainer heroes where I always do on color feeding as the hp loss is too much to ignore.

1 Like

I plan to max every *4 before 3.60. So start by 10x at a time *1 feeder on-color, and the result, Wilbur at 6/8, Scarlett at 5/8.
So I do not want stuck, then, I try…
Wu Kong 3.01 at 5/8, I start feed 1x at a time *1 on-color… at 3.30 finish skill 8/8, then start with 10x at a time on color, because more eficiene food cost.
Boril also like Wukong, now it is 8/8 at 3.34.
Proteus 7/8 at 3.10, I hope get 8/8 before 3.60 (but this one, I will ascend to tier 4), no problemo.

1 Like

I had a Rudolph I was trying to power level for the last 3* raid tourney get to 3/50 with 4/8 specials and it took an ungodly number of attempts at 60-75 percent to get those 4 specials - something like 18-22 attempts. Literally hundreds of feeders.

It sucked, but it’s just random.

1 Like

Since last version 1.80 (maybe), after hero level maxed, special skill is more easy, just use 5x *2 on-color, and it is 100% guaranteed skillup.

2 Likes

What’s also irking that if your specials are not full and you’ve actually hit the current ascension ceiling and couldn’t go on, you are stuck having to leave that hero alone until you ascend him/her.

3* Heroes say are at 2^40 and couldn’t ascend because short of mats (I know, only farmables, but you never know when they player, who might be newer, would be short of a chainmail shirt or tall boots) and if his/her specials are not full at that point, the level up button is greyed out). Perhaps a more common situation might be for 4* Heroes at 3^60, but specials somehow are not full, and they are short of non-farmable mat, be it glove/compass or their elemental mats), they can’t work on their specials any more until they are ascended past that point. My Wilbur is approaching that point and he is only 6/8, and I don’t have the Gloves to ascend him in my inventory, not until I get them from the next Farholme.

That is similiar to my plan and I do plan to have 8/8 special skill at 3/60 especially for the heroes I’m not sure to bring to last ascension :grin:

6/8 and 5/8 at 3/60 with 1* same-color feeding? That’s very bad luck…

My worst record is Ameonna 7/8 at 3/60. I used mix of 1* and 2*, sometimes 3* (a level before ascension [1/39 or 2/49 or 3/59] I usually use mix of 2* and 3* to max the probability :rofl:)

Using only 1* do maximize the mean of number of special up occurences, however it also increase the variance due to lower probability (more frequent good luck but also more frequent bad luck).

1 Like

10x or 1x or various around 1 - 5 at a time or how much heroes at a time?, thats what I’m concerning about now. :sunglasses:

That used to be the subject that’s been heavily debated. When you lack the material and resources to level / ascend a hero, you kind of want to give your hero as much time to work on his/her special before he/she hits the current ascension ceiling.

For me, I still prefer to feed 1* of the color 1 at a time, sure, it is 2% each time, but if I have 10 of 1* feeders of the same color, instead of only one chance of 20% (that can get it to go up one at the most), I would rather have 10 chances of 2% each, who knows, although unlikely, I might even get more than 1 special level up.

This has become less of an issue since a few versions ago where a maxed hero gets 5X chance. For 4* heroes, like I said in my above post, I am looking like I am about to run into my current ascension ceiling for Wilbur, whose special is currently at 6/8. If he hits that 3^60 and the special did not go up, I won’t be able to work on his special any more until I get another pair of Gloves to ascend him. Although it doesn’t seem like 4* would have problem with special level ups very often, it does occasionally happen.

3* heroes are getting the most benefit with that upgrade, because all of their ascension material are farmable.

2 Likes

So far all my 4* s achieved skill 8/8 before 3/60 and all 5* s before 2/60. My leveling is consciously steered towards achieving that.

Starting everyone with 10x 1* on color, 20% chance, continue on and on, and if I notice any draw back, I start playing around with the percentage of the chance, sometimes 22% -30% by mixing 1* & 2*, or even lower to 13 % -18 ( mixing more 1* on color and a few 1* off color) never with trainer heroes before skill 8/8

At the end all maxed before the final tiers. Once skill 8/8 is achieved, I sometimes kitchen sink feed, but to be efficient, I always feed with 2s and or 3 on color at higher tiers.