Let's Improve Game Play by Helping Small Giant Make Enough Money

Unfortunatley this is what is going to keep the devs quiet and no changes occurring. If people are spending 500 in a month on this current hunk of ■■■ game, they have no incentive to change. It isnt designed for emjoyment of the advanced players, only the newboes coming in.

3 Likes

I have spent money in game and plan to spend more, but it gets horribly frustrating after spending hundreds of dollars and the best heroes I have are the 4* heroes that I trained at my training camp. I know several people in my alliance that have spent way less money and have received multiple 5* heroes. How much more do I have to spend before I receive even one? I struggle with every purchase now because it feels like I am throwing money away. If the devs can solve that problem, then maybe I can go back to happily throwing my money at them. As it stands now, I do it with resentment and only out of desperation to finally get a better team.

3 Likes

some less expensive packs some time s

1 Like

That comes close to matching my own anecdotal small sample results: pulling the flavor of the month hero though really skews the numbers.

Pulling a non FOTM hero appears to be much less, think Tid had something like 3% over his roll count which as close probably as any player has to realistic chance at stats.

2 Likes

I’m in your same position, thanks for sharing. As bad as It truly is… I’m glad to come across someone else that hasn’t been so lucky either. We should have very competitive teams!

I keep banging on that the game economy is flawed - lacks generosity and thereby discourages spend from those who realise this early enough on. (I’m one of them. Spend is £50 and will only consider more if it’s low price mad special. Will not consider £20 packages - you get too little for it).

I’ve posted several suggestions for giving more value for spend - linked further below.

The trouble, I find, is lack of general support from the player community for them. Seems most the established players on this forum either like the status quo, or are not too bothered about supporting suggestions to change it. This will send a clear message to the DEVs that ‘the current system is working’.

Whether it really is or not is difficult to establish without a basis of comparison, which is difficult and risky to implement (i.e. what if you implement a new idea, and popularity really tanks? It’s extremely hard to then claw that back).
So without a very emphatic response in support from the Forum community, I doubt if the DEVs will consider these ideas, even if they are good. They can only gauge the expected response from the greater player community by seeing the reactions from those who post.

So… I see a lack of support/response and a lack of endorsement of the idea as an indication that the DEVs are unlikely to consider it. If you like an idea, ‘like’ the post, and respond positively. Don’t just think ‘hmm, nice idea’ and move on. Even if it’s been posted before, respond with such and your opinion.

Unless that happens, the game will continue to operate as is, and the DEVs will be content with those who are willing to continue to dish out to maintain the status quo, and the newbies who are paying to improve and are yet to discover the fundamental flaws in the game economy.

My previous ideas below.

For the one below, see it as an extra ‘opt in’ mode of play rather than a replacement of the core system.

(With the 2nd post… I ended up coming back to the game after trying a change in approach and undertaking to no longer spend money. I actually enjoyed it a lot more since - I figured the money isn’t worth spending and play it for what it is. I will now consider small spend (£5) for gems if the gems are half or less posted value… but these specials don’t come around often. (Only seen 1 since I decided to stop spending).

1 Like

I liked the shards idea. Nice to see you, as always. :wink:

1 Like

I’d buy that $3.00 in a heart beat! Y’all need to make getting ascend items easier to get! I’m stuck! I’m not willing to drop 600 gems on a “you might get two of these” loosen up the prizes. I can’t do any more all 5 of my heros need assention

2 Likes

ok

My English is to poor so i put this in Polish my be transleter will help you get my point.

Ja gram od 2 miesięcy. jestem Polakiem i zyje w polskich warunkach również finansowych.
Wydałem na grę już ok 1000us$ a to oznacza że jest to więcej niż średnia polska pensja.
Lecz gra mnie i moich Sojuszników zaczyna coraz bardziej zniechęcać. Dlaczego

1. jest zbyt pasywna im dalej tym na wszystko czekasz po kilka dni i jedna czynność blokuję inna.

2. Gra jest dostępna na całym świecie lecz w ogóle nie przystosowana do reali danego kraju, a wręcz przeciwnie w biedniejszym kraju to samo kosztuje więcej . Np. Winter Calendar w USA 1.99 $ a w Polsce 2,5 $.
    Z tym że w Polsce to równowartość 2 kg chleba a w USA 2 bułek.
    A np. 100000 kryształów kosztuje w Polsce 500zł co jest tygodniowym zarobkiem brutto kasjerki w supermarkecie. A co z innymi krajami jak Rosja, chiny czy Wietnam …?

3. Proste rozwiązanie rondom nie jest adekwatne do oczekiwań graczy.
    Wielu ludzi przyjaźni się i współzawodniczy w sojuszach. Ale nikt nie rozumie dlaczego za A+ tytan daje same śmieci dostępne gdzie indziej a za C lepsze trofea.

