Let's mix up wars – Additional Rules (e.g. element or rarity restrictions, no healing, no buffs, no troops). Add your Thoughts & Ideas Here

I really think they need to increase how many options we have for Alliance War Modifiers. Attack buff and heal has gotten…boring. I also think that instead of just benefiting the defense side it would be nice to see some options that affect both sides (more or less) equally. Here are a few of my ideas:

1. Heroes Gamble–After the war has started (and teams have been chosen) 10 heroes will be chosen at random (at least 5 Legendaries) and they will either receive a buff/debuff to their stats and/or to their Ultimate. Make it something like +10%-+20% increase/decrease of these stats/Ultimates. This should only affect DEFENSE teams and not your offense choices.
  2. Land Mines–After a team has been chosen as a target to be attacked, and you are in/on the battle screen/field, after an ultimate has been used there is a 10-15% chance to “Step on a Land Mine” which will cause 10-20% damage (based on targets current level of health) against, up to, 3 of your heroes (this also includes when the computer controlling the enemy team uses their Ultimates as well).
  3. The Madhatter’s Midnight Madness–After the war has started (and teams have been chosen), and you’re in/on the battle screen/field, ALL of the heroes on the field will have their ultimate’s changed to a RANDOM other ultimate (Ultimates will only change once at the start of the battle). Mana speeds will remain the same regardless of the Ultimate. If the defense team survives (regardless the number) their Ultimate’s will reset to default until their next battle where they will, again, change randomly.

Thats all I have atm and I’m curious if theres anything here that can be used or maybe built upon. I would just like to see more options other then buff atk…buff defense…heal…those are boring and I think adding in random chance ideas can add some excitement to alliance wars. What do you all thihk?

Ok, so as we see, alliance wars haven’t changed too much besides adjusting matchmaking system and war chest.

I have idea to make more changes and create alliance wars more various.

The idea contains three aspects:

1. Fighting in new conditions. For now we have short, easy system of changing support for defenders:
    2 wars with Arrows
    2 wars with healing
    2 wars with attack buff
    …and again.

I want to propose to add more types of war, including special conditions from season 2:

• Magic Night (half of normal damage and all skills charge faster)
  • Toxic Fogg (by every turn attacking team receives some damage from being toxicised)
  • Underwater (after oxygen bar ends the attacking team gains some damage every turn.

How often should special conditions appear? This is the conception for the system:
2 wars with Arrows
2 wars with healing
2 wars with attack buff
1 war with special conditions
And repeat…

Because there are 3 types of special conditions the more detailic system is looking like:
2 wars with Arrows
2 wars with healing
2 wars with attack buff
1 war with Magic Night
2 wars with Arrows
2 wars with healing
2 wars with attack buff
1 war with Toxic Fogg
2 wars with Arrows
2 wars with healing
2 wars with attack buff
1 war with Underwater
And repeat…

1. Changes of Battlefield
    Every war takes place on a grassy field with three bridges. The same landscape over and over again. Also duels between players - all are on the arena on background.

According to idea of special conditions there might be also some change on this matter. During war with special conditions the graphic of battle Field changes to another, connected with type of special conditions:

• during war with Toxic Night whole war is being waged on a beach at night. Also every battle os having on background this landscape.
  • during war with Toxic Fogg war and battles are on foggy jungle
  • during war with Underwater war and battles are taking place under the water, like some chapters in 10-12 provinces from season 2.
  1. Rewarding system - the only change of rewarding system is that special conditions should generate better rewards for alliance which wins a war. Some easy issue to add - every player of winner alliance receives 15 Atlantis coins if his alliance win war with special conditions.

Vote and comment. Let’s make wars more various!

Continuing the discussion from Magic Night, Toxic Fogg and Underwater during war + connected battlefield skins:

Dear, I like your idea! in the meantime it has been adjusted to your wishes … but I suffer from the toxic attacks. I do not know how often this may happen, but I get almost two at every turn, and yes, I will be finished in no time while having 4 x 4 * puppets and having 1x3 * as a team.

I really like the idea of Atlantis modifiers in war. Maybe except underwater as it’s detrimental toward a particular colour.
We totally need more fun in wars :smiley:

2 Likes

To be honest, nothing beside matchmaking was done.
I hope SG don’t follow the phrase:
“War never changes”

:wink:

Just a thought, wars are fairly entertaining of would be fun to add other obsticles or buffs or debuffs controlled by a leader.

