Leonidas buff

There has been some hype around Leonidas’s costume (which I have and is really good). I was wondering though, about thoughts on his regular version, now that he was recently buffed and his attack special is now 415%? I know he was generally considered a B grade hero or so, but how much would the buff improve that grade?

IMO not much.
He keeps being average, yellow and monk.
And another fast yellow monk keeps hitting harder (468%).

Leonidas is [a bit] more durable but the best way to be more durable for snipers is to hit earlier.
The mana cut and self heal, thou, might get some love when facing a slow team: in that case average is not that bad and the 40% mana cut becomes significant.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t have his costume and use the base version all the time. Mine is currently around +8 or so. I went A path which increases damage and, indirectly, his self heal.

His 40% cut is significant. My issue with say Li Xiu (costume and regular) or regular Chao is that the cuts are too small. Some times they don’t even buy you a full turn. 40% will do that. This is true in raids, bosses, and titans in my experience.

While mana cut is his primary role as a secondary he does hit quite hard. He is not a sniper, but his damage isn’t nothing. This is especially true when compared to other yellow mana controllers like throwing Gretel into the mix. His base A value is pretty high for a mana controller as well. Little John and Gretel come to mind are competitors with A value, but certainly above Chao, Li Xiu, Hansel (going off the top of my head). Tiles are king in this game.

He is the only 5* vanilla mana controller. As a F2P or C2P until you pull those paywall heroes he is arguably the best at it. There is some argument situationally for costume Chao or Little John, but they have their limitations as well.

He is very durable and this is amplified when his special fires due to self heal. I had him on a team with a heal 3 hero for a time and his self heal was enough to keep him in the fight outside the heal 3 bubble.

As far as vanilla, or even yellow, mana controllers he is the most durable and hits the hardest with this special. Given his emblems, his A value passes Gretel’s too which is pretty high. I would note my Gretel is +20 HP/D currently. At one point she was +20 A path and I believe she would still be higher than my Leo currently around +8 A path.

My .02 only, a pretty viable hero. I raid with him all the time in diamond.

Good luck out there!

:beers:

9 Likes

This is my exact situation. Pretty funny but it’s the same in my daily play.

1 Like

I have his costume and don’t use the Monk version except for Trials. However, it is important to note that the monk’s 20th node is +4% mana. Add that to the costume bonus and he charges in 6 tiles for Rush wars/tournaments without a mana troop. Of course I’m still 375 emblems short of that and with Yang Mai around, don’t think it’s worth it since I have enough yellow mana troops.

1 Like

I think with 4% you still need a mana troop but it doesn’t have to be levelled?

1 Like

In Rush Wars/Tournaments, everyone just needs 9% to go to 6 tiles. Costume bonus + the 4% is enough.
In other situations, from Average to 9 tiles requires 12%. Then you need a level 1 mana troop + CB + 4%.

2 Likes

Ah yes, forgot the costume bonus. Well played