4. Jak można oferować specjalne ewenty z śmiesznymi ofertami. Np. 20 rekrutów w walce za 12 energii świata jak na poziomie 8/7 dostanę za 2 gry 20 i koszt będzie 6 ??

To samo z innymi śmiesznymi ofertami jak 3 strzały za 18 energii świata a mogę sobie je zrobić za odrobinę żelaza.

Gra i jej oferty sa nie przemyślane. i nie adekwatne.
jak do jednego worka można wrzucić 20 przedmiotów i kazać zapłacić 1000 kryształów a sa tam i rzeczy pożytecznie i ogólnie dostępne śmieci . jak chcecie zarobić naciągając ludzi tylko raz się wam to uda i koniec.
W takiej ofercie płatnej powinny być rzeczy trudno dostępne i wtedy jak nie wylosujesz jaka aktualnie potrzebujesz to może przyda się później.

1. Nic tak nie zniechęca do płacenia za losowania jak otrzymanie w 10 losowaniach 5 tych samych bohaterów 3* …!!

Nie daje się śmieci za pieniądze jeśli chce się zarobić. Dlaczego wy nie idziecie do sklepu i kładziecie 100 koron i pójdziecie losowanie i może będzie szynka a może lizak. To nawet ludzie nie grający wybrali by wysłanie kuponu na loterię szansa na wygrana taka jak u was ale wygrana to milion $ a nie wirtualnych kryształków.

1. Dlaczego nie zarabiacie bo wszystko jest za drogie za dużo chcecie więc dostajecie o wiele mniej, decyzje zakupu zależą od zasobu portfela a ten często od zarobków w danym kraju. Szkoda że na IT nie uczą podstaw ekonomii rynku popytu i podaży.

Dajcie ludziom możliwość podejmowania racjonalnych decyzji wyboru. Inaczej będą rezygnować z gry za 18 energii w zamian za 8 drewna.

1. dajcie więcej premii tym co więcej wydają to normalne przyjęte działanie marketingowe.
    Ja od 2 miesięcy miałem jeden box z 150 bohaterów. a wydając 1000$ nie wylosowałem nigdy bohatera miesiąca.
    Zakupu na polskie realia są tak drogie, choć mnie na to stać, że po kolejnym zakupie Apple stor albo bank blokuje mi kartę z obawy że co jest nie tak , ktoś ją ukradł lub zwariowałem …? dx

2. To nie jest gra gdzie znajduje się rozrywkę lecz wieczne czekania , wiec więcej przyjemności ludzie mają rozmawiając na chat i może dlatego nie rezygnują wszyscy.

3. Źle zbalansowane tytany i nagrody to osobny temat. Tytan 6* 1mln punktów nasz sojusz pokonuje w połowie czasu a Tytana 7* ma już 1,5mln punktów i nie pokonujemy go nawet w połowie w pełnym czasie więc z góry rezygnujemy.

4. Czekanie miesiącami na ulepszenie Bohaterów jest irytujące bo grasz w kółko tymi samymi i nic więcej cię nie cieszy. A ilość nieosiągalnych rzeczy do ulepszenia jest tak duża, że masz małe szanse. To może je oferujcie za pieniądze. A nie jak w kalendarzu dajecie jako dodatek kozaki osiągalne wszędzie w grze. To dlaczego mam za to płacić extra.

Chcecie więcej pieniędzy to słuchajcie ludzi, nawet jak by mieli zakończyć wcześniej grę to zapłacą, a jak zapłacą to nie zakończą tak szybko bo będzie im szkoda.

Progresja wzrostów kosztów pomiędzy kolejnymi etapami a już na pewno czasy w dniach jest tak wkurzająca ze ludzie nie chcą więcej inwestować.

słuchajcie ludzi dajcie im to co chcą, jedzcie ciągle ale małą łyżeczką a bobie strony będą syte.

pozdrawiam
JUL

okay

My English is so poor and I will give you my point.

I’ve been playing for 2 months. I am Polish and I live in Polish financial conditions as well.
I spent about $ 1,000 on the game and that means it is more than the average Polish salary.
But playing me and my allies is becoming increasingly discouraged. Why

1. it’s too passive the further you wait for everything for a few days and one thing is different.

2. The game is available all over the world, but not adapted to the reality of a given country, on the contrary in a poorer country, it costs more. For example, Winter Calendar in the US 1.99 $ and in Poland 2.5 $.
    With the fact that in Poland it is the equivalent of 2 kg of bread and in the USA 2 rolls.
    And, for example, 100,000 crystals in Poland cost PLN 500, which is a gross cashier’s weekly gross earnings in a supermarket. And what about other countries like Russia, China or Vietnam …?

3. A simple solution for roundabouts is not adequate to the expectations of the players.
    Many people are friends and compete in alliances. But no one understands why A + titanium for the same trash is available elsewhere and for C better trophies.

