Let's be fair here

Woah, steady on @Razor… You’ll ruin my bad-boy reputation

4 Likes

Yeah, I definitely want this fixed. =) voted and spread to groups.

3 Likes

I can’t tell you how many times it has happened to me. I am tired of trying to catch myself in saving my feeders. I agree 100% there should be a feature to prevent it. Great idea!!! I voted let’s get this passed and into the game!!! =-)

2 Likes

I sometimes intentionally overfeed. Sometimes I’m chasing the higher % to increase my special and not fussed about the lost XP.

1 Like

Actually it is working already. If you are 8/8 on skill level and then try to overfeed at an ascension checkpoint then the game not allows you to select any more feeders.
I agree that overfeeding for skill increase is a waste on 5*.
They shall just create a pop message after you reach the exp that
“You already reached the required experience amount, any additional feeder will count into skill increase only”
And if someone want to use that FEATURE, then let it be used. It helps on 3* and sometimes on 4* too

2 Likes

Hey CR!

Yeah its between ascensions that this occurrence nabs me and others… starting at 2/1 and 3/1 usually have them maxed 8/8 before 4/80 or 4/70… however this doubles up with the costumed heroes and the costumed side is very short in comparison so even more opportunities for the overfeeding. Yeah a message box or lock or just can’t select/highlight more feeders would be awesome!

I still think its funny that I never ever even considered or thought about the 8/8 until I ran short on my Melandor costume just months ago lol… the 3* I never chased the special skill max if they were short so don’t have that experience ha ha ha. So assuming I never was short on a 4* or 5* in nearly 3 years…

Thanks

4 Likes

Great idea :+1:t2:. Our resources are scarce enough as is and too precious to waste. Similar is when you log on and your ham or iron are full or even recruits and then you cannot recoup those items either. There should be a warning :warning: or a mechanism where the extra overage of ham/iron/troops stay in a buffer/temp storage so you can empty them out after you use or transfer the items to a farm, training camp, forge, etc. Instead, you are told that you are full as it fills up and you cannot recoup the overage. Ham and iron are wasted. Let’s fix this too while we are at it. Sometimes, it happens when you are logging on because war ended or a titan was killed while away. Why can’t you go into the game and make space and come back and click on the button to collect your loot AFTER? You currently cannot access the game UNTIL you click on the button and collect the loot/prize and end up getting a message “You have maxed your storage make more”. But it’s too late and even if you could upgrade a farm or iron storage right then, it won’t let you do that or use the overage. This game can be costly, don’t let us waste what you give us. Thanks

1 Like

Yes! Please! 1000 times yes, jeebus every time this happens I feel like I’ve been had.

Seriously, how was it even implemented like this in the first place?

2 Likes

To be fair to the OT, this really should have it’s own topic.

1 Like

:point_up_2:

As stated, this feature is already enabled. If the skill reaches 8/8 you can’t overfeed that hero anymore. I’ve noticed this several days ago, maybe weeks.

1 Like

Originally overfeeding had a reason for it to be allowed. It gave you extra chances to increase a difficult special skill.

I’d also note that if the special skill is maxed already the game disallows overfeeding.

That was before the change that made the odds of a special increase 5x normal after a hero was maxed, considerably reducing the cost.

Now the only valid reason to consider overfeeding would be for early game players with a hero that isn’t special skill maxed but will be stuck for ascension materials (a 4* stuck at 3/60, or a 5* stuck at 2/60; the odds of 3/70 not maxing a special skill are really low)

I’d rather have it disallowed or at least a confirmation dialogue, as I have made this mistake when feeding fast or on autopilot before.

3 Likes

It’s definitely happened to me a few times when not paying attention. Usually followed by the horror that I’ve just wasted my precious fodder!

I can’t say I have ever intentionally over fed a hero to purposely increase the odds of leveling up the special but if that’s a feature people still use, then perhaps we can just highlight any additional heroes after the max is reached in a different color? This allows people to overfeed if they want but provides a visual cue that you’ve reached the exp max when selecting feeders. Or as some have mentioned, a confirmation dialogue when you select level up.

1 Like

I was feeding a Costumed Melendor today, and when he was at Max for ascension, it still allowed me to add more feeders. Almost threw away a 3* Trainer. I think @Razor 's idea is geared for more specifically those instances.

2 Likes

Yes, it should stop you before overfeeding.

Has it ever happened to me? Not that I can recall. I don’t stock up heroes and feed all at once. I mostly feed as soon as I get them. It’s less exciting that way, I don’t usually get to see a hero move up 5-10 levels in a row. Sometimes they don’t even go up one level.

Every time I get close to cap for a certain ascension level, I pay close attention. Do I really need to feed a 2* hero to get them to 70, or can I get them there with a 1*? I actually get a little OCD when it gets that close. Obviously, in the long game, it doesn’t really matter much if I waste a feeder or two here or there. But I don’t like wasting anything. Game definitely shouldn’t allow people to waste mats (in fact, off topic, that’s one of my gripes with the PoV dailies… forcing me to use really good battle items when I’m not doing any tough battles that would necessitate using them? SHAME, SG. Those things aren’t cheap, you know. Items like midnight roots don’t just grow on trees. They grow under trees. Like way under trees. And you’re lucky if you pull one of them out of every three farming runs.

