Let leaders prevent members from attacking the titan

Hello everyone,

I’m the second-in-command of a family-like alliance. There is one big problem we are dealing with. If we realize that we won’t be able to take down the titan, one member of the leadership calls the members to keep their banners for the next titan. But everytime there is someone who doesn’t read the call or ignores it and continues attacking. These banners are missing when the following titan spawns. I’d like to have an admin tool that allows me to prevent members from attacking a titan.

Hey there,

I really like the idea, we used to have a similar problem and it was just crazy. Back then I had no idea how to do it, but the fact they’ve added a War “On/Off” button gave me hope the same could be done with titans.

It could be as simple as the war one, even more if we consider we wouldn’t be messing with any other alliance but our own, once you hit the button we wouldn’t have the option to attack the titan. Although people could exploit it and block every single titan, it’s not really a biggy since you can just leave and find a new Alliance (it’s currently happening with alliances rejecting every single war).

Cheers

Hi, I also think this is a good idea, but in it’s absence our alliance has a couple of ways to (try) and prevent titan hits if we have called it.

Firstly all Leader messages in the chat are in yellow, so it is pretty easy to scroll back and spot them.

Secondly the first line of the Alliance Description states quite clearly if we are, or ar not, hitting the titan. As all of the leadership team can change the description any of them can call it. Also the alliance description is clearly visible on the Alliance/Titan tab.

Hope this helps.

There are many reasons why a player might do that. Here are some of the reasons for me.

1. Log on. Use flags first read chat second.
  2. Very ocd have to get a B score even on an escaped titan.
  3. I know my log on schedule and when I can hit, so if a titan spawns in the middle of my sleep schedule it would be wasted flags anyway.
  4. Sometimes you never know what can happen. Players level, really good boards, if you’re killing one level lower titan with 8-14 hours to spare, I figure my 3 extra hits at the start don’t really matter that much.
    Just the other side of the argument. Either way it doesn’t matter to me very much, but finding out the reason why your team members don’t stop hitting might help you figure out what you need to do to get them on board with the stopping when asked. Communication is the key, and will get stubborn players like me to stop when you ask.

Leave a messages and updates in your allience board and teach your members to
Read it everyday as they log on.

SIMPLES

If only it worked that way

There’s already a great option where a leader can “kick” a player out of an alliance if they’re not being a team player.

Does in my allience because they know I leave messages, notices and tips there so they read it, since there is a notice in chat that the description has been changed then they all see it when they log on.
SIMPLES!

at the 12 hours point, when we decide we are going to let the titan go because we know we can’t kill it, someone that has 3 hits can use their 3 hits for practice and still be full flags when the next titan appears. also, if you prevent someone from hitting the titan, if they have not hit the titan at all yet, then they won’t get the titan escaped loot.

I have to say there is another danger with the request. In addition to the fact that people only have 3 attacks and a twelve hours cycle for attacks you are unfortunately losing the most precious resource in the game which would be time in this case. TO EACH ALLIANCE THEIR OWN, but I can say speaking as a co-leader that while it might annoy me if someone does hit a titan when it (probably) will escape, it would be a lot worse if you have someone who is a top hitter not get any loot because of the issue. Also keep in mind that you never know when someone may have that one rare board and do well above average damage. Developers if you get a chance please heavily consider NOT ADDING a total lock out on titans for this reason.

Hi, a good point, and something I omitted to say was that in our alliance hitting the Titan daily is mandatory and members know and expect to be kicked if they don’t. If we call to stop hitting at the 12hr mark and someone has not scored then of course we expect them to take their three hits to get their participation loot. In the same way if we have killed the Titan by the 12hr mark and they have zero hits we don’t kick them because they may have been asleep.

As has been pointed out each alliance to their own and this is all part of clear communication of what is expected of members.