I was thinking there could be maybe 3 potions a leader could use to add a little more excitement, maybe 1 auto revive for a team mate. 1 hero scramble against the opponent. And maybe 1 more. Only once per war. I think it would be very entertaining to see an opponent attempt a wipe and have another member respawn.
Or Visa versa, a well played timed revive or strategic scramble could tip the scales and fair for both teams :slight_smile:

Hello everyone @ SG
I’m not sure if I’m the only one but I’ve been thinking about wars and the tournament gave me an idea why not add more options to war !
I mean it would be fun to have wars with bloody battle no healing or resurrection or
All specials at very fast !!!
Would make it a lot more fun than the same field aid arrow barrage and attack + wich for seasoned players has gotten a little monotone !!!
Thanks !!! Hopefully you take it into consideration !!!

I’ve been thinking there could be more variety in War. Field Aid is annoying and needs to be kept, Arrow Barrage is boring, and Attack Boost of 10% is easily countered with defense increase.

Let’s add some variety Some could be random: X color does less damage. X color defense boost. Color would be randomly different for each War. It could be put in as a random chance along with the 3 established War Aid types.

I was also thinking of a way to improve costume use. During costume events: Using the costumes version of a hero either increases damage or improves defense of that character…which one would be random.

Now to think about changing tournaments concurrent with events…maybe one that only allows whatever heroes are being showcased? Hmm…

Love the idea. Sadly there are plenty of posts about it and very few feedbacks from SG.

You could even bring in those “new field aids” only for alliances higher than xxxxx points, so new players arent in disadvantages.

Personal ideas to add to yours:

• heavily buff family bonuses. Changes both attacking and maybe defending teams.
  • mana regenerating field aid, which has greater effect on slower heroes. Changes defense lineups.
  • each 3 successful fights grant another attack up to 8 in total.
  • two defense lineups back to back. After 1 is beaten, wave 2 with another defense comes up.
  • alliance leaders may decide which member stands on which position. Attacker need to clear the first defense to get to the enemy behind it.
1 Like

https://images.app.goo.gl/BMkLDYTKGYweFKvf9

So war is my favourite thing in the game (hate titans, but think that’s mainly to do with my play style). Was thinking of a new type of aid as the healing, arrows, and attack boost are a bit repetitive.

How about a Camouflage/ dark night version where you only see total tp of your opponent. No idea of colour, troops, how highly levelled etc until the opp respawns. Would lead to lots of new things to consider for strategy, might make rainbow relevant again and more choices for roster management.

Of course for the top alliances where you guys fast lots of variations on the same team might not be effective but I think itd be fun

I really like this idea, it would bring some fun to the monotony of field aid, attack boost, and arrow barrage. It could actually bring some variation to the top alliances defences too-it would be suboptimal to have all the same tank colour/setup as your opponent could easily plan out their teams. Hoping SG consider implementing this.

Tired of always facing green tanks and the alliance with the most Telluria wins.

Anything to break up the monotony. Raids and wars are boring.

Oh look, another Telluria flanked by GM and Vela. How original.

1 Like

Hear hear SG has to stop the train from hitting the brick wall. The war game is a complete joke nowadays and out of balance!

Ok, I know this topic has been beat up but I had to vent. I am tired of the same War over and over again - *xxx/*Gravy/Telly/Vela/xxx - and the xxx usually rotates amongst 3 to 4 heroes only anyways. Boring!!! Can we put a pin in some of these great ideas like the Ninja Tower and get some of SG’s creativity around the Wars right now?

Biggest issue is emblems

Shuffling emblems every war to redo an entire defense would be a nightmare and would probly increase # of complaints at a pretty drastic rate or it would just force players ro use subpar defenses, go back to having easier wars like when guin/ursena tanked(and even easier without emblems) and would become just as/if not more boring

Pretty positive meta will shift again next year and we’ll see variety again

Add a 4th type of war:
“Bag of Poo”
When the meter fills up, a bag of poo splats across the tile board, obscuring your view of the board.
The symbolism works on a lot of levels if you think about it…

1 Like

take out the boster of arrows. firts

Defense boster
grants with its activation 5% extra defense

profit boster
when activated it removes the attackers’ benefits.

war with random boster
with each activation you can activate a random boster

Well, I see a lot of help for the defending teams, arrows, fast mana, bombs, poisons, etc etc … but for once I would like to see help for the attacker. Simply…

We want war for max 3* , or 4* like tournament rules, but for war. Its so boring war with almost same heroes and similar opponents.

1 Like