@Celtibero
@Kayo
@Shohoku79

9 Likes

@LadySuzanne and @MrsBCW for being intelligent, calming influences

@FrenziedEye and @Elpis for frequent, high quality posts

Fellow Guardians:

@Kikyo, @Annieb, @therocketcat, @PhelanKell, @Keesa

@Jedon for his positive influence and for reminding me that a world exists outside ‘the west’

@rigs for keeping me honest

@KLinMayhem and @Drumnadrochit for outstanding creativity

15 Likes

I keep you honest? I’ll take it but dont fully comprehend lol

Easy to get a little Napoleon complex with all these god-like mod powers. It’s healthy to have someone say ‘why that decision?’ occasionally.

OCCASIONALLY

6 Likes

Lol got it and I’ll try to stick to “occasionally”

1 Like

Subject
Awesome community

==Player Mentors==

Player mentors are awesome. Thank you for cutting down on the “But how does this work” forum spam by sharing your knowledge:

==Liking good content==

I would like to thank the following for helping make the forum easier to use . Likes fuel much of the forum features from “Summarize this topic” to “Search by most liked” to Heat index. And many others. Continue to use your likes. Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility.

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/u?order=likes_given

==Inquiring Minds==

All who help figure out how the game works. Especially those who have moved on to other games. I try and pay it forward when I can.

==Dev victims==

I would like to thank the community managers for letting use stalk…, er, follow them:

==Keeping the forum only slightly off topic and slightly gripey ==

Thanks for reading about our confusion, our question, our defeats, our triumphs, our setbacks and our gains, and then trying to keep them on topic and only slightly gripey.

9 Likes

I think you missed out @Rigs on this one :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol it passes the time between flags

1 Like

Without @Xero786 and Anchor of 7DD I would have wasted mats & gems on crap. They helped me start building the best possible roster with what I had from the get.

Thank you!

3 Likes

7bd6faacf9985e9a8bd8d679f69f922a

6 Likes

LMAO
This is so good lol :smile:

3 Likes

@Jedon - you have been on my mind MANY times over the past few weeks. I’m happy to see you back in the Forum brother. Hope all is well. We will catch up soon. I’ve tried to at least stick my head in here now and again - miss this place :wink:
I’ve been working a lot, should all end after this full implementation is rolled out and support of it around 12/27 - so let’s catch up for sure then.

7 Likes

Are we doing this? Yeah. I guess we are doing this.

In chronological order, as I remember it.

1. @Rook
    After I wandered into these forums, rook noticed I had a lot of anger, let’s say. Rook took steps to ensure that I assimilated successfully and that me and 2. On my list didn’t meet up for a knife fight. I’ve been around Internet forums for a long time, and the work rook does here is the finest moderator work I’ve ever come across.
  2. @Brobb
    The mustache cat herself. Brobb inadvertently taught me a boatload about E&P the game. Brobb engaged me directly and we had some truly epic war of words. If Brobb and I ended up reading the same thread, there would be at least two posts hidden from flags. It was good times. Then something zany happened. Brobb and I ended up on the same side of a majority of posts. We supported each other against waves of opposing irrationality. Brobb felt like a kindred spirit in the way we viewed the world. Once brobb showed me how she expected me to write on the forum, to ensure I addressed each point of an argument, we found a lot of common ground in ensuring we were hearing each other correctly. I haven’t heard or seen brobb around here in a while, but hope she is well.
  3. @Lila_Ann
    Having your wife around for a video game is pretty sweet. I like to call it “the Dream.” I don’t have much else to add her because I hope she already like, knows that I love her and like her and things. But it seemed like she should be on the list.

