Leveling 3, 4 and 5 star heroes (Analysis, Advice)

Somewhere I have screen shots of heroes getting +1 special skill followed by an immediate +1 again using 1x SAME color 1* heroes to level. I know Wu Kong and Azlar did it.

I have several heroes that where 5/8 at 2.1 and Azlar is currently 5/8 1.33 using 1x SAME color 1* heroes to level.

But RNG plays no favorites. Using 1x SAME color 1* heroes to level gives you the lowest chance of a 4/8 special skill at max tier, max level, but you can still beat the odds.

Looking for leveling advice:

In Blue:
My primary heroes are:
5* Isarnia (Tier 1 / Lvl 45) [2/8 skill]
4* Sonya (Tier 4 / Lvl 45) [8/8 skill]
4* Grimm (Tier 1 / Lvl 23) [2/8 skill]
4* Kiril (Tier 1 / Lvl 1)

In Red:
5* Marjana (Tier 3 / Lvl 18) [8/8 skill]
5* Gravemaker (Tier 1 / Lvl 27) [[2/8 skill]
5* Elena (Tier 2 / Lvl 50) [5/8 skill]
5* Zimkitha (Tier 1 / Lvl 1) [just pulled, hooray!]
4* Boldtusk (Tier 1 / Lvl 5) [1/8 skill]
4* Wilbur (Tier 1 / Lvl 1)

In Green:
5* Lianna (Tier 1 / Lvl 1) [just pulled, hooray!]
5* Morgan Le Fay (Tier 2 / Lvl 1) [5/8 skill]
4* Little John (Tier 3 / Lvl 60) “where oh where are those sturdy shields?” [8/8 skill]
4* Hansel (Tier 1 / Lvl 29) [4/8 skiill, lucky?]
4* Melendor (Tier 1 / Lvl 26) [1/8 skill]

In Yellow:
5* Guinevere (Tier 1 / Lvl 28) [1/8 skill]
4* Wu Kong (Tier 2 / Lvl 38) [6/8 skill]
4* Hu Tao (Tier 3 / Lvl 60) [8/8 skill] “to find an orb of magic would be so magical…”
3* Bane (Tier 1 / Lvl 29)

In Purple:
4* Sabina (Tier 4 / Lvl 32) [8/8 skill]
4* Ameonna (Tier 1 / Lvl 35) [2/8 skill]

Stronghold @ Lvl 17

Train Camp - Lvl 16
Train Camp - Lvl 13
Watchtower - Lvl 9

Any advice on what to train in the training camps and which heroes to focus on? I feel like I am being less than efficient and not maximizing my potential power.
I am mainly focused on Wu Kong at the moment to try to strengthen my Titan effectiveness - but just did 253 pts worth on War so I seem to have a “deep bench” for fighting war battles.

@wulflord

It looks like you’ve been kind of scattershot in your leveling. Here’s some suggestions for you to be more efficient:

1. Focus on 1 hero of each color at a time. Take them to max, or as far as you’re going to take them. Some aren’t worth using nonfarmable mats on. Don’t get distracted when you pull someone new.
  2. Don’t start a 5* until you have most of the mats to max them. They take a huge amount of food and feeders.
  3. As you are leveling a team up, use them to farm. This gives you a chance to learn how to best use them and where they fit in your roster.
  4. Prioritize in this order as you get the materials:
    Red: BT, then Wilbur. Then either GM or Zim-kitty, followed by the other, followed by Marjana
    Green: Hansel, Melendor, then Lianna or Morgan, then the other. LJ can stay at 3/60. Save your shields for the others.
    Blue: finish Sonya, then Grimm, Kiril and Isarnia in that order.
    Purple: Sabina, then Ameonna
    Yellow: finish Wu, then Guin. Hu can stay at 3/60. He isn’t worth the orbs

For now, as you pull new heroes, park them on your bench. Hero space is cheap.

