Let's make rainbow relevant again!

I routinely beat 4600+ Telluria tank teams with a 4100 rainbow attack team.

I also lose to them. But I can certainly beat them.

It doesn’t matter whether Rigard is your only purple, or is one of five purples in a mono team. Rigard’s mana fills at the same rate in either scenario.

Just bring Rigard (or equivalent), and let Telluria fire special first if that’s the way things go. So be it. Fill your Rigard (even if you have to match several more tiles because of mana delay from Telluria). Then you’re ready to heal and cleanse. The rest of your rainbow team has been filling mana too.

When some key specials are lit, then unleash your offense. Sometimes you might want to let Telluria survive and kill a pesky flank first. Sometimes you want to kill a flank and a corner, so you can have a good hole for ghosting. Lots of ways to win.

Even with rainbow.

Even against the very best of the very best teams.

And even with 500 TP power gap, or more. I can win with 1000 TP power gap fairly reliably, but admittedly I resort to a 3-2 colour team in order to do so.

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t disagree with what you are saying. I am just saying it isn’t a solution for bad boards. For example, you could work the board for one color, then it dries up before it can fire, so you try another color, but by that time it could be too late.

I agree. This can work if you have particularly strong heroes with game changing specials, or are fast/very fast mana, but for people who running S1 heroes going against Telluria tanks, this may not be the best strategy. Or rather, it would be difficult to be consistently successful.

1 Like

The rainbow link seems like an interesting feature.

It could be like a buff to every other element on your team, similar to the element link. (Basically the same)

First time posting here but I raid with rainbow all the time. I always have and always will. Sorry if this is an old post.