šŸŒ‘ Laohu - 5* Holy / Yellow from Lunar New Year

Gotta say, the passive is a bit excessive. They should change it so when the special is cast, minions will deactivate for 3 turns. Having just the hero on the team rendering all minions useless is OP.

You donā€™t even need to max Lunar heroes, just have it at 370 and stick it to the corner. Then spam tiles toward the minion summoner until your main color can kill them.

2 Likes

As an active member of this game, the introduction to this op passive made me rage quit the game.

I just got my 6th scopes and maxed out pipe eariler this week, feeding him my last set of 4* Aethers too.

With this overpowered passive, waterpipe can no longer be the tank as he serve 0 purpose. Its basically a 4 v 5. All i need is to bring a LaoHu or bunny, 1 healer and 3 hitters, just dump tiles into the middle until i get my specials.

Since iā€™m playing in the top 20-30 alliances, they made waterpipe change from the most sort after tank to the most worthless tank. Thank you developers for helping me in making the easiest decision, ie to bolt from this game.

Have fun guys.

3 Likes

Please donā€™t rage burn your roster or troops. You are not the only one affected by this OP passive, which incidentally exists only as long as Tiger lives.

Who knows if Zynga will nerf this passive by reducing it to ā€œactivate for X turnsā€ when Tiger casts his special? Or something along these terms.

Cool off first yah. CNY approaching. Enjoy your CNY. Gong Xi Fa Cai !!!

4 Likes

So this hero basically kills the use of some current new ones.

I have a feeling will be nerfed next month after the portal is gone.

M&M, Hulda minions canā€™t heal both common on defense

Waterpipe, LotL minions canā€™t steal mana Waterpipe is common on defense

W3k heroes canā€™t debuff/steal or counter attack not as common but see them some.

Bera canā€™t prevent minions so if you pair one of the above with this hero you remove the only other minion defense

Just for reference; atk>def>hp

1 Like

I think for the first time we need a balance discussion thread for a passive. @PlayForFun can you make one?

3 Likes

Here is it for you:

1 Like

I agree with @BlackZed, donā€™t range quit and also I wouldnā€™t say Waterpipe is useless because not everyone owns a Lunar hero. Plus once people are done flaunting them on defense, they will likely get replaced with better defensive heroes anyway so offensively Waterpipe will still be useful.

Happy CNY all :heart:

4 Likes

I just cannot comprehend the concept of ā€œlets push it out first then nerfā€. Its like thereā€™s literally 0 brainstorming and understanding on the repercussions of what it will do to the gaming community and serious players. Whatā€™s the point of beta in the first place?

Currently, I wonā€™t feed my heroes and troops away as iā€™m still hoping for the change in this silly overpowered passive. However, if they are not going to do anything about it, iā€™m pretty sure that i, together with a lot more, wonā€™t be part of this amazing community anymore, which is one of the only few reasons why people are still playing.

3 Likes

totally agre. i didnā€™t pull for them as im afraid they passive will be nerfef, and if they do this heroes will be one of weaker in las 6months that is realizedā€¦
without pasive they are just sniper with no effect and to slow

1 Like

Yep! With the rabbit they realized that M&M would only lose her ailment throw so they decided to kill her with the damage on healā€¦death blow to M&M, profits for SG. But only if we fall for it. Donā€™t pull this month!!!

1 Like

This development has been a long time in the coming. Zynga has dug a deep deep hole for themselves and wanted to climb out with minimal repercussions plus no revenue loss.

Xnolphod nerf facilitated the rush for a replacement tank. Just before Morlovia started. Perfectly timed. After money rolled in as expected, Zynga ā€œlistenedā€ to their customers and tapped MM lightly on the wrist. After Morlovia portal closed.

This happened with the Winter Family too. In early Feb 2022.

Waterpipe was featured. But in a more expensive portal. Money poured in again.

Thereā€™s another fearsome minion summoner to be released : Sorrow.

Zynga needs to do something and came up with this passive:

1. Neutered Waterpipe. Heā€™s still great for events. Even for defences (not everyone will have 6 tigers/bunnies) but not at top tier.

2. Nerfed MM more. Still useful. Healer. Big fat meat shields. Attack up. More manageable.

3. Nerfed Sorrow (this needs to be confirmed: if damage upon minion removal still happens, then Sorrow is not nerfed)

At the same time, Zynga managed to give a broad slap to other minion summoners who rely on minion specials. And do not have interesting/useful specials on their own. Another initiative to push players to keep pulling for replacement heroes, as Zynga manages the game meta in line with their business strategy to keep their money train chugging along.

This is not a new initiative from Zynga. Typical gacha business model; just too obvious recently.

Beta has given their feedback. Nerf to X Turns upon hero activation. Letā€™s see what happens when the LNY portal closes.

In the meantime, use your MM. I feel your pain about Waterpipe but itā€™s not down the toilet yet. Heā€™s still useful but maybe not as much as a war tank.

Kind of curious to know what the feedback of this passive is before

Think it was posted in earlier V54 Beta thread. Need to search.

Theyā€™re not going to nerf the passive, so stop. They know exactly what theyā€™re doing. Abilities are being moved away from minions. Look at Luna. Passive ability on special for everyone to shoot a moonbeam to reduce mana. Donā€™t need to run it through a minion like Waterpipe.

Disclaimer: I donā€™t have either of these heroes, nor am I chasing them.

1 Like

Separate from the nerf discussion, a question on which talent path for the tiger. Attack would make sense as a sniper, but would health/defense make more sense to preserve the passive?

2 Likes

It seems the most common theme in this thread is that these new heroes are OP because they make some other heroes non-OP.

9 Likes

Zynga has milked so much from Halloween event and then from Waterpipe. Both Waterpipe and M&M really changed the game lately and now Zynga released 2 new heroes (only 2) which pretty much overcome Water and M&M or any other minion heroes. Gamers are drawn into spending more money (once again) with hope to get Xiaotu and Laohu. It is neverending blood sucking machine. The worst thing of all about this game is the probabillity of getting the desired hero. It is utterly disgusting.

1 Like

Of course they were going to introduce a counter to water pipe and m and m. Why would they not?

5 Likes

ā€¦and next will be a hero that diminishes these passive effects and so on and so forthā€¦

ā€œIt is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.ā€ - Charles Darwin :sauropod:

1 Like