Let’s take a minute to appreciate Caedmon

He is the epitome of Balance. He’s solid through and through. The majority of heroes in this game are weighted heavily towards attack or defense. He is the only middle ground, praise Caedmon. Solid. Decent stats offensively and defensively as far as 4* go. As far as 5* go. He has equal proportions. Solid attack and solid defense. Fast sniper, secondary ability to dispell buffs? Solid. Just solid. Great hero.

29 Likes

Im in hearty agreement. The dispell is a core skill capable of nullifying all kinds of superstars.

6 Likes

He’s a fantastic design. No, he doesn’t KILL like Lianna. But he is certainly a nuisance. Or on the flip side, a great ally.

5 Likes

He was a mainstay for me until TC20 gave me Lianna. Caedmon will always be one of my favorites. One day I will level my 2nd and 3rd copy of him for wars. It is definitely worth it.

ALL PRAISE CAED!

11 Likes

Yeah, he is my first 4 star debuffer, he is on his way up and I am looking forward to using him, he is so annoying to play against so I will be using him in wars and raids. Saving my shields for him!

And he is the natural predator of the Boril tank :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I challenge anybody to provide a better example of the most balanced hero in the game.

1 Like

I guess Li xiu is another very solid example, same as Tiburtus.

2 Likes

Drake Fong. Fast / Solid stats / Blinds 3 / Hits 3 with equal damage. :thinking:

5 Likes

Those are good examples, the two of you. However I can dispute these examples by mentioning that @Elpis those are average mana heroes. And @AirHawk that is a 5* hero.

1 Like

Caedmon has the glory here, I would say

As “balance” is the parameter, i would say average is the most “balanced” parameter and Li xiu is really the epitome of “balanced hero”.
A bit tanky, AoE, tacting mana cutting.

But yes, whatever the opinions are Caedmon is a great balanced hero.

1 Like

Well you didn’t mention that it has to be a 4*. :stuck_out_tongue:

A 4* challenger would be either Sabina/Melendor. Average mana / High tile damage / Heals all / Dispel. :smiley:

In a 1v1 battle of Caedmon vs Melendor, I would say Mel has the upper hand even if he is fast.

1 Like

Now that is intriguing. Does melendor’s higher damage equate to a piercing strike?? And would Caedmon kill Melendor before he could heal??

4 Likes

I love this discussion. Let me clarify why I love Caedmon more than Li Xiu… don’t get me wrong, Li is a mainstay so far on my defense team. But. When you think of utility and usefulness and combine stats of heroes, including the best heroes in the game ie; gravemaker, Guinevere, Hel… I find Caedmon to be a fantastically beautiful example of both greatness and balance. He is great in every aspect. Defense, offense.

2 Likes

He’s not overpowered and not underwhelming. He is right in the middle, and it’s beautiful how he sits in the middle.

Well if basing on stats alone, Caedmon can’t kill Mel on a single strike, so Mel does get to heal.

In boxing terms:
Caedmon has a weaker jab. Launches his stronger straight faster and removes any doping. Does not recover from damage.

Mel has a stronger jab. No finishing moves and removes any doping. Recovers from damage. Higher stamina in that sense. :smiley:

1 Like

It’s not that it needs to be a 4*. It’s that when I think of balance in this game, Caedmon is king. Drake is of course great. But he doesn’t sit in the middle. He isn’t great in a balanced way. He’s great because he hits and he blinds and he’s very strong. He’s on the other side of the fence to me, he’s the stronger type of hero.

1 Like

Caedmon sits in the middle and competes with stronger heroes.

1 Like

Caedmon is BALANCE. He is strong and useful. But not the higher end of strong and useful. Perfectly middle. A competitor but not an unfair hero. Just a solid example of balance.

2 Likes

Well Caedmon was my first maxed 4* green and he is great but I dont think he is on the most balanced side.

For me balance = can do all = offense + defense + support

Why Mel:
Offense - high tile damage
Defense - healing
Support - dispels

Caedmon is a support striker. Dispels and punches hard for a 4*.

1 Like