4. How can you offer special gifts with funny offers. For example, 20 recruits in the fight for 12 world energy as at the level of 8/7 get for 2 games 20 and the cost will be 6 ??

Same with other funny offers like 3 shots for 18 world energy and I can do them for a bit of iron.

The game and its offers are not thought out. and not adequate.
you can put 20 items in one bag and make 1000 crystals, and there are useful things and rubbish available. if you want to earn by pulling people in, you will only succeed and you will end.
In such a paid offer should be hard to access items and then if you do not draw what you currently need, it may be useful later.

1. Nothing discourages you from paying for the draws like receiving 10 of the same heroes in 10 draws 3 * … !!

You can not get trash for money if you want to earn. Why do not you go to the store and put 100 crowns and you will go draw and maybe there will be ham and maybe a lollipop. It’s even the non-gamers who chose to send a lottery ticket to a chance to win like you, but winning is a million dollars, not virtual crystals.

1. Why do not you earn because everything is too expensive too much you want so you get a lot less, purchase decisions depend on the portfolio’s resources and this often on the earnings in your country. It is a pity that IT does not teach the basics of the demand and supply market economics.

Give people the opportunity to make rational choices. Otherwise, they will give up playing for 18 energy in exchange for 8 wood.

1. give more bonuses what more they seem is a normal accepted marketing action.
    I’ve had one box of 150 heroes for 2 months. and by spending $ 1,000, I have never drawn the hero of the month.
    Buying for Polish realities is so expensive, although I can afford it, that after another Apple purchase, the blind or the bank blocks my card for fear that what is wrong, someone stole it or went crazy …? dx

2. This is not a game where there is entertainment but eternal waiting, so more people have more fun talking to chat and maybe that’s why everyone does not give up.

3. Badly balanced titans and awards are a separate topic. Titan 6 * 1mln points, our Alliance defeats in half the time and Titan 7 * has already 1.5 million points and we do not beat it even half full time so we give up in advance.

4. Waiting for months to improve the Heroes is annoying because you play over and over the same bh again and nothing more, does not please you. And the amount of unreachable things to improve is so big that you have little chance. You can offer them for money. And not like in the calendar you give as an accessory boots available everywhere in the game. That’s why I have to pay extra for it.

You want more money then listen to people, even if they would finish the game, they will pay, and if they pay it they will not end so soon because it will be a shame.

The progression of cost increases between successive stages and certainly times in days is so annoying that people do not want to invest more.

listen to people, give them what they want, eat constantly but a small spoon and your own side will be full.

Regards
JUL

4 Likes

God forbid the leaderboard should be skewed. Gotta protect those old blue hairs, amirite? :wink:

Unfortunately there are several ways to abuse this. Another F2P MMO I play had to pull ALL advert offers because of players finding novel ways of abusing them. For example wiping your iOS advert log. So free players in that game have almost no way of earning premium currency.

Reguardless, this is likely out of Small Giant’s control.

I’m a blue-hair. How should I respond? :grin:

1 Like

Hi there!

Your post was very dense with questions. I am a player just like you, I am not staff of Small Giant Games (“SG”), so I will answer as best I can:

1. There is a wait built in to the game so that it isn’t over too quickly. I have been playing for six months and only recently built Stronghold lvl 20 (SH20).

2. In some cases, prices by country are strongly affected by the VAT taxes of that country (not set by SG). I haven’t looked up the VAT for Poland.

3. A+ players have a better chance for premium loot, not a guarantee.

4. (I did not understand this question, sorry)

5. This has been complained about before: the heroes are random, and not guaranteed. There is a use for every hero (for example, 3* heroes are the maximum allowed in the Beginning Events—with 2* Troops—and multiple duplicates can be used for higher percentages for upgrading the Special skill of the same card. 4 Banes = 100% chance of Bane skill upgrade.)

6. The game offers many FREE to play (F2P) Options; if I can’t afford to try the lottery for heroes, I can go to the Training Camp (TC) and get the following:

• TC12 - Guaranteed 3*
  • TC13 - Guaranteed 3*, chance of 4*
  • TC20 - Guaranteed 3*, chance of 4* and 5*
  1. I have never got a hero of the month. There is luck involved in such things. I too am unlucky.

2. This was answered in #1.

3. There is skill in defeating Titans; as you raise your skill, sometimes you are “between Titans” where one is too easy and the next is too hard. As you continue to improve your individual heroes, you will find that you level up to the next Titan. This is by design, and not a flaw.

4. This was answered in #1.

There are two general classes of players in the game: Free to play (F2P) and Pay to Win (P2W). The game does a great balancing act to allow both classes to play the game and have a measure of success. F2P must expend more time to win, and P2W expends more money. Both methods are “right” and both types of players welcome. It would unbalance the game to have people be able to buy their victories outright. F2P complains that P2W gets what they wNt too easily, and P2W complains that it’s not easy enough.