Very helpful thanks @NPNKY! Yes - I did get distracted by the new shiny 5s
I definitely agree on stopping on Yellow Hu @ 3/60, and Green LJ at 3/60 and saving the mats for the others. I just wasn’t sure if I was switching if I should go ahead and switch to Green 5
Lianna or not and which Red.
So Boldtusk is the one to focus on instead of Gravemaker?
And Finish Sonya in Blue instead of switching to Grimm.

In Purple is it worth it to try to spend diamonds get a different Purple 4* or is Ameonna good enough?

Again thanks so much!

Any advice on which feeder heroes to build at the training camps?

If you’re going to use gems, either the Atlantis summon in 3 days or the Christmas Event summon in December will be your best bet. You could also use them for either Knights or Guardians next time those come around. You’re far enough along to not bother with elemental summons anymore.

As for training, park your excess food and recruits in TC13 for now. Use your other TCs to run 1 at level 11 (extra low cost) and 1 at level 2 when you aren’t leveling it up. Focus on getting your stronghold and your highest TC to level 20 ASAP.

@wulflord

Also, are the leaders of your alliance helping you with your questions? They should be

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Epic Hero Token gives only Rare Heroes?

I have the same problem with my Bane. I’ve reached the level max and I couldn’t reach the 8/8 in abilities. I have feed him anyway but I’m still stuck. Now, I don’t now if I should keep feeding him or I should start level another Bane up.

1 Like

I would start a second one. Feed the second one only yellow 1* until special is at least 6/8. After that you can feed yellow 2* as well. Keep the first one, and if you pull any more duplicates, feed him with those, but otherwise don’t bother

1 Like

There’s a change in beta that will make it much less costly to “unstick” these maxed-level but non-maxed special heroes. Just leave them aside until the new version rolls in.

3 Likes

I am certainly keeping faith with this, it will surely help out half of my useful level 3* heroes stucked below /8

1 Like

Any hint on what version that’ll be in?

1 Like

Should be next version out.

1 Like

Update 2019-Jan-10

With v18, 3* 3.50 are now super easy to increase the special skill to 8/8 ( edit: see table in top post- Skill roll at Max tier, Max level ).

(Version 18 Release Notes)

The only downside to using an off color trainer hero to level a 3* hero is the loss of 16.66% Hero XP, which is not inconsiderable when leveling 4* / 5* heroes, but, depending on your play style, may be better than buying hero roster slots.

Currently I am using 3* heroes to use up 1*/2* trainer heroes, unless I have a 4* hero that will be guaranteed 8/8 at 4* 3.60 or a 5* hero that will be guaranteed 8/8 at 5* 2.60 .

2 Likes

On the version 18 release note, does anyone have clarity regarding the statement about the special level chance being quintupled?
Does it mean 5 of the same hero can now be used to fully max the special of heroes whose specials are stuck, regardless of the position of stuck betw 1-7

1 Like

Can you, please, decipher the update note regarding special skills.

1 Like

I don’t think you get any credit for chances above 100%. It just means that each same-hero training guarantees to level the special, and that 10 same-color 1* also guarantees to level the special (20% x 5 = 100%). I think that’s why they quintupled it.

1 Like

My take was the use of a dupe adds 25%, but four dupes did not guarantee a skill level increase no matter the 100% shown; therefor, my guess is five dupes is now guaranteed.

My guess cause that note is vague

1 Like

They say “the chance for special skill level up is quintupled.”

5 * 25% = 125%, so a single dupe is a guaranteed level

1 Like

Previously I have achieved special Skill each level up with 4 dups, more often than none. However if we now talk of quintupled… Possibly 5 dups, it could only worth the while if it fully max the stuck hero’s special to 8/8 irrespective of whether it was 4/8, 5/8…7/8.

Agreed the statement needs some clarification

2 Likes

The +% skill roll is x5:

1 Like

Cookie Settings