I’ve been playing this game since one year and I’m very close to give up on the game completely. And reason behind it isn’t related to stuff I have on my account (5* heroes or ascension materials). I still have heroes to upgrade and materials to do so, but it just takes too much time. If you upgrading 5* hero with only one specific color it will take around 4 months to reach 80 lvl. And at some point getting fully upgraded 5* hero doesn’t bring a big difference in any parts of the game. It just helps a little bit with titans, raids, challenges, and so on. And it cost you 4 months of playing. Unless you upgrading heroes one by one then probabbly it would take 1 month instead, but it is less effective. So what I’m trying to say is that at some point the game becoming simply boring. Nothing really exciting is going on:
- quests are too easy and rewards are poor in most cases
- challenges are unfair, you cannot compete with people who are in game for much longer time or has spent a huge amount of money on it. My biggest achievement was top 50 on medium and it was half year ago, never repeated it
- special events brings new mechanics, but happens very rarely and again - nothing special in rewards
Usually to keep exciment in the game the player must have the feeling that along with his progress comes better rewards and he is able to do same stuff faster. But in Empires what happens is:
- You gain more food/stones than you can spend (there is no single thing you can spend food on without a need of sth else, like recruits, troops, heroes, materials. Same with stone after having all major building on lvl 20)
- Farming is extremely boring, u may skip the battle only if you have specific resource (can it be available just by default?). Besides farming rate doesn’t speed up basically unless you counting few points of energy you can save during the night. So there is no available option to farm more troops and more heroes along with game progress
- Same happens with gems, no options to farm them faster. Actually you farm them slower, because a lot of them comes from missions.
- The only thing which seems rewardable are titans and ascension materials. But thats not enough
So to summarize above with one sentence - game progress is too slow which makes game boring at some point which eventually makes people quit. And I think you have noticed that as well, a huge drop of player database, especially those with 3500-4000 hero power. We have merged our alliance with some other 2 times already because of that.
I wont give any specific solution to this problem, but it has to be sth which:
- allow players to farm effortlessly. Titans, wars, raids already taking a lot of time.
- allow players to gain more heroes, troops, recruits, gems and it should scale with hero level
- allow players to spend food and stone without a need of anything else
- allow players to compete in challenges on more fair way. Maybe divide players based on their hero level and distribute rewards within those divisions? So you will compete with players with similar hero level to yours. Rewards should scale with divisions as well
- maybe provide some other individual challenges which may meassure player progress and reward them accordingly if they finish them?
Other suggestions welcome.