Personally I think the game is balanced just right for both types, and no game will ever be able to please everyone. If you like it, play it. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m getting used to the different nature of the rules and intricacies of the game, but I am still worried about the threat that it will disappear from the network because it is not enough to feed its producers and team.
That’s why I wonder if apart from great computer scientists, great graphic designers, you should not hire someone from economics or psychology of weighing demand and supply.
This game certainly addictive, and it was able to persuade the expense of 5 national average salaries of someone who has never played computer games, or rather was an avid critic in 2 months. Brwo BUT …
You want more money, give me a product that I and others will want to pay for. This is probably an obvious market rule? eg 600 dix for 2 out of 8 things to draw.
And in this 4 useful and 4 trash. I tried as part of a experiment and in 4 Times I get 3 times rubbish .
like a wooden sword, a wooden saber or an old jacket. Neither I , nor anyone else will try more than once. I assure you, give me 2 out of 8, but even if my luck gives me 4 gloves or a compass, there will always be a chance that I will be useful in same time
Simple yours income will increase immediately. The same applies to other draws. Too much play here in luck. If I wanted to play this game in luck only better be of, by sending Lotto bets for 2 thousand US $ I probably would have a better chance of winning. Same witch chaleng for 3 dards and cost of 10 energii .
Everyone is writing about it and you’re kind of deaf and it should depend on your income so that we can create new options for us.
Is not that funny

and what if you get 5 * heroes, I spent 2k $ in 2 mth, I have 7, are weak as 1 * you will have to improve them, for tons of meat, but that’s nothing because after passing level 2 you will need things that are so difficult achievable that you have no chance to get them for a few months. and to improve 5 * red to level 4 you need 6 rings, book, hidden blade 4 pieces and dalatian blade 1 item and tactics book 2 pieces and 708k meat.
After 2 months, I gave up the 5 * and stayed at 4 *, there was not much difference between them in the fight.

1 Like

Just a little update. After the original post was made, I did finally see a change of my luck in the game. I now have 5* heroes and I am back to happily throwing money at it. The Winter Fun specials also had me very happy. I can’t say that I spent every day but I did spend most days on two separate accounts. I really do feel like I’m getting my money’s worth now. :blush:

My Update:
While the Winter specials were good, I chose not to spend on most of them on general principle. I find the gems you get from the spend too much of a lottery, and hence no point investing real money in them. (This after something like 14 summons for only 1 new worthwhile 4* (if you call Li Xiu ‘worthwhile’ if you already have a maxed Chao). The rest were all 3* or repeats). Discounting the gems, the money is then too much to spend on just the items.

I have determined (after a 2 month period of spend) that I am no longer going to give SG any more of my money while the game continues to have this ‘random with only a tiny chance of something worthwhile’ approach. It’s just throwing money down the can.

I’m working towards getting T20 camps up and will try produce 5* that way (for a while) and will check out alliance wars, but on the whole I’m finding the overall lack of variety and staleness of the heroes boring… and I’m not prepared to spend 1000s to change that - that’s silly money that is better spent on real life pursuits like holidays, family time, your child’s education, etc.

So pretty much something needs to change, or the game will lose me… at the moment it’s a when, not an if.

@Ellilea post on making all 5*'s worth assencion, is on point for this topic. I agree with her premise that no 5* hero should be a disappointment.

Gem prices are out of reach for more than half the people I meet in the chat rooms and here in the forums. This coupled with the less than 5% chance to draw a 5* hero is choking the money flow for Small Giant, In my opinion.

A new summons category that offers last year’s HoTM for 3k gems might open the spigot. Make it available only twice per year.

I also would like to see a roll back to the original rules for Mercenary’s. I never did understand all the complaints. Anyone could be a Merc if they choose to. They did the work, they deserve the rewards.

Prices for gems are pretty silly tbh, and that’s a whole other thing.

400 gems here equals 24pln. You can get a solid meal at a Chinese restaurant for 15pln. I mean a full thing - fried meat, rice, veggies. For 24pln you can buy ingredients to cook a meal for an entire family. And I mean a big family or a fancier meal.

What’s 400 gems? One roll with a 3% chance of getting a useful hero? :rofl:

1 Like

I play a few games like this one, and to be honest I spend the most money on games that offer several different gem packs each day.

The packs should have levels. First pack 4.99 for gems and items. Items should be specific. One pack offer items while another offers summoning coins.

Next level should be available as soon as you have purchased the lower pack of that type. Next level 9.99 and be about double the gems and items. Continue this way next pack 19.99 then 29.99, 49.99. All available when the lower pack is purchased.

Let’s be honest this is a game to us, but a business to you. Your here to make money. Give us the options we want and we will make you rich.