Ordinarily when it comes to a situation like this, I might say “oh well you should pay more attention to what you’re doing”… but seriously. Game is grindy enough as it is when we’re not making absent minded mistakes. Don’t think it’s too much to ask for them to give us a heads up notification before we sacrifice half a day’s worth of work for nothing.

2 Likes

I’m not gonna’ lie. It’s pretty exciting to rip through an entire Ascension Tier in a single feeding session with what was building in the Training Camps. Gluttony never looked so good.

2 Likes

I’ll bet! Every now and then I miss a day of logging in, and come back to find a bunch of feeders in my camps. It is fun, until several of them reach ascension level at the same time and I just spent all my food on the next level of research for some stupid alchemy lab or hunter’s lodge item. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Stocking up represents a different situation or a different choice/game stage.

When I had plenty of heroes to work on, that’s exactly what I did.

There were some times when I spent all my ham on feeding troops, so I let uncollected heroes pile up, only eating the ones I got farming.

And right now I don’t have many heroes I could level up, and I’m being picky/waiting so I’m storing finished feeders and ham in my TCs, and I should be able to instantly level a new 3*, 4*, or costume. I might have enough to max a 5* too, I haven’t tried to count/calculate. (It doesn’t matter; I’ll either run out before I finish and feed up as they come in…or have more for the next. I wouldn’t delay in either case)

1 Like

I see it different way. Overfeeding allows you to be able to hit the max level without the issue of trying to calculate every needed point. Why is this important? Because if they didn’t allow it you might never be able to finish some heroes because you don’t have the exact combo of heroes. For example you have a 5* hero at 4.79 that 79 level needs 3962 pts to reach level 80. How many feeders and what kind do you use to get that p!erfectly nice max level. I have gotten super close like with God.

The request doesn’t actually have anything to do with removing the max leveling ability for Special Skill (8/8), that opportunity would remain likely through another avenue in the same area as previously. As well if you need to use a partial feeder to MAX at full ascension that should continue as well. Both these would be logical as needed and factored in if the change is implemented to stop wasteful over feeding deposits. Again - its more of a standard to not allow one to be wasteful in the scenario I defined. Or in both cases of your concern you are simply informed that you will ‘overfeed’ X amount - would you like to continue.

GFDMF S#&* OK I Just bout the GD TRAINER FKN PACK and was leveling Noor after said I wans’t going to level any more fricken 5* heroes its 6:30a, its been a long night, and I wasn’t going to spend money - was hoping for the slim chance of… don’t know shes well OBVIOUSLY SHE IS 2/60!!! because I just used 10 trainers (TG 1* or I would really lose it) 2 of the fkn 10 went toward maxing level 2… the other 8 1* Trainer Heroes were consumed by the game because I HAVE TO WORK THE GAME DAILY TO PLAY IT, SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!! yES SPEED LEVELING and trying to do more than level and farm with my life!

JUST ACCIDENTLY WASN'T ON THE TOP OF MY GAME MENTALLY AND FED 10 1* TRAINER HEROES WHEN ONLY 2 WERE FREEEEELING NEEDED. THIS CRAP NEEDS TO STOP! REALLY!!

SGG DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE! this is truly a programming 101 issue, get the INTERN to do it…

JESUS 6:40am AZ TIME 8-2-2020. OK WELL WILL DO MY WAR THEN TAKE 5-6 HOURS TO PROCESS THE PERIOD IN REVIEW and all thos fun charts and reports! (lol they are fun but Im so mad).

You players whining about or against this is simply because you can’t wrap your brain around a IF/ELSE STATEMENT… about the special skill 8/8 let sgg turn it on at the END OF MAXING A HERO not at the BEGINING!.

Then you can save up and feed your 10 on colors 2*'s to get your 100% to move up one level and then the next after that till you get your outstanding N of 8 special skill levels players! Think about ALL THE PLAYERS NOT JUST YOURSELF. The thousands of us that are busy are paying for the minority of players can have the small satisfaction of getting their 3* heroe special skill levels earlier than RNG has determined you should. I bet 3*'s are 85-95% of who needs the extra feeders because they level so quick catch my drift???

SGG put a SINGLE toggle button, check box, radio button, option button, select box, or list box with boolean values tied to it (1 or 0) into our profiles that asks this question at least if your not going to assist the majority (again a programming 101 job) that asks:

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ABLE OT OVERFEED YOUR HEROES?"

or

"AT WHAT POINT WOULD YOU LIKE THE OPTION TO STOP OVERFEEDING YOUR HEROES SELECT 1: after 100, after 500, after 900, after 1,250, 1,251 or more?

or go back to school. Standard interfaces were taught to programmers 50 years ago.

@CrimsonRam yeah what you are saying is the same thing just a different angle.
I can login to my bank and say warn me of this or that, when make a deposit of any sort somewhere if I over or under it it lets me know and doesn’t let the transaction occur (at really any business). Just like when I’ve gotten Google points for spending and I try to buy a gem pack if its a penny short its a no go… its why the title of this thread was titled “LETS BE FAIR HERE”.

I could argue this all day in a 1000s different ways in that this is a wrong approach and not a standard one for transactions… just don’t have the head on straight and will probably comback and delete my rant that I’m not going to reread anytime soon. @Ralsha @BarryWuzHere @Mothra @Harlikwen @DotCom @Disposable @DocDO @Nutsy @Bucwild097

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Cookie Settings