Level 13 player in my alliance can’t opt out of war? Opting out of Wars before the Tutorial?

We have a newer player who is going on vacation to the Bahamas He has been conscientious enough to ask me how to opt out of war , when he tries to uncheck the opt out button he says he gets a message saying that he has to watch a tutorial first. Does anyone know what he is talking about I’ve been around for almost a year and I have not heard of that. Thanks in advance

Edit - looks like I have been corrected! Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Thanks for the info, didn’t it used to be level 12 for war or is my age starting to catch up with my mind :joy:

1 Like

The level is 12 to participate in wars. Has he participated in a war yet? You have to participate in your first war after you get to level 12. The tutorial that you have to participate in happens after war has started and is having you actively using your first flag and strongest heroes.
If he is leaving before this war that will take place on Saturday, the only way for them to not participate is to leave the alliance until they get back and can participate in their first war. After that war you are free to choose whether to participate or not in future wars.

3 Likes

No he was not at level 12 for Wednesday’s war yet so he has not participated I will get him this info when he returns from his vacation to the Bahamas, oh I am so jealous that I am not going to the Bahamas I am freezing to death in Wisconsin :cold_face:

2 Likes

Have him set his war defense team to 4x heroes, instead of the required 5x heroes, before war starts. That will put him in Spectator Mode so enemy alliance can not score points off his defense.

Level 12 for Wars

* The player level required to participate in wars is now 12 ( linky, linky)

Individual Opt Out

4 Likes

Thanks👍🏼20 charaters…

2 Likes

My wife just joined up into my alliance but she is not ready to oarticipate in wars. Clicked to opt out and it says she needs to complete a tutorial on wars before she can. Anyone know if this os something that will pop up during matchmaking? Nothing other than the prompt now and an ok button. Thanks!

I believe if you haven’t gone through the tutorial yet that you are counted as opting out until you do.

I had a few members in my alliance with no defense team set during preperation, and I think the only way that could happen would be if they were level 12 but hadn’t started or finished the tutorial.

Essentially, if you haven’t set up your defense team, you are opted out already.

Where IS the tutorial???
I started a second account and want to opt out of war but it keeps telling me about this war tutorial and won’t let me opt out. Matchmaking starts in 3hrs. Help!

My wife was not able to access it until she was already locked into participating and matchmaking was over. Prompt would just not go into the tutorial until it was too late to actually opt out.

Individual Opt Out

This is by design. But you can be sneaky.

@zephyr1

Perhaps merge?

2 Likes

Merged, and thread title expanded to help with future searches. :heart_decoration:

2 Likes

This is silly thing. Causing way too much confusion! Just allow to opt out already, or have everyone HAVE to opt in! Then watch and participate in the war tutorial. Someone did not think this through too well.
As a leader, I would like to know what the tutorial is like (I never had one) so I can know what they are being taught, to build and expand on that knowledge.

@Gryphonknight - is this still the best way to deal with this situation. It’s my alt act that I’ve been trying to opt out. Team of 5 heroes, not even close to War Ready…
If I set Defense to 4 heroes or less, I won’t have to worry about my opponent 1 shotting my alt over and over?
THANKS
EDIT-

I guess it isn’t going to fix the problem for this war! I did the tutorial a couple of hours ago and I pushed “autofill” during the tutorial because that’s where the arrow was pointing… - Now, i can’t get my alt team off the battlefield!
What a cheese ball way to do things!!!

I may be wrong about this but it’s my understanding that if you place only 4 heroes on your defence team then just before the battle starts that team will be removed.

Make sure you edit your team so only 4 or fewer heroes are on it!

You can see it right now, but it’s supposed to disappear when the opponents hit the field? I’m sure if I’m wrong someone will correct me, but if that’s what happens can you please confirm back here so we know for the next player?

1 Like

Ahhh… So, just because I see it on my end** doesn’t mean it’s what will happen when the War actually starts…
I’ll be sure to remove a hero prior to war start. I’ll definitely be in touch with you about the results @princess1 !!!
Thank you very very much for your quick response! I’ll take Screenshots to share with you, so if you need to prep any of your newer players in your alliance.
Thanks again!

1 Like

I may still be wrong… so fingers crossed that’s what will happen :joy:

1 Like

Well, IMO, it sounds like you are correct… It sounds like it makes sense. (I don’t remember doing the War tutorial back in the day when wars started, but I’m sure we all did).
I’d like to see other replies as well. Not at all because I don’t have faith that you’re going to be proven right, but instead because it’s just natural to feel more comfortable when there are multiple people agreeing on the same answer.
Either way, Im not going to stress it too much lol. Just a little bit! :sweat_smile:
I’ll certainly let you know what happens when it all goes down- (18 hrs and 15 min away) which is ~5pm my time EDT.

Do you think the first player in war can opt out in a war …even he don’t have tutorial , you think he can stay in a field even no tutorial?