For those of you who may be grossed out by such a thing, imagine me kissing her face :stuck_out_tongue:

@lesleyannia / @JonahTheBard
Sometimes you come across people in life that you just really like personally. Generally, I think these people probably have this happen to them a lot because they’re so darn likable. Jonah was certainly that person here on the forums. I found myself reading posts and thinking “hahahaha that’s fantastic that sounds like something Lesley wrote.” And then I would check and EVERY TIME it actually was. The writing style and the sense of humor are unmatched. As a community, it’s no understatement to say, in my mind, that @JonahTheBard is the best thing to happen to this gaming community in 2018. Sorry everyone else, you’ll have to settle for second place.
I was excited to see you promoted to moderator because, well, I think you’re perfect for the job. And it really gives me a lot of confidence in SG that they have their finger on the pulse of this community.

Lastly, because I’ve gotta go and I gotta cut this off somewhere…

@Petri
Listen folks. Duaneski has thrown a lotta shade towards SG in 2018. Thems are just the facts. Petri was everything you could hope a community manager to be throughout not just my tirades, but all of the tirades I observed. Relaxed, reserved, as transparent as possible, and extremely patient. I don’t know much about petri personally, or really 4/5 of this list, but I know that I am grateful for the interactions I’ve had within all of them here in 2018… and petri especially. A true professional

Now that we are done crying and holding hands let’s bring on 2019 :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I get a shot out for being rediculous? Or am I getting a shot out for being a complainer? Either way. I often wonder if people recognize my name here and what I’m thought of. Now I know. Sometimes I’m rediculous. Sometimes a complainer. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

I believe that all the players listed have helped me somehow and are well deserving of recognition. I’m sure there are many more as well, but one name comes to mind is @RandaPanduh, who always has great advice, and can argue with you in a calm and understanding way.

2 Likes

Lovely idea!

Oh goodness, where shall I start?
All the nice and helpful people have been mentioned already.

Ok, here comes my thank you.

To @Dante2377 and @Revelate who helped me so much when I first came here. ( do give my love to Revelate please if you see him).

To @Anchor for the lovely advice, lists, tables and all the lovely information that helps me to get better in the game. No need to re-invent the wheel, Anchor has already invented it :+1:

To @Rook for being such a darling and for putting up with all these players who are often annoyed at this, that and the other (myself included :wink:) and keeping the forum orderly.

To @Kerridoc and @JonahTheBard for being such nice moderators, too.

To @petri and @Sara for showing up and working even on weekends to solve issues that suddenly arose in the game. And to the team at SG for making such a nice game and for listening to player concerns and acting upon them. BIG THANK YOU for the individual opt out for the wars! :kissing_heart:

To @ElvenArcher for being a kindred spirit :kissing_heart:

Now, I have probably forgotten to thank a lot of the lovely people who take the time to help other players in this forum. Consider yourselves hugged :hugs:

And honorable mention to @Brobb as well.
(Coming from me, ok? :wink:)
Recently, there was a thread where she and I actually agreed on a subject and even “liked” each other’s posts. I most certainly enjoyed that. Have a Merry Christmas, dear! :hugs:

All in all, there are a lot of lovely people here.

And so, as Tiny Tim said, “A Merry Christmas to us all; God bless us, every one!” (Charles Dickens)

7 Likes

Thank you :blush:

20 coffees

And a massive thank you for all that you do with clever wit and intellect :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m afraid to do one of these because I don’t want to leave anyone out!

If we’ve spoken, you are noticed. If more than once, you are special, if in more than one medium, well…that says a lot! And if you’ve been flyinghugtackled, you are dear!

Merry Christmas EVERYONE!!! hugs!

11 Likes

I would like to quote all those mentioned and many who left.

Just to mention two Spanish speakers that I would like to join more often to this group.
@Adhara y @Odalisca22
And especially someone who does not write much but when he does, he leaves us wanting to continue reading @Drumnadrochit

6 Likes

Kind of you Jonah, thanks

A huge shout out to everyone on here for making this forum the wonderful community it is today

The most important thing is everyone speaks honestly but respectfully.

It’s fine to have differing opinions and personalities - that’s what makes this place so interesting :grin::joy:

8 Likes