Lets talk about powercreep

the game balance at 3* might also be strongest. I find shrubbear to be good but nothing that a herd of rudolph cant chew through.

2 Likes

Everything in the world must evolve to become better and stronger. That’s the sign of growth.
I think SG is in the right way.
New heroes evolve, stronger than old heroes make the game more interesting and challenging. Just enjoy it.

Btw i’m 100% FTP

1 Like

So help me, God… Don’t make me revive the “Don’t nerf Aife” thread…

5 Likes

Yes, costume is power creep.

Classic heroes are vanilla heroes.
Costumed (Equiped or Unequiped) classic heroes are not.

3 Likes

what? my point was simply that the costumes weren’t a solution to balance season 1 heroes with the other heroes so much as just a bunch of more inaccessible heroes that are more powerful than season 1 heroes. It’s subtle but it makes a big difference.

That is my point…

As i said i found the picture in a line group, its not done by myself, so its not true that i ignored anything.

I am sry should have mark the phrase with a shield “sarcasm” Did not forsee somebody would take it for real.

Im sad you ignored the point off the thread: balancing old Heroes with the new shiny toys they release. If you just compare the stats its a onesided take into account also the surplus of skills and abilities.

Delilah: 3 Abilities
Telluria: 7 Abilities

So from an objective point of view Telluria has more stats and more skills and therefore is a better hero.
We need those heroes to get the meta shifted from time to time!

Nevertheless if you follow the road to shake up the meta by releasing powercreeps you will come to a point where you have pool of heroes that outclasses any other hero. As i said this is a spiral leading higher and higher and i doubt it is healthy for a game like this over the longrun.

3 Likes

I guess the comparison was done because both are march HotM. I agree with your point that those two don’t compete for the same slot in a roster and i also agree on delilah still being useful.

I took a longterm perspective and asked the question

If the powerlevel rises higher and higher there will be a breakpoint where delilah isn’t good enough anymore to compete with the new toys. How can SG balance that in free way?

As someone mentioned before, it will take some time to get to this point and we are very far away from this. So actually there is no need to debate right now, as SG has already ways for balancing older heroes implemented with costumes and possible future patches, too. (As others stated, too).

no one is denying telluria is better than delilah. the point of the calculation was to show you that the tiny power creep took two years. So it would take decades for power creep to get to the level where you’re concerned with.

i doubt the game is gonna last decades.

I find 4* tournaments to be the most balanced and engaging, mainly because there aren’t very imbalanced heroes.

2 Likes

Or it can be progress as well to upgrade old heroes they have in the hero academy, to get a good job as well. :blush:

1 Like

I hope it does last decades! How long has fifa or tetris been around? Let’s all hope this one sticks around and keeps evolving so that we dont have to all one day install new games and start from 0.

I was playing Raid: Shadow Legends when it first came out for a month, and it’s an awesome game, but I realized I had put in so much work in e&p, it would suck to do it all over again in a new game.

My offer is 2 Sartana, Obakan, Leonidas, Khagan and Quintus for Delilah…

3 Likes

If they really want to balance classic heroes, here’s a suggestion. Create 2 new TC20 heroes in each color and each star level from 3* on up (6 per color total). Create a family or three for the TC20 heroes with comparable family bonuses. Rather than a specific immunity or resistance, give them a blanket % chance to resist any debuff or negative status effect. Maybe a 10% chance. Then, take the average stats of all 12 2019 HotM using the formula of 15 points of attack = 18 points of defense = 36 points of health. Compare that to the average stats of all TC20 5*. Buff all TC20 heroes from 3* on up by that percentage. So if the average stats of the HotM are 15% higher than the average stats of the classic heroes, buff the classic heroes by 15%. Make all these changes retroactive. That immediately makes classic heroes viable again.

Or, just establish that only TC20 heroes can use emblems. (cue hysterical screams from everyone with Guin, GM, or Ursena at +18 or higher, including me)

4 Likes

So here is a little rant about Finley and powercreep in general.

3 Likes

For my part, I find 3-star tournaments to be an emblems game. No way a low-emblemed (sub +8) 3-star team will beat a +20 team of costumed, S2 / S3 heroes without odds-defying boards. The relatively limited breadth of 3-star heroes specials makes it very difficult to turn a raid into anything but a race to see who does more damage the fastest. I’ve had a costumed +20 Bane take 3 consecutive hits from Valen, Namahage and Bane (all un / low-emblemed) and remain alive. Not much you can do to win against a team with 5 of those. LOL.

I find 4 and 5-star tournaments more interesting because of the range of special skills. You’ve got a plethora of mana controllers, healers, debuffers etc. to play with and are not so board dependent. In 4 and 5-star tournaments you can actually have well-constructed low-emblem teams taking out fully emblemed defenses with moderately decent boards.

EDIT: One way to keep older heroes relevant could be to organize tournaments where only S1 heroes and/or older HOTMs could participate. Sorta like MTG tournaments.

5 Likes

Not really true, I always do decently on 3-star tournaments with 1 emblem on each of my heroes. I end up fighting the 18-20 emblemed teams, and as long as the boards aren’t horrible (like they were yesterday), I have a very good chance of victory. I would say… maybe 70-80% winrate taking all things into consideration (I mean including those bad boards).

2 Likes

3.50+20 heroes hits my 3.50 ones for 170 autoattack damage with a chance to deal 300 after they get granted with Melia’s crit chance. As Jax said 3* tournaments are mostly an emblem’s game.

1 Like

Glad you’re experience is different then. That win rate would land you in the top 1% of every 3-star tournament.

My experience could also be because all I have are 10 3-stars and most are S1’s - basic sniping and healing really. The newer 3-stars look interesting with more diverse specials but I’ve been focusing on 4’s